Windows 10: Edge Browser - cannot print to pdf file

Discus and support Edge Browser - cannot print to pdf file in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I cannot use the Microsoft print to pdf feature on my Lenovo laptop from the Windows 10 Home Edge browser. The print screen shows a blank preview.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by zaqxsw, Feb 24, 2016.

1. zaqxsw Win User

Edge Browser - cannot print to pdf file

I cannot use the Microsoft print to pdf feature on my Lenovo laptop from the Windows 10 Home Edge browser. The print screen shows a blank preview. Print to pdf does work on the laptop from any other app such as Word, OneNote, etc.

I can print to pdf from Edge on my desktop running the same version of Windows 10 and Edge.

I have completely uninstalled the print to pdf feature on the laptop, all the way to uninstalling the print server drivers and disabling the feature in the Windows 10 installation. And then enabling and reinstalling it. I still cannot print to a pdf file from Edge on the laptop. It is not a print problem, as this feature does work on all other apps/programs.

Just wondering if this has been reported as an issue on certain hardware? Thanks for any replies!

:)

zaqxsw, Feb 24, 2016

2. Printing from Edge - where is the old dialogue box?

Yes, changing the browser solves the problem ... but no need to change the standard browser.

If you want to print from Edge go to the three dots drop down menu and 'Open in Internet explorer'

Printing from the internet explorer brings the old print menu again.

Some attention for PDF files! Edge can open/read pdf files but the internet explorer cannot.

To make the internet explorer open/read an acrobat pdf file the Adobe acrobat reader (DC) must be installed.

Hope this could help

Luc Crevits, Feb 24, 2016
  3. tdehan Win User
    The Edge does NOT print .pdf files

by default Windows 10 opens pdf files in the Edge browser. However, you can't print them. Each time one selects PRINT, the Edge browser instead of printing saves the file the Documents folder. Open the file from the Documents folder and it opens it again
    in the Edge browser and again when trying to PRINT it saves the files to the Documents folder.

The only way to print the file is to download and install Adobe Reader.

Way to go again Microsoft!!!!!

tdehan, Feb 24, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, Feb 24, 2016
  5. I use Edge all the time and I can print ok
    Check to make sure you have
    Microsoft Print to PDF
    How you check is
    Right click Start Button
    Scroll to
    Program and Features
    Then Scroll to
    Turn Windows Features On or Off
    Then when Menu comes up
    Scroll down to
    Microsoft Print to PDF
    Make sure it is ticked

hTconeM9user, Feb 24, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    If above method does not work, and assuming the problem is your Edge in your laptop, my suggestion to you is to post the question to this forum................
    Microsoft Community forums
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...dows_10-msedge

Experts in that forum using Edge might be able to help, providing the problem is Edge.

davidhk, Feb 24, 2016
  7. You use adobe PDF instead of microsoft
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...2-fdf398590ad6

hTconeM9user, Feb 24, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

zaqxsw,
    Please post back the result one way or the other.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Feb 24, 2016
  9. zaqxsw Win User
    Thanks for all of the replies.

davidhk, I tried this with no luck. I did get a bit of a "wait" animated logo on the preview page before it went blank. On my desktop, it would have shown the print preview.

zaqxsw, Feb 24, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    I have no more good ideas.
    The only suggestion I have already given to you is try asking in Microsoft Community, Edge forum.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-msedge?auth=1

You might want to hang around a bit longer.
    Someone might come along to help.

davidhk, Feb 24, 2016
  11. zaqxsw Win User
    Just an update. I can now print to .pdf through Edge on my laptop using the Microsoft print to pdf feature . The only explanation I can come with is that the following update fixed this issue:

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3140768). Installed 3/8/16.

Thanks for the replies!

zaqxsw, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge Browser - cannot print to pdf file - Similar Threads - Edge Browser cannot

2. Cannot print a pdf to onenote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot print a pdf to onenote: so 3 days ago it was perfectly fine and I was able to print a pdf document to onenote but yesterday I tried doing it and it doesn't work. This is what shows up. I have tried it on multiple devices but still have the same issue. https://imgur.com/a/eJCtBwVIt also says spooling...
  3. Cannot Print PDF's from Browser window

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Print PDF's from Browser window: It may have been a windows update, but on two PC's at my work they cannot print a pdf from a browser window IE11, ME, Chrome, etc.. When a pdf comes up in a browser window and you scroll your mouse over it, you will see the controls at the top Print, Save, +/-, Settings -...
  4. Will not print PDF files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will not print PDF files: I can display the file, but cannot print attached PDF files that I am getting sent. So I have to use "Print display page" which is a god awfully slow process. I thought PDF files were universally accepted format. Do you know why it hangs up ? It just sits there, does...
  5. PDF print files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PDF print files: What inexpensive or free app or download is recommended to print to pdf large or custom paper sizes such as ArchD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-print-files/ba3eb7df-2b84-401a-ab03-cc8ae2dcd5f7
  6. Printing from the EDGE Browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printing from the EDGE Browser: I cannot print documents, email files, etc. from the Edge Browser. When I switch to the Google Chrome and transfer my msn email account to Gmail account I Print with no problem. My printer is an HP ENVY 7640. I 've updated all my printer drivers to the latest. My printer...
  7. Pdf Highlighted text in Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pdf Highlighted text in Edge Browser: Hello all, I am using edge as a pdf reader and I am highlighting it while reading. And now I want to check all my highlighted texts without traversing the whole document like we can do in Adobe. How to do it??...
  8. Edge browser and print to pdf water mark

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browser and print to pdf water mark: I was using print to pdf in edge browser. Printed pdf file has water mark even with cute pdf writer. Where as Same type printing in other browsers does not show water mark.How to avoid water mark in edge browser print to pdf. 67345
  9. Can't print .pdf from browser

in Browsers and Email
    Can't print .pdf from browser: Hi. I can't print any .pdf file directly from browser (edge or chrome). When I choose print, the only option I have is to save as pdf and then I have to open the saved pdf file and print it. Saved files are printed OK. Can you help me? Thanks. 43738
  10. Edge Browsers & PDF'S

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browsers & PDF'S: Why is it, when I click to open a PDF from my brokerage account to view a trade confirmation, Edge cannot open the PDF, however, when I switch to IE or Chrome no problem opening the same? Thanks 19348

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot print a pdf to one note as edge does not support standard pdf reader

2. cannot print pdf files from edge

3. cannot print pdf from edge 2019

4. microsoft edge cannot print to pdf,
  5. cannot print from edge browser,
  6. cannot print a pdf file from edge