Windows 10: EDGE browser - Windows 10 Pro - FAVORITES folder

Discus and support EDGE browser - Windows 10 Pro - FAVORITES folder in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; WINDOWS 10 PRO: Pursuant to the tutorial in Ten Forums, the FAVORITES folder in the EDGE browser is stored in the DataStore folder. Is that correct? Is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by RAD, Jan 20, 2016.

1. RAD
    RAD Win User

EDGE browser - Windows 10 Pro - FAVORITES folder

WINDOWS 10 PRO: Pursuant to the tutorial in Ten Forums, the FAVORITES folder in the EDGE browser is stored in the DataStore folder. Is that correct? Is the tutorial correct? My check of the folder indicates the tutorial was correct. .

:)

2. I am not able to open favorites folder or sub folders under it in EDGE browser

Hi Rodney,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kindly follow the below steps to navigate the Microsoft EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

• Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the following path: (Press
      Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer)

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

Note: username represent the user account name which you have currently signed in to the Windows 10.

• Here you will be able to locate the EDGE browser’s Favorites folder location.

• Check whether you are able to locate the favorites which you have created in EDGE browser.
    Note: To back up your favorites in Edge browser, simply copy-paste this Favorites folder to a safe location. To restore favorites, copy and paste your Favorites folder back in the location suggested under
    the step 1.

I hope the above information helps you to locate the EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 20, 2016
  3. Eric_999 Win User
    Favorites How do I find my favorites in Edge

While browsing another thread, I found the answer to my previous question. Including it here in case others are searching for the location where favorites are stored.

Kindly, follow the below steps to navigate the Microsoft EDGE browser’s favorites folder location.

• Open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the following path:
    (Press Windows + E keys on the keyboard to open File Explorer).

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default

Note: username represent the user account name which you have currently signed in to the Windows 10.

• Here you will be able to locate the EDGE browser’s Favorites folder location.
    • Check whether you are able to locate the favorites which you have created in EDGE browser.
    Note: To back up your favorites in Edge browser, simply copy-paste this Favorites folder to a safe location. To restore favorites, copy and paste your Favorites folder back in the location suggested.

Eric_999, Jan 20, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 20, 2016
  5. RAD
    RAD Win User
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Formal response for:

Brink (MVP, Administrator):

Thank you for the timely response. I documented, and utilized, and memorialized, the information in both tutorials you listed pertaining to the Microsoft Edge browser and the Favorites folder.

QUESTION: When I use the copy and paste procedure for the DataStore folder (move the DataStore folder to another machine (Surface Pro 3 – hereafter, “SP3”)), the folders in the my Favorites folder pertaining to the “SP3” were deleted and removed. Subsequently, I obtained the standard menu to import my Favorites folders from the older version of Favorites in reference to Internet Explorer. I had already used this procedure, and repeated the procedure, since the folders in my Favorites were deleted and removed when I did a copy and paste for the DataStore folder. I also did a copy and paste of the Spartan.edb file, and received the deleted and removed mode pertaining to my folders in Favorites for the “SP3.” Am I using the correct procedure? Are the folders hidden in the HUB and the Favorites folder? Would you please try a copy and paste procedure pertaining to the DataStore folder, and move the DataStore folder to another machine and see if you get the same results?

Thank you for your cooperation and assistance on this matter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 21, 2016
  7. RAD
    RAD Win User
    DATE: JANUARY 23, 2016 TIME: 1:09 p.m. (-500 UTC)

REPLY 3

Brink (MVP, Administrator):

Pursuant to your REPLY 2 on January 22, 2016, the “.bat” file worked fine and removed the Favorites folder and the Favorites bar, as expected. NOTE: I had already tried this procedure (removal of the Favorites folder, and Favorites bar). However, the same problem still exist, specifically, the Favorites folders will not populate in the HUB for the Edge browser when the DataStore folder is copies to the Default folder location. You used the word “should,” but you did not indicate if you had the same problem. Please try the procedure and indicate if you have the same problem. If someone knows computers and performs backups, then I would surmise many other users are having the same problem, if they really know computers! I am not speaking of the digital-morons that cannot read and write and know the difference between a bit and a byte. This website is the Windows Forums genre.

