Windows 10: Edge Doesn't Always Ask to Save Password

Discus and support Edge Doesn't Always Ask to Save Password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On some websites that I need to log into, Edge does not always ask me if I want to save my password? It works most of the time and does ask, but there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bob and SueHeckendorf, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Edge Doesn't Always Ask to Save Password

On some websites that I need to log into, Edge does not always ask me if I want to save my password? It works most of the time and does ask, but there are several sites that I frequent where I always have to manually insert my user name and password...would be so much easier if Edge would remember it. Is there a way to "force" Edge to remember this information?

Thanks for any input you may have!

:)

Bob and SueHeckendorf, Oct 14, 2018

2. Mircosoft edge not saving passwords

Hi,

If you are willing to save password on Edge then you may try the steps provided below and see if it helps.

When you visit a website that requires you to sign in, Microsoft Edge will ask if you want your user name and password remembered. The next time you visit the site, Microsoft Edge will finish filling in your account info. Password saving is on by default,
    but here's how to turn it on or off:

• In the Microsoft Edge browser, select More actions (...)
      > Settings > View Advanced Settings.

• Turn Offer to save passwords to On.
    For ore clarification you may refer to the article mentioned below.

Remember passwords in Microsoft Edge

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Turn On or Off Offer to Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge

I just finished some testing, and when you say "No" to saving password for a site, it will add the site to the "Manage passwords" list.

Deleting the site from the list will normally have Microsoft Edge ask you to save the password again afterwards.

If you haven't already, double check the list to make sure all instances of the site has been deleted, or delete all saved passwords to start fresh.

Microsoft Edge Saved Passwords - Manage in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Edge Doesn't Always Ask to Save Password

edge ask to save some passwords and not others, can not manually save them

Hello Jim,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue. I would like to assist you further from here.

Usually, when you visit a website that requires you to sign in, Microsoft Edge will ask if you want your username and password remembered. The next time you visit the site, Microsoft Edge will finish filling in your account info. Password saving is on by
    default, but here’s how to turn it on or off. However, if it does not apply, refer to the below possible scenarios under which a browser would refuse to memorize/read passwords.

• The login form was submitted using JavaScript.
    • You previously said "No" when prompted to save your password for this username on
      this page.
    • The Administrator disabled AutoComplete in your browser using Group Policy.
    • The login form was created by JavaScript using the createElement API.
    • You didn't type any letters in the Username box (using drag/drop or copy/paste instead).

Before any further troubleshooting, try the Internet Explorer to see if the current issue is browser related or related to the privacy settings of a website.

If the above aren't applicable for the websites you are referring to, I would suggest you to follow the below steps and reset all the web forms and passwords saved in Microsoft Edge and then start afresh.

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click on the Hub icon (three horizontal lines at top bar) and then click History Icon.
    • Now select “Cookies and saved website data”, "Password", Form Data" and “Cached data and files” and click
      Clear.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Edge Doesn't Always Ask to Save Password

1. Edge Doesn't Always Ask to Save Password - Similar Threads - Edge Doesn't Always

2. ALWAYS asks for username and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALWAYS asks for username and password: I have installed Windows 11 fresh. I turned on SMB V1 in programs and features and to some degree see shares, but not normally. If I try to access the c$ it prompts me for a username and password. Even if I turn off the firewall and Defender, it will still ask me for a...
  3. ALWAYS asks for username and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALWAYS asks for username and password: I have installed Windows 11 fresh. I turned on SMB V1 in programs and features and to some degree see shares, but not normally. If I try to access the c$ it prompts me for a username and password. Even if I turn off the firewall and Defender, it will still ask me for a...
  4. MS Edge saved passwords.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Edge saved passwords.: My saved passwords/email addresses do not appear in a dropdown list when I click the email box.If I then insert one letter it lists only the email addresses starting with that letter including the passwords.Two identical PCs and this has only appeared on one PC a couple of...
  5. Edge won't save Passwords.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge won't save Passwords.: Hi all, I prefer using MS Edge to using chrome but because MS Edge will not save passwords I counting to use chrome. I have a laptop and pad both running MS windows 10 and edge and with no problems, it's only my main PC that will not save passwords I have all the same...
  6. After password reset I am always asked for password when saving to OneDrive

After password reset I am always asked for password when saving to OneDrive: Windows 10 Pro, One Drive, MS Office 2016 I changed my password, but when I save MS Office documents to OneDrive, I am always asked to enter my password. Only saving, not opening. And only MS documents, not Adobe, Autodesk, or any other company. I'm not sure of what other...
  7. always ask password

always ask password: please tell me what to do in order to disable the password from sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/always-ask-password/f5a78340-5969-4209-bb88-930f57e9aaed"
  8. Outlook always asks for a password...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook always asks for a password...: hi guys, i know this problem exists for years already, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013. I tried everything, like deleting the credential in Credential Manager. Recreating the user account does not help, tried that, problem comes back. So this must have...
  9. Saving Passwords - Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Saving Passwords - Edge: Why is Edge saving site passwords on some, but not others. I have to keep signing into my email, this site, facebook, and yet it saves others. I may as well go back to vivaldi 103215
  10. Location of Edge saved passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Location of Edge saved passwords: Does anyone here know where the names and passwords are stored for saved credentials? I assume they're encoded or encrypted, but are they in a registry entry or a file somewhere? I understand how to manage them, just looking for the location *Smile Thanks in advance!...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. EDGE doesnt ask to