Windows 10: Easy Guide: How to Set the Default Printer or Scanner in Windows 10

Discus and support Easy Guide: How to Set the Default Printer or Scanner in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If you have multiple printers or scanners connected to your computer, you can configure a primary device set as your default. In this article we show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Andre Da Costa, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Easy Guide: How to Set the Default Printer or Scanner in Windows 10

If you have multiple printers or scanners connected to your computer, you can configure a primary device set as your default. In this article we show you how to do that.

Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that you can follow from beginning to end.

Easy Guide: How to Set the Default Printer or Scanner in Windows 10 5f5f1870-086f-47e8-9eac-0c8d79ae3c69?upload=true.png

:)

Andre Da Costa, Oct 10, 2019

2. Windows 10 Sets Last Printer Used As Default Printer

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the printer settings and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type as “settings”.
    • Go to “settings” and select “devices”.
    • Click on “printers and scanners” option on the left hand side.
    • You will find all your printers listed on the screen, below that there is an option
      “Let Windows manage my default printer”.
    • I suggest you to turn “OFF” the option “When turned on, the default printer is the last used printer”.
    • Now check whether you can choose the other printers or not.
    Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 10, 2019
  3. gijoetech1, Oct 10, 2019
  4. RCoon Win User

Easy Guide: How to Set the Default Printer or Scanner in Windows 10

Setting Default Printer via Startup Script

I do it with VB logon scripts

"Dim ps0 [<------ our printer server the printers are added/managed on]
    Dim printer

ps0 = "\\ps0\"
    printer = "S14 - Oki ES4140" [<------- the name of the printer as it is shown on the server]

Set wshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
    on Error Resume Next

'Deletes all network printers
    Set clPrinters = wshNetwork.EnumPrinterConnections
    On Error Resume Next
    For i = 0 to clPrinters.Count - 1 Step 2
    wshNetwork.RemovePrinterConnection clPrinters.Item(i+1), true
    Next

'Add Network printer
    wshNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection ps0 & printer

'Set Default Printer
    wshNetwork.SetDefaultPrinter ps0 & printer" [<------ this bit sets it as default (note: this must be applied as the first policy before any other printers policies, otherwise it deletes them)]

Easy Guide: How to Set the Default Printer or Scanner in Windows 10 Printerscrupt.png

RCoon, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

Easy Guide: How to Set the Default Printer or Scanner in Windows 10

1. Easy Guide: How to Set the Default Printer or Scanner in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Easy Guide Set

2. How to set the Default Printer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set the Default Printer in Windows 10: [ATTACH]When using a laptop for both Office and home, we often have to switch printers. Windows 10 doesn’t offer an easy way to switch printer, […] This article How to set the Default Printer in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer/scanner not showing in Windows settings - printers and scanners: My USB printer / scanner does not show in the list of printers but the scanner does show in the scanners section. If I go to old style control panel devices and printers, the device shows in the Unspecified section with the following details [ATTACH] The device works...
  4. Easy Guide: How to Show Icons in the Windows 10 Taskbar

Easy Guide: How to Show Icons in the Windows 10 Taskbar: The Windows Taskbar host shortcuts to frequently accessed and running applications. The Notification Area located on the right side of the Taskbar keeps accessed to frequently accessed settings such as Date and Time, system icons such as Battery, Networks, Language and...
  5. Easy Guide: How to Create a PIN Password in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Easy Guide: How to Create a PIN Password in Windows 10: Windows 10 provides several methods for sign in: traditional alphanumeric passwords, Windows Hello biometric sign in, picture password and PIN. In this article, we look at setting up a PIN which is a secure method of signing in. The reason why a PIN is more secure is because...
  6. Easy Guide: How Rename Your Printer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Easy Guide: How Rename Your Printer in Windows 10: If you have multiple printers in your environment, whether at home or work, you can change the name to make it easy to find. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that...
  7. Easy Guide: How to Change the Default Application for Viewing and Editing Images

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Easy Guide: How to Change the Default Application for Viewing and Editing Images: In this quick guide, we show you how to change the default image for opening, viewing or editing your Photos in Windows 10. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that...
  8. Different Default Printer and Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Different Default Printer and Scanner: I have two printers in my office, one which I would like to have be my default printer, and another which I would like to be my default scanner. Is it possible to set one as the default printer and another as a default scanner? It seems quite trivial and obvious to have this...
  9. Easy Guide: How to Install and Uninstall Languages in Windows 10

Easy Guide: How to Install and Uninstall Languages in Windows 10: This article shows you how to install different language in Windows 10 and set it as the default. The article also shows you how to uninstall the language if you need to. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in...
  10. Easy Guide Links

Easy Guide Links: Andre Da Costa's Easy Guide Links How to Create Desktop Shortcuts for Microsoft Store and Desktop Apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/easy-guide-how-to-create-desktop-shortcuts-for/e9340b1c-e952-42fc-92ce-63cb58b5b0d2 How to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. set default printer/scanner