Windows 10: Edge browser Corruption

Discus and support Edge browser Corruption in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Looks like another deferral is in order *Rolleyes Thanks for everything. Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kitpzyxmsir, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Edge browser Corruption

Looks like another deferral is in order *Rolleyes

Thanks for everything.

kitpzyxmsir, Apr 5, 2018

2. I just discovered all my extensions in Edge are corrupt, and will not reinstall.

I Found several sites with similar advice, i.e.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/fre...-10-pcs-guide/

I deleted the contents of "Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe", but the command for powershell to restore Edge only brings up an error.

Edge browser Corruption [​IMG]

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Apr 14, 2018
  3. JERoweSr Win User
    Windows 10 Micorosoft Edge Browser

Microsoft Edge Browser is corrupt after the last big windows 10 update. I tried all of the you fix it instructions with no avail. How can I get a web browser to use on my pc, Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer

JERoweSr, Apr 14, 2018
  4. Edge browser Corruption

On jan 5/17 my edge browser got corrupted with a mal ware that wont allow me to navigate, I can use explorer and google chrome however, how to I delete this mal ware ? thanks for any help

On jan 5/17 my edge browser got corrupted with a mal ware. Like to remove

TerryMcKane, Apr 14, 2018
  5. Hi kitpzyxmsir.

Have a look at this tutorial, Option 2. Edge is listed under "Microsoft Edge".

Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10

I would cut and paste right out of code box.

Although there is a warning that this will not work if you uninstalled an app for all user accounts. Likely should have done this first.

If this fails I think I would be doing an in place repair / upgrade. Assuming you are on 1709 it will be a repair. If you are not on 1709 it will be an upgrade, just FYI.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

I always recommend having a complete data backup even though the process is supposed to be non destructive.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Apr 14, 2018
  6. Hi Caledon Ken,

I restored back to a Macrium image before I tried to uninstall Edge, but it's still corrupted.

I tried all Brinks solutions, but all failed.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

kitpzyxmsir, Apr 15, 2018
  7. Caledon Ken, Apr 15, 2018
  8. Edge browser Corruption

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "in place? I understand that the the Fall Creators Update offers an option to repair Edge, if that's what you are referring to? I deferred the update, so no option for me.

Edge was never immobilized until I wiped out the "Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe" folder and was unsuccessful using powershell to repair Edge. Whatever else may or may not have been wrong with Edge at the time, what I noticed was that all the extensions were "off", and could not be turned on, or reinstalled, whether they were still in place in Edge, or had been uninstalled.

When I restored the Macrium image (created 2/18/18), the Edge extensions were still corrupted. I tried that fix you suggested, but all it really does is let you "uninstall" them from the registry. It didn't work.

The punch line is that I then restored another Macrium image from 1/1/18 (which I was hoping to avoid since it meant I now had to go thru Windows updating it and implementing all the changes I had made since January, a time consuming pain), and found Edge in proper working order, which is great except that there is still no solution in case it happens again.

Thanks for the help.

kitpzyxmsir, Apr 21, 2018
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    Ken is offline now. If I may, what Ken is referring to is the In-Place Repair of Windows OS. Doing so will not delete anything of yours. You will still have all your apps and data, as is. It basically refreshes the entire OS, which would include Edge. Here is the tutorial for it.

*ArrowRepair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade Windows 10 Tutorials

f14tomcat, Apr 21, 2018
  10. Thanks TC. I provided that link back in post #2. Guess I didn't explain it well enough.

Caledon Ken, Apr 21, 2018
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    Sorry for butting in, Ken. Wasn't sure how long you'd be out. All yours!! *Smile

f14tomcat, Apr 21, 2018
  12. No problem TC. It is a community and everyone needs to contribute.

Caledon Ken, Apr 21, 2018
  13. Edge browser Corruption

It very well will change those tweaks.

Hopefully yo haven't made two many.

That said 1803 going to change them too so they need to be documented.

Another option is abandon Edge. Not what you want but one possibility. Firefox is looking good. My daily drive is Chrome but I recently had a run in with bookmarks that I wasn't happy about.

There are so many good browser these days one may suit your preferences.

1803 is out, if you click check for updates you will see it almost immediately so those tweaks are in jeopardy.

Caledon Ken, Apr 30, 2018
  14. I deferred 1709 for a year for that very reason, not to mention it caused me a lot of instabililty problems when it first installed. Anniversary update deja vu all over again.

How do you like 1803?

Firefox is my browser of choice. I actually loathe Edge (and Chrome). The only reason I want it to work is for those once in a while occasions where a website is giving Firefox a hard time, or utilize MIcrosoft Update Catalog, etc. It's already built in, unlike Chrome, so I may as well use it. Couldn't hurt.

kitpzyxmsir, May 1, 2018
  15. Just experimenting with 1803, it is not on daily drive.

I have a reoccurring fault, set defaults by app fails on three of the four devices I upgraded. The one it works on was clean installed.

Looking at the threads we need a patch or two for 1803. Unfortunately this is the software world today. Apple launches OS and immediately falls into patching, Intel put out stuff several months back and immediately said opps, I use and recommend Macrium, got a patch last week followed by two quick patches.

To many variables.

Caledon Ken, May 1, 2018
Thema:

Edge browser Corruption

1. Edge browser Corruption - Similar Threads - Edge browser Corruption

2. Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Browser: Many answers have been given regarding Edge closing down unexpectedly. My problem is an odd variation of that problem, in that it rarely closes unexpectedly, and yet frequently when I open the browser I get a pop-up message saying it was closed down unexpectedly, and asks me...
  3. Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Browser: Many answers have been given regarding Edge closing down unexpectedly. My problem is an odd variation of that problem, in that it rarely closes unexpectedly, and yet frequently when I open the browser I get a pop-up message saying it was closed down unexpectedly, and asks me...
  4. Edge browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge browser: In comparison with other browsers like chrome, firefox...your browser is very very slow. Interestingly its fine on android but on pcs literally testing patience. Tested clearing browsing history....still no luck. Why should I use it at all...
  5. edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    edge browser: Hi is their a way to put a menu bar like on internet explorer? the reason why is when using internet explorer you can click on file-send- link by email can not seem to find that option with edge. EDIT: i should of said this is on a win 7 work computer i use 160084
  6. Edge Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Browser: I only have edge browser on my laptops and recently updated to the new chromium version which I think is really good however each time I re-start my laptops it reverts back to the old edge as my default browser, which I can't understand as I have it set as default but always...
  7. Windows 10 - Edge browser corruption after drag

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 - Edge browser corruption after drag: [img] This happens with the Edge browser when I try to enlarge the window by dragging. This has happened for as long as I can remember. I have had windows 10 from Beta and through all updates and it has happened with Edge as long as I can remember. My graphics drivers are...
  8. edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    edge browser: hi all,I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 a while ago.I can get the start menu ok but cant get the edge browser or cortona.When I click on edge it comes on for a few seconds then leaves the screen.Anybody got any ideas why?Your help would be very much appreciated....
  9. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: I have been playing around with the Edge Browser having removed IE 11. I have found that if you bring the web page up you want like Face Book (social) Outlook.com (mail) Youtube (Entertainment) Google (Browser) Right click and add them to the Favourites Bar, They...
  10. Edge Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Browser: How do I download & install the Edge Browser? 5765

Users found this page by searching for:

1. browser corruption