Windows 10: Edge is an utter mess for me

Discus and support Edge is an utter mess for me in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just did a clean install of Windows with the Fall Creator Update because I had all types of weird Edge issues such as right clicking a link and not... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sygnus21, Oct 27, 2017.

1. sygnus21 Win User

Edge is an utter mess for me

Just did a clean install of Windows with the Fall Creator Update because I had all types of weird Edge issues such as right clicking a link and not being able to copy it, performance issues where a page might freeze or an inability to upload images from my PC to places like here or even dpreview.com.

Anyway these and other weird issues caused me to do a clean install. Not only did the issues not go away they seemed to have gotten worse as I now get constant page not respondong issues, especially when doing a search in either Bing or Google.

See My Computer for system specs.

:)

sygnus21, Oct 27, 2017
  2. paris27 Win User

WOW...... MS Edge is an useless mess

Edge doesn't work at all on my computer. Chrome works just fine. I open Edge and it say hmm can't find page; details say
    There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page.

Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

At the same time google chrome has NO problems.

How is this a thing?????

paris27, Oct 27, 2017
  3. WOW...... MS Edge is an useless mess

So I just spent the last 3 hours trying to figure out Microsoft Edge after upgrading my OS to Windows 10.

This is the buggiest thing to ever come out of MS in the last 20 years.

1) Clicking the new tab icon crashes the web browser

2) Trying to use hotmail crashes the web browser

3) Trying to change my home page crashes the web browser

4) Trying to add webpage to my favorites bar crashes the web browser

5) When trying to type something into a search bar the web browser starts entering phantom key strokes.

6) And no way to put menus on my tool bar.

I have googled and tried to apply all of the suggested fixes to these problems and have come up empty handed and is seems everyone is having the same issues. This new web browser is a completely un-usable mess.

Seriously MS......... did you outsource this entire project to a third world country??????

ScrewedThePooch, Oct 27, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

After you did your clean install did you go directly to MS and download the 2 cumulative updates for it?

Plankton, Oct 27, 2017
  5. Cliff S New Member
    You might want to nuke everything in Edge(export your bookmarks first)

Edge is an utter mess for me [​IMG]

• Turn off all syncing to do with Edge.
    • Delete all history, cookies , cache, bookmarks... everything.
    • Then Re-import your bookmarks, and leave syncing off.
    It looks like you have some sort of database corruption that comes with syncing.
    I have had this with Edge and Windows theming.

Edge is an utter mess for me [​IMG]

Cliff S, Oct 27, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
  7. sygnus21 Win User
    Thanks guys, I'll give those a try but just so you know, I just did another clean install thinking the first one got hosed. Same exact issues with Edge - lots of page not responding. Have to use IE for now just to get driver downloads. Edge is completely unusable.

Oddly on my laptop no such issues.

Anyway I'll play with those Edge setting and see what gives.

sygnus21, Oct 27, 2017
  8. sygnus21 Win User

Nothing worked - still the same mess *Mad

Looks like I'm going to be forced back to IE or Chrome until this mess gets sorted. What a bunch of crap. Edge was working better before the clean install *Shock

sygnus21, Oct 28, 2017
  9. sygnus21 Win User
    I might have solved my issue with fix #2 (Way 2) here - Fix Microsoft Edge Not Working on Windows 10 Creators Update.

It mainly involves deleting this folder and all its contents - "Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe", than reinstalling with this command in Powershell (Admin) - Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}

Did that and now no more issues. The test for me is this post without a single crash. Also being able to navigate the web without getting page not responding notices or freezes. I'll give it a day before marking solved.

sygnus21, Oct 28, 2017
  10. sygnus21 Win User
    Seems my issues reappeared after fixing it with the above and then enabling syncing favorites. Anyway running the Get-AppXPackage again, and disabling Sync solved it again. Seems I can't enable Sync on my desktop without Edge throwing a fit.

sygnus21, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge is an utter mess for me - Similar Threads - Edge utter mess

2. microsoft edge messed laptop up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge messed laptop up: when i use microsoft edge, the top of the window will flicker green. then if i use it for a while more, the entire laptop screen flickers and the fan goes very fast...
  3. microsoft edge messed laptop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge messed laptop up: when i use microsoft edge, the top of the window will flicker green. then if i use it for a while more, the entire laptop screen flickers and the fan goes very fast...
  4. Utterances about Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Utterances about Updates: Utterances on UpdatesTrying to be alliterative, not sure I succeeded Thought I'd bore you for a while about Updates From an almost quote by Jimi Hendrix.ALWAYS stay absolutely current Meaning withOUT delaysI will talk about what is/was and what will be.Windows tries to...
  5. Windows is messing up on me

in Cortana
    Windows is messing up on me: So whenever I go to open search bar, or notifications, or even look something up in my files it will flicker for a millisecond and close. And I don't know what to do about it. when I'm in safe mode it works but when I'm not it doesn't...
  6. Edge update mess

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Edge update mess: Is there anyway to "undo" this and go back to the way Windows was? I lost ALL my bookmarks. They were EXTREMELY important. Work related and well as 6 mos worth of research for a year long trip I am taking next month! I read some ways to POSSIBLY get them but after more than...
  7. Microsoft Edge messing up netflix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge messing up netflix: Ever since I downloaded Microsoft Edge the movies freeze on Netflix. Is there a way to remove Microsoft Edge and replace with another operating system? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-messing-up-netflix/7467849e-004f-4541-9088-20665b6dd0d3
  8. Windows sign-in is a mess for me

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows sign-in is a mess for me: You can see here that i alledgedly can't sign in with Windows PIN, and only being able to log in with my mail password. However, i do log in with a PIN, and that PIN is what i want to change. And here i can see my mail, which is the same mail when i try to change my password...
  9. Windows 10 Sandbox is utterly useless

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Sandbox is utterly useless: I'm on the latest feature update v1903. Has anyone else seen these issues with the sandbox?(:) says it needs to be activated (the host is activated) can't get files on the sandbox other than using cloud storage (e.g.: OneDrive); can't copy/drag & drop/use external storage...
  10. Link mess – Microsoft Edge vs. Chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    Link mess – Microsoft Edge vs. Chrome?: This just started. I have put a link in a word doc. I have made Chrome default browser, both in chrome and the computer. When I try to open the link I get a popup which I can’t take a screenshot of. It says: “How do you want to open this website? Use an app, use the default...