Thank you for your cooperation and assistance on this matter.

8. Brink
    Brink New Member

RAD,

I just tested restoring the Edge favorites backup to another PC, and it works just fine for me.

Here are the steps I used:

1) I backed up my Microsoft Edge favorites on my desktop PC.

2) I turned off syncing favorites in Microsoft Edge on my laptop.

3) I reset and cleared favorites in Microsoft Edge on my laptop.

4) I restore the back up from my desktop to my laptop.

5) I opened Microsoft Edge on my laptop, and opened Favorites in the Hub. They were there.

Brink, Jan 22, 2016
  9. RAD
    RAD Win User
    OK - Hard to believe that it worked properly for you and my machines will not accomplish the task. Such is life in the cyber world! I have a backup: Open the website in EDGE and then use Internet Explorer and save in the old Favorites - It worked.

Even when I import the old Favorites folders, the files are moved or missing. The programmers need to work on the source code!

My Surface Pro 3 is having problems, but I just read where Paul Thurrott (January 22, 2016 issue) is documenting the same problems I am having, along with many other users. Microsoft needs to address this issue before disaster strikes. Of course, the browser needs more source code to correct the various problems. The Surface Pro 3 problem occurs when one is on battery power. Pass this email on to Satya Nadella. The source code needs to be examined and filtered.

Time and money! I'll just use the Internet Explorer for my backup.

Thank you again.

Thema:

1. EDGE browser - Windows 10 Pro - FAVORITES folder - Similar Threads - EDGE browser Pro

2. Favorites crashes Edge Browser when selected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favorites crashes Edge Browser when selected: Recently, Favorites crashes Edge Browser every time when selected from the Upper Right corner ... Asks to restoreI pinned my favorites to a toolbar and it is working as expected.Unable to correct.Have rebooted, cleared history, have newest win 10 version 21h1Any additional...
  3. How to manage Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to manage Favorites in Microsoft Edge browser: Having a place where you can save websites and links that are frequently visited by you is a feature present across browsers running on all Operating Systems. This functionality may be named differently but works in a similar capacity most of the time; you find a link to be...
  4. How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge

in Browsers and Email
    How to Import Favorites from Windows 10 Favorites folder to Edge: When I try to import Favorites from Windows Favorites folder, by going to Edge Settings > Import or Export > Import from file. Then select: C drive > Users > User name > Favorites folder. It only shows the URL short cuts in the Favorites sub-folder, with no way to select...
  5. Favorites deleted from edge browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Favorites deleted from edge browser: HI, I updated windows 10 to the latest release and my favorites were deleted from edge.Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-deleted-from-edge-browser/5e10b64b-b8eb-4b55-b14d-383405f1e42c"
  6. Windows 10 edge favorites

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 edge favorites: My drop down favorites has populated to the home screen as a favorites bar? I went to the more/settings option and the show favorites is off? Any suggestion on how to remove the Favorites bar from my home screen? 113898
  7. Windows 10 edge favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 edge favorites: My drop down favorites has populated to the home screen as a favorites bar? I went to the more/settings option and the show favorites is off? Any suggestion on how to remove the Favorites bar from my home screen? 113898
  8. Sorting favorites in thr Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    Sorting favorites in thr Edge browser: I have just thoroughly mixed up the favourites in Edge and as I have about 200 to choose from, it's going to take ages to remember where to find them. The idea was to either have them in alphabetical order, or to have the dozen or so most used at the top. I had only moved one...
  9. How to export favorites from Edge browser

in Browsers and Email
    How to export favorites from Edge browser: After the "November update" to Windows 10, the Edge browser no longer uses a folder structure to store favorites. Instead, it now uses an Extensible Storage Engine (ESE) database. So, that means you can no longer just do a copy-n-paste in an attempt to export your favorites....
  10. Managing favorites in edge browser?

in Browsers and Email
    Managing favorites in edge browser?: How do I manage my favorites in the new Edge browser? I accidently moved a favorites folder into another favorites folder & I don't know how to get the folder out of the other folder? Thanks 12466

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 pro favorite folder

2. transformer spartan.edb en htm