Windows 10: Manage Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Discus and support Manage Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Manage Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Manage your Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Manage Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to: Manage Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to Manage your Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

When you visit a website that requires you to sign in, Microsoft Edge will ask if you want your user name and password remembered. The next time you visit the site, Microsoft Edge will finish filling in your account info.

Starting with Windows 10 build 17074, Microsoft Edge now provides an option to never save password for certain sites. When you choose to never save passwords, you shall never be prompted with a save password notification for that site.

This tutorial will show you how to change or delete previously saved passwords in Microsoft Edge for your account in Windows 10.

*note Turning off the offer to save passwords does not delete previously saved passwords in your Microsoft Edge.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Delete All Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge
    • Option Two: To Delete Specific Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge
    • Option Three: To Change Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge
    • Option Four: Remove Site from Never Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge

EXAMPLE: Offer to Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge

Manage Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] To Delete All Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge
    1. Clear your browsing data with Passwords checked. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] To Delete Specific Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge
    1. Open the Microsoft Edge app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+X) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Passwords & autofill on the left side, and click/tap on the Manage passwords button under Passwords on the right side. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the X for any listed website that you want to delete saved passwords for. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] To Change Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge

2. Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+X) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3. Click/tap on Passwords & autofill on the left side, and click/tap on the Manage passwords button under Passwords on the right side. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on a listed website that you want to change the saved password for. (see screenshot below)

5. Make any needed changes to your saved username and/or password for the website, and click/tap on Save to apply. (see screenshot below)

OPTION FOUR [/i] Remove Site from Never Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge

*note This option is only available starting with Windows 10 build 17074.

When you choose Never whenever prompted with a save password notification for a site, that site will be added to your Never saved list so you will never again be prompted with a save password notification for that site.

If you remove a site from the Never saved list, you can now be prompted with a save password notification for that site again.

4. In the Never saved list, hover the pointer over for the site you want to remove from this list, and click/tap on the X to the right of this site. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 12, 2016
  2. Brink Win User

Turn On or Off Offer to Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge

I just finished some testing, and when you say "No" to saving password for a site, it will add the site to the "Manage passwords" list.

Deleting the site from the list will normally have Microsoft Edge ask you to save the password again afterwards.

If you haven't already, double check the list to make sure all instances of the site has been deleted, or delete all saved passwords to start fresh.

Microsoft Edge Saved Passwords - Manage in Windows 10

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Microsoft Edge Password Manager

Hi, considering just the password issue..

First,let's check 'offer to save passwords' is on - from what you say, you should be seeing this:

Note that you should also turn on the “Save form entries” option as well.
    How Microsoft Edges Password Manager Works - Edge Talk

The bar at the foot of the browser offering to save the password only appears when you click 'Login' (or equivalent).
    What happens when you click 'Login' having filled the credential fields?

For reference (I'm assuming you've done all this):
    Microsoft Edge Offer to Save Passwords - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    (I'm betting you've done all the above, but not heard of difficulties with this ...yet.)

dalchina, Oct 26, 2019
  4. davidhk Win User

Microsoft Edge Password Manager

Thank you.
    I don't use Edge, but you have provided a good source of information that is worthwhile to keep on file.

davidhk, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Windows 10: Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer do not save passwords

I've just done a complete re-installation of Windows 10. Windows carried over my IE/Edge histories and such, but not passwords.

Using Edge, I found it did not save passwords on web sites. The options are set to save passwords; it simply doesn't do so. It did not even ask if I wanted to save passwords. Checking the manage passwords option, no passwords are present. (This is
    not an issue with non-Microsoft browsers. It was not an issue several years ago when I'd saved several passwords using Microsoft browsers with Windows 10. This is also not a case of sites being set to not save passwords, as nothing at all is in the Manage
    Passwords panel.)

I switched to Internet Explorer, for the same results. IE will not even ask to save passwords for any site.

I went to the Credentials Manager. The Credentials Manager says that no web passwords have been saved.

I did a web search. I found this problem has been widely reported for the last two years, and that Microsoft has never fixed it nor apparently given a satisfactory solution. Some Microsoft personnel have tried to help, but they've only given the same rote
    non-answers such as to turn on password saving (even though it is already on). Even this answers forum has a number of locked threads about the topic (with an even greater number of "I have the same question" counts), none that I've seen having resolved it.
    Mostly it seems people just give up and stop using Edge.

Checking other (non-Microsoft) solutions, one site suggested manually forcing credentials through an admin-level Key Manager (rundll32.exe keymgr.dll,KRShowKeyMgr). Even though I'd checked the radio button to enter the new key as a web password, the Credentials
    Manager showed Windows added as a Windows Credential instead of a Web Credential. Still doesn't work.

There are some other user solutions that people claim work, but they appear to rely on already having the password saved through Internet Explorer, making them not an actual solution.

One user suggested going to Edge's Settings > Advanced Settings > Manage Passwords and adding the information there, but Manage Passwords lists no web sites and has no "Add" button. Manage Form Entries and Manage Cards have "Add" button, but neither Manage
    Passwords nor Manage Permissions has an "Add" button. I cannot manually force a web site password through Edge.

BillyBissette, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Manage Saved Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Manage Saved Passwords

2. Microsoft Edge keeps deleting saved passwords

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge keeps deleting saved passwords: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge is one of the best web browsers for Windows users. It comes with some unique features that you will not find in other web browsers, like Math Solver, Vertical Tabs, etc. If you are a Microsoft Edge user, you probably know that Edge lets you save...
  3. Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge not Saving Passwords Credential manager is running, save passwords is checked to...: After the latest updates, Edge is not saving passwords. This occurred a couple of times last year after updates - occurred again after the updates in Jan-Feb 2021. NOT GOOD. I have checked Credential Manager - it is running, I have gone to "save Passwords" in settings -...
  4. Microsoft Edge will NOT offer to save my Passwords.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge will NOT offer to save my Passwords.: New install - everything turned ON to Offer to Save Password. It isn't site specific. History/cache all cleared. Nuked back to Restore Settings. Nothing in other threads works - what is the problem with this Browser?...
  5. Microsoft Edge Access to Saved Passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Edge Access to Saved Passwords: These are the hoops one goes through to view saved passwords using Edge: Settings>Passwords and Autofill>Manage Passwords>Select website. To see what's hidden by dots, go to Control Panel>User Accounts>Manage Web Credentials. Then select the same website and to view the...
  6. manage-view-saved-passwords-microsoft edge

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    manage-view-saved-passwords-microsoft edge: Plz help for manage-view-saved-passwords-Microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-view-saved-passwords-microsoft-edge/990bd62b-b81e-4bab-b9aa-88a42ab6d38c"
  7. Microsoft Edge won't save passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge won't save passwords: Hi, I have a problem with Microsoft Edge. It won't save my passwords on sites, nor it will ask me to save passwords on sites. I have quite a few that were save previously with Windows 7, but obviously, not all of them have transferred to Windows 10. I have been to Settings,...
  8. Microsoft Edge Password Manager

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Password Manager: Hi, I have just upgraded to Windows Ten and very impressed so far. I also really like Edge, but have a few issues which hopefully I can get help with. 1. The password manager does not work and neither does the autocomplete forms. They are both turned on in advanced...
  9. Saving Passwords - Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Saving Passwords - Edge: Why is Edge saving site passwords on some, but not others. I have to keep signing into my email, this site, facebook, and yet it saves others. I may as well go back to vivaldi 103215
  10. Enable or Disable Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Save Passwords in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Manage Passwords In Edge