Windows 10: Edge appears when I click on it, then disappears immediately

Discus and support Edge appears when I click on it, then disappears immediately in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Edge appears when I click on it--or something does--then immediately disappears. Is there a way to reinstall it? or correct this behavior? I recently... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by napper, Jan 14, 2016.

1. napper Win User

Edge appears when I click on it, then disappears immediately

Edge appears when I click on it--or something does--then immediately disappears. Is there a way to reinstall it? or correct this behavior? I recently had huge problems with setting permissions and to solve them I restored to an earlier restore point.

Thanks.

:)

napper, Jan 14, 2016
  2. DON_804 Win User

Windows 10 display problems

1. When I right click the notification window, it starts then immediately disappears...

2. When I right click to see what wireless connections are available, the window opens then disappears immediately.

3. When I right click to change the sound volume it starts then immediately disappears.

4. When I try to type anything in the Cortana search window it starts blinking.

5. When I opeb the calc tool it blinks continously

6. When I open edge it also blinks continously.

All of the above started with the last upgrade to windows 10

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x86-based Systems (KB4032188)

This upgrade failed about 7 times before completing.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

DON_804, Jan 14, 2016
  3. Windows 10 display problems

jacquelinemt, Jan 14, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

brummyfan, Jan 14, 2016
  5. SoFine409 Win User
    Isn't that a new "feature" after the latest upgrade? *Wink

SoFine409, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge appears when I click on it, then disappears immediately - Similar Threads - Edge appears click

2. When I open Settings, it just flashes on the screen and then immediately disappears.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I open Settings, it just flashes on the screen and then immediately disappears.: Recently when I tried to check a setting on my Windows 10 machine Version 22H2, Build 19045.3803, the settings window briefly 1 second and then immediately disappeared. I thought it was just a temporary glitch, but that behavior has remained for a week or two. I'd appreciate...
  3. When I open Settings, it just flashes on the screen and then immediately disappears.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I open Settings, it just flashes on the screen and then immediately disappears.: Recently when I tried to check a setting on my Windows 10 machine Version 22H2, Build 19045.3803, the settings window briefly 1 second and then immediately disappeared. I thought it was just a temporary glitch, but that behavior has remained for a week or two. I'd appreciate...
  4. When I click sign in on the Xbox app, a gray box appears and disappears.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I click sign in on the Xbox app, a gray box appears and disappears.: Hi, every time I click the sign in button on the Xbox app on Windows 10, a grey box appears where the sign in window is supposed to be, but it simply appears then disappears a few times before just disappearing entirely. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and also...
  5. Solved Taskbar app previews immediately disappear when clicked on and Films & TV keeps...

Solved Taskbar app previews immediately disappear when clicked on and Films & TV keeps...: Solved, it was somehow caused by a port hubthe preview thumbnails which appear on any app don't work at all, when I hover on them they don't appear, when I click on said app, the thumbnail just appears then quickly disappear, then reappear a second laterbut when I try to...
  6. Taskbar app previews immediately disappear when clicked on and Films & TV keeps restarting...

Taskbar app previews immediately disappear when clicked on and Films & TV keeps restarting...: the preview thumbnails which appear on any app don't work at all, when I hover on them they don't appear, when I click on said app, the thumbnail just appears then quickly disappear, then reappear a second laterbut when I try to click on any thumbnail, it just disappears and...
  7. In Win 10 when Microsoft Solitaire Collection clicked it disappears immediately from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Win 10 when Microsoft Solitaire Collection clicked it disappears immediately from the...: In Win 10 when Microsoft Solitaire Collection clicked it disappears immediately from the screen within 2 seconds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-win-10-when-microsoft-solitaire-collection/5db95817-4308-4be4-9033-6968ff4681ec
  8. calculator app disappears immediately after clicking on it - opens and disappears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    calculator app disappears immediately after clicking on it - opens and disappears: calculator app disappears immediately after clicking on it - opens and disappears after last update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-app-disappears-immediately-after/801ced94-ebe0-40de-86c9-638de988a098
  9. All Win10 apps appear and immediately disappear, the STORE too?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Win10 apps appear and immediately disappear, the STORE too?: Somewhere in the last few updates my Win 10 apps went wonky. I have used Classic Start Menu for years so it looks more like the old XP desktop. Yeah, I was sorry to XP go. But I've moved on. I bought this HP as an 8 and seamlessly several years ago went to 10 and I receive...
  10. All Win10 apps appear and immediately disappear, the STORE too?

in Windows 10 Support
    All Win10 apps appear and immediately disappear, the STORE too?: Somewhere in the last few updates my Win 10 apps went wonky. I have used Classic Start Menu for years so it looks more like the old XP desktop. Yeah, I was sorry to XP go. But I've moved on. I bought this HP as an 8 and seamlessly several years ago went to 10 and I receive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HELP edge appears when I click on it then disappears immediately