Windows 10: Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer

Discus and support Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello! It's the same as before, I thought I'd fixed it. I performed a restore from before the Windows Update on the 20th October. The duplicate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by enfield250, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer

Hello!
    It's the same as before, I thought I'd fixed it.
    I performed a restore from before the Windows Update on the 20th October.
    The duplicate drives had gone, however I could run any office programs.
    Excell said not enough memory when I opened it, I have 6gb.
    Word opened but all the menus were missing.
    So I restored to yesterday and the duplicates are back.
    I've tried the usual fix, but the key is not in the register under "Delegated Folders"
    I've now reinstalled Office 2013 that works ok!
    When I expand "This PC" I get D:/ and Our Photos (D) and also H:/ and Our Videos (H).
    I've spent all afternoon on the net and got absolutely nowhere.
    There is nothing on the Microsoft support site either.
    Am I the only one with this problem?
    Cheers.
    Colin

:)

enfield250, Oct 31, 2017

2. duplicate usb drives in windows 10 file explorer

This FIX resolved my problem of duplicating USB drives in left hand tree in Windows 10 File Explorer

Stephen H Stegemann, Oct 31, 2017
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 31, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer

Brink, Oct 31, 2017
  5. I've done that it doesn't work on my pc.
    When I navigate to the key it has no value.

enfield250, Oct 31, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    I'd like to see a screen shot of your expanded file explorer as well as the full window of your disk management.

Plankton, Oct 31, 2017
  7. Here are both the files on attachments.
    The disk management shows "Our Photos (D)" and "Our Videos (H)"
    Whereas the file explorer shows "D:/" and "Our Photos (D)" aswell as "H:/" and "Our Videos (H)".
    Both these are partitions on the same on fixed sata drive, even stranger "Our Music (I)" on the same disk is fine.
    Cheers,
    Colin

enfield250, Nov 1, 2017
  8. Plankton Win User

Looking at both attachments....I don't see any duplicate drives or duplicate anything for that matter.

Plankton, Nov 1, 2017
  9. Edwin New Member
    When you say "the key has no value", but does the key exist?

If so, right click on it and delete it.

Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 1, 2017
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Colin,

When you used the tutorial I posted above, be sure that you used the correct 32-bit or 64-bit download for your system, and step 7 for possibly having to sign out/in to apply.

I've noticed that your "Pictures" folder is named "D", and "Videos" folder is named "H" instead. Did you attempt to move or rename them? It looks like you moved them to the root of those drives instead of a folder with the same name causing the folders to show the drive letter instead of proper name.

If you like, you can use option 2 in the tutorial below to restore the default locations of these folders.

*Arrow Restore Default Location of Personal Folders in Windows 10 User Accounts Tutorials

Brink, Nov 1, 2017
  11. Many thanks Brink!
    That seems to have done the trick.
    I was trying to achieve all my pictures and videos on their own drives with no duplicate on the C:
    The pictures: and Videos: folders are both empty.
    Cheers, Colin

enfield250, Nov 1, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Duplicate fixed Drives on File Explorer - Similar Threads - Duplicate fixed Drives

2. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries: File Explorer is displaying duplicate directories for two external hard drives and card reader. Ex. Drive H and all card reader drives are displayed twice. I have run Scandisk twice and DISM and no problems were identified. All drives can be accessed from either display. Is...
  3. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries: File Explorer is displaying duplicate directories for two external hard drives and card reader. Ex. Drive H and all card reader drives are displayed twice. I have run Scandisk twice and DISM and no problems were identified. All drives can be accessed from either display. Is...
  4. File Explorer Duplicating Drive Entries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Getting duplicate file folders in file explorer, how to fix?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting duplicate file folders in file explorer, how to fix?: I am getting duplicate file folders in explorer. Sub-folders that I have in Desktop folder are duplicated at bottom of file list. I cannot move or delete the duplicates without losing the originals. Also "Libraries" is duplicated and cannot remove....
  6. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate drive listed in explorer.: I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer navigation pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up? Here is what I am dealing with: [img] The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a...
  7. Duplicate drive listed in explorer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicate drive listed in explorer.: I had read some good tutorials on how to remove unwanted items from the side explorer pane and was interested if someone knows how to remove a duplicate of a drive showing up? Here is what I am dealing with: [img] The duplicate listing of Drive F: which is a USB Flash...
  8. Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows File Explorer Duplicates Drives: In my PC tower I have two 1.0TB solid state drives (C and E). Connected externally I have two 2.0TB and one 3.0TB portable disc drives (G, H and I) and also a 16GB memory stick used as a ReadyBoost (drive F). In my Windows File Explorer Drives C and E show normally (i.e. once...
  9. File explorer Duplicate entries for external drives

File explorer Duplicate entries for external drives: After a system refresh of Windows 10 all external disk storage drives, Micro SD and USB are listed twice in file explorer. This is a common problem, reported many times in forums and community support web sites. Could a solution be to reload file explorer. Is this possible...
  10. Duplicate Drive Entries in Explorer

Duplicate Drive Entries in Explorer: Here is a screen shot of the left hand panel of File Explorer. Note it shows two entries for My Passport 1TB (X*Smile. That is, of course, my external USB drive. When I open either one of them the same file and folder list appears Why does that drive it show up twice? And,...