Windows 10: Edge closes almost immediatliy after start

Discus and support Edge closes almost immediatliy after start in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Now Edge is not a browser I intend to use full time but was asked to try Netflix in it to figure out another problem, see my Netflix thread on that... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by wjbodin3, Nov 24, 2015.

1. wjbodin3 Win User

Edge closes almost immediatliy after start

Now Edge is not a browser I intend to use full time but was asked to try Netflix in it to figure out another problem, see my Netflix thread on that one.

Every time I go to open edge I get the blue window to come up and then everything for it closes down. Looking at task manager while this happens I see it jump from open app to background process to then fully closed, nothing listed in task manager.

Once in a while it stays open long enough that I can see the address bar and other of its UI elements start to render before it vanishes.

Started new thread because I could not find any that seemed to just deal with this problem since the November update.
    Sorry if I missed one that would have been better to have used.

:)

wjbodin3, Nov 24, 2015

2. Lumina 950 on ATT

I recently purchased my 950 from ATT. Whenever I open up Edge after it being closed completely, I notice the Address start with an ATT website then switch to Google. It opens almost like a homepage, but I can not find any setting for a default web site
    when opening Edge. If I wanted to use Google, I would have purchased an Android device. How can I get rid of Google opening up on Edge by default?

Mark Stenseth, Nov 24, 2015
  3. I cannot close Windows Edge without going to Task Manager.

Original title : Windows Edge.

I cannot close Windows Edge without going to Task Manager. Click on 'X' top right corner of window and Edge does not close. Just started to happen after KB3144756 update. John

JohnWMolloy_, Nov 24, 2015
  4. simrick Win User

simrick, Nov 24, 2015
  5. wjbodin3 Win User
    I have .14 and the slideshow works though it does work differently then the desktop background one, though its the same files, working more like a screen saver which I can deal with. Nothing yet on why it goes to lock screen overnight or after extended period of me not using computer. It is not based on processor usage as I run Boinc in the background with 2 projects so the processor and GPU is always in use.

wjbodin3, Nov 24, 2015
  6. simrick Win User
    Yeah, that is strange. Have you run system file checker recently just to check things out?

simrick, Nov 24, 2015
  7. wjbodin3 Win User
    No issues with SFC

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
    Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

wjbodin3, Nov 24, 2015
  8. simrick Win User

Okay....did the reset to Edge do anything?

simrick, Nov 24, 2015
  9. wjbodin3 Win User
    Same as it has been, wish I could say for sure when this issue started as prior to last night the only time I opened edge was when 10 first came out just to see what it was like. If it was not for Netflix not working I would not have even tried it last night.

Though honestly I care more about Netflix then Edge.

wjbodin3, Nov 24, 2015
  10. simrick Win User
    Well, you could try a Refresh. You'd need the W10 10586.14 ISO to do it. You can get it through the Media Creation Tool now - I understand MS put it back up today.
    Refresh Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Honestly, it doesn't make sense that you would need to do this, since the system file checker didn't find anything, but it's worth a try. Keep in mind you will have to reinstall any applications that you put on the system. Sorry I can't be of more help.

simrick, Nov 24, 2015
  11. wjbodin3 Win User
    Edge is not worth it for me to go through all the trouble of reinstalling all the software that I am running. As long as it is not an indicator of a larger problem and so far no other non desktop apps besides Netflix, which run just will not log in for me, have has issues. At least that I have tried there is only 3 or 4 that I use and most of them just live tiles is enough

wjbodin3, Nov 24, 2015
  12. simrick Win User
    Yeah, I know what you mean. I heard there is a cumulative update coming through today to fix some of these settings issues - do you know if you got that? Just a thought. I don't think I would want to reinstall all my programs either, to be honest. And, without extension support, Edge is not my first choice either right now.

simrick, Nov 24, 2015
  13. just1me Win User

I experience a blue screen when I open Edge to, but its just for a second or two then it goes right to the homepage and I am able to use the browser as normal, but if I close it and reopen it same thing happens again a quick blue screen then the browser opens. It just started happening recently for me the last couple days I've noticed right after an update. never a problem before. I thought it may have been another issue and so I checked for a virus or malware and my laptop came up clean, I also did an sfc check and again checked out fine. Weird thing is it also happens when I open the settings menu, quick blue screen for a second or so then normal. I read somewhere it can be gpu related im not sure, but I read latest windows 10 updates were causing issues with some amd graphics which I have.

just1me, Nov 25, 2015
  14. wjbodin3 Win User
    The blue screen I am assuming is just the apps load screen most aps have them usually with the apps logo on them, both MS made ones and 3rd party apps like Vevo stand out because its happens to be red.

wjbodin3, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge closes almost immediatliy after start - Similar Threads - Edge closes almost

2. bsod after closing microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod after closing microsoft edge: I updated my OS to Win 11 a few days ago, and recently I have been getting blue screens right after I close Microsoft Edge, and all the blue screens said the stop code was ntoskrnl.exe. I tried using PC repair tools and other things I found on youtube but none of them worked....
  3. bsod after closing microsoft edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bsod after closing microsoft edge: I updated my OS to Win 11 a few days ago, and recently I have been getting blue screens right after I close Microsoft Edge, and all the blue screens said the stop code was ntoskrnl.exe. I tried using PC repair tools and other things I found on youtube but none of them worked....
  4. edge closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    edge closing: Edge closing unexpectedly and there is a Restore button. When I push it, it goes away. Its kind of annoying and I dont want it that way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-closing/9b27d03c-861f-4fe2-917c-3775a451244e
  5. edge closing

edge closing: Edge closing unexpectedly and there is a Restore button. When I push it, it goes away. Its kind of annoying and I dont want it that way. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-closing/9b27d03c-861f-4fe2-917c-3775a451244e
  6. Edge started randomly crashing/closing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge started randomly crashing/closing: So today my Edge browser randomly stopped working. No idea why. Every time I open it and try to use it, it just randomly crashes and closes. I haven't changed anything or done anything differently with my PC. Makes no sense. I have the new Edge browser. submitted by...
  7. Google Chrome closes after start?

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome closes after start?: Hello... I downloaded Chrome, and it closes the minute you open it. I restarted my pc, reinstalled Chrome, but it doesn't work :( However, when I open the Task Manager, 6 tabs are displayed very briefly... Ask for help! I am at the end ;€ Google Chrome schließt nach Start?
  8. Edge Closes after opening

Edge Closes after opening: I've followed many suggestions to get this resolved,including: Cleaned the Apps cache etc using CCleaner Reset the App Repaired the App Removed all Extensions Reinstalled Edge using Powershell Manually removed %APPDATA%...... folders for the Edge app to reset the app...
  9. Windows10 stutter on idle after edge closed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows10 stutter on idle after edge closed: Hello guys. I am running into a weird issue on windows 10 1803. I own asus b250m-k motherboard and used it with integrated graphics hd530 on i7 6700k cpu earlier, and everything was working as expected till i install a new nvidia gtx1070 graphic card. Afrer installing the...
  10. Edge not closing

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not closing: I have windows 10 professional. Microsoft Edge is not closing properly. I press x and nothing happens. I have to use task manager to close edge. I can browse pages and some functions work. others dont, like i cannot open a new window and No history is being saved either....