Windows 10: Edge has stopped remembering previous download location

Discus and support Edge has stopped remembering previous download location in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi I have noticed since recent updates that Edge will no longer remember the recent download location after one has navigated away from the default... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by snoman, Nov 8, 2019.

1. snoman Win User

Edge has stopped remembering previous download location

Hi

I have noticed since recent updates that Edge will no longer remember the recent download location after one has navigated away from the default Downloads folder and one wishes to add more files to the chosen folder. Edge now continues to default to the Download folder. Previously it would remember the previous download location until it was changed manually or the cache was cleared.

I am fully aware of the ability to permanently choose a seperate folder option. This is not suitable for my needs.

W10 Pro V. 1903 18362.418

Cheers
    SM

:)

snoman, Nov 8, 2019

2. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 8, 2019
  3. applications do not remember previous save locations

Hi Clifferton,

Based on the details that you have provided, there is a way for you to determine whether the save location issue is program-related or due to the Windows 10 upgrade. To help you isolate it, we suggest testing other programs or apps and see if the previous
    save location shows when saving files. If the issue only happens with a specific program, then we encourage you contact the manufacturer for better guidance about their product.

If the the issue also happens to other programs or apps, we would appreciate if you can provide us additional details to help us provide the appropriate solution: Kindly answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Aside from upgrading, have you also made any recent changes to your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Edge has stopped remembering previous download location

Edge won't remember Gmail passwords

Hi Ujjal,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you a question:

• Did you check the option “Remember the password” option at the sign in page?

I suggest you clear the Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue.

To do so perform the steps below.

• Open Edge browser and click on the More actions icon i.e.“” located on the top right corner of the window.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files
      and click on Clear.
    • Close the browser and login to Gmail account and check if the issue is resolved.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Edge has stopped remembering previous download location

1. Edge has stopped remembering previous download location - Similar Threads - Edge has stopped

2. Edge will not change the download location.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge will not change the download location.: I have tried everything. Changed the Edge settings. Modified the registry. Changed file explorer. Reset Edge to original settings. Downloads continue to go to file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/MicrosoftEdgeDownloads I have changed this several times. I check the...
  3. Edge will not change the download location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge will not change the download location.: I have tried everything. Changed the Edge settings. Modified the registry. Changed file explorer. Reset Edge to original settings. Downloads continue to go to file:///C:/Users/Michael/AppData/Local/Temp/MicrosoftEdgeDownloads I have changed this several times. I check the...
  4. Edge will not change the download location.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Edge's flyout menus will remember if they were previously pinned or unpinned.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge's flyout menus will remember if they were previously pinned or unpinned.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/n2lgx7/edges_flyout_menus_will_remember_if_they_were/
  6. EDGE why has it stopped remembering user names and passwords

in Windows 10 Customization
    EDGE why has it stopped remembering user names and passwords: Over the last couple of days EDGE will not save user names or passwords, the prompt comes up to say do you want to save, but then it forgets them. Doing my head in...
  7. Windows not remembering previous positions and leaving gaps between the edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not remembering previous positions and leaving gaps between the edge.: [ATTACH] I drag the window (software) to the edge to snap-fill on the left. I close the software. I re-open the software. There is a visible gap between the edge of the screen and the software window. I've tried ShellFolderFix, I've tried right-clicking the window and...
  8. asking download location for each download in edge

in Browsers and Email
    asking download location for each download in edge: I use Microsoft edge for most of my work. I download files many times from the internet we all do. Now the problem is each time I need to save files in different different locations. In my settings inside edge here is how they look [img] screenshot of chrome [img] is...
  9. Edge: Default Download Location?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: Default Download Location?: How do I change the Default Download Location in Edge? 10084
  10. Edge on secondary monitor, doesn't remember location

in Browsers and Email
    Edge on secondary monitor, doesn't remember location: Apologies if this has already been covered but I couldn't find a thread ... I'm using Edge and am generally OK with it as an in-development browser. However I tend to keep my browser on my secondary monitor; but every time I open Edge it has forgotten that preference,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge download remember last location