Windows 10: Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc

Discus and support Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all Version 1511 installed. Other fixes don't work. I tried removing documents from this pc with the reg file. Also didn't work. With time,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bonc, Mar 11, 2016.

1. bonc Win User

Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc

Hey all
    Version 1511 installed. Other fixes don't work. I tried removing documents from this pc with the reg file. Also didn't work.
    With time, number of documents folders increase. The folders go away when clicked into another folder or a new explorer window opened.

Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc [​IMG]

:)

2. mklensten Win User

Multiple Duplicate Folders under This PC in File Explorer

I have the same problem - However, if I close Windows Explorer and reopen it, only one "Documents" folder exists under "This PC" and all of the duplicate "Documents" folders are gone. If I leave Windows Explorer running, the duplicate "Documents" folders
    start reappearing.

mklensten, Mar 11, 2016
  3. Multiple Duplicate Folders under This PC in File Explorer

After I installed OneDrive when I open up File Explorer (Windows Explorer); on the left side I now see:

1 "OneDrive" with appropriate folders underneath. That is good.

2. Underneath OneDrive is "This PC" with similar folders underneath, also good so far.

3. And below that is my "C:" drive. Standard stuff.

One of the folders I moved to OneDrive is my Documents (C:\Users\Grant\Documents). If memory serves me correctly I just dragged and dropped the folder into OneDrive folder in File Explorer. As a result If you look at C:\Users\Grant\Documents it is now empty
    but the content can now be found at C:\Users\OneDrive\Grant\Documents. So now the "Documents" folder is underneath "OneDrive" not "This PC". This is all makes sense.

Here is the strange part. When looking at the left side of File Explorer I quite often see multiple duplicate folders named "Documents" that are under "This PC". If I click on any of them they are duplicates of the same folder under "OneDrive". This problem
    is more of an nuisance than anything else. The number of Documents Folders underneath "This PC" folder varies from one (this is what should be there) to about 8 folders. The are all named "Documents" and with same content and green checkmark as found under
    "OneDrive/Documents".

If I click on "This PC" on the left side of the windows, on the right side of the window it always shows only one "Documents" folder. So the duplicate files only occurs on the left side of the File Explorer window.

How do I get rid of these duplicate folders on the left side of the File Explorer windows underneath "This PC"? Rather vebose post but wanted to make it clear.

Grant Klokeid, Mar 11, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Duplicate Documents folder Under This Pc - Similar Threads - Duplicate Documents folder

2. WANT DOCUMENTS FOLDER UNDER PC - HOW TO DO THIS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WANT DOCUMENTS FOLDER UNDER PC - HOW TO DO THIS: I would like to get the DOCUMENTS folder OUT OF ONE DRIVE where it has gone with the latest update.why does MS do these things?Can someone help please in putting the DOCUMENTS back under PC & not ONE DRIVE?thanksLesley...
  3. Duplicate Documents folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate Documents folders: I'm new to Windows 11 - old time #10 user. Why is there a "Documents" folder in my desktop display- the one that shows when i click on my Name folder in the upper LH of the desktop, and another under c:/user/me/Documents? They are not connected or synchronized....
  4. Duplicate Documents folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate Documents folders: I'm new to Windows 11 - old time #10 user. Why is there a "Documents" folder in my desktop display- the one that shows when i click on my Name folder in the upper LH of the desktop, and another under c:/user/me/Documents? They are not connected or synchronized....
  5. Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder: Documents folder duplicated in Pictures folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-folder-duplicated-in-pictures-folder/00af09ce-e789-4e17-b6bc-1385950e6eed
  6. Duplicate Folders in Documents Folder

Duplicate Folders in Documents Folder: Somehow my wife's laptop a Dell Laptop running an up-to-date Windows 10 OS has gotten 2 same-named folders Very Active with important data in her Documents folder. I've tried several things to fix by deleting 1 of the duplicate folders, moving files , etc. but nothing has...
  7. Duplicate Files under This PC

Duplicate Files under This PC: Hello I accidentally set my downloads folder to be a duplicate of My Documents. Does anybody know a way to fix it so that it targets my downloads folder. Without both of the shortcuts being altered as when i edit it i also changes the folder for documents. Here are so images...
  8. Duplicate Folders under This PC

Duplicate Folders under This PC: Under This PC, my Picture folder is missing. Instead I have two folders labeled Video and those folders have the same paths to where I store my videos. I'm not sure what I had done or how this even happen. How do I get my Picture folder back under This PC and how do I delete...
  9. Two 'Documents' Folders under This PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Two 'Documents' Folders under This PC: Hello, I have recently discovered a problem under the 'This PC' heading. I seem to have two 'Documents' folders. However, one icon is the correct for Documents, and the other is the icon for the Pictures. Also, my Pictures folder has gone missing. [img] [img] I have...
  10. Duplicated Documents and Pictures folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated Documents and Pictures folders: I have discovered that I have two Documents and two Pictures folders: one of each is in "This PC" and one in "Windows (C)>Users>[my name]". They are not synced and I seem to have to copy files from one to the other to get them to show the same; if I don't I have problems...