Windows 10: Edge lost favorites and home page

Discus and support Edge lost favorites and home page in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Weird thing happened this morning. When I opened Edge, my home page had changed to the default, even though I deleted it in settings, to set the home... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by DasDonster, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Edge lost favorites and home page

Weird thing happened this morning. When I opened Edge, my home page had changed to the default, even though I deleted it in settings, to set the home page I prefer. And all my favorites were gone. The popup launched to ask me if I wanted to import favorites from IE. I did not clear cookies, temp internet files, nothing. Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks in advance!

:)

DasDonster, Jun 1, 2016

2. Edge favorites and favorites bar gone

I gave up on Edge. Back to Firefox it is.

first Edge lost all my favorites. I managed to get my favorites bar back, but not my favorites. The only advice Microsoft offered was about importing favorites from another browser, but they were no help when it comes to recovering favorites lost by Edge.

next Edge stopped working altogether. The page opens for a second, then closes. It is not functional. Again, only advice to be found is advice that does not solve the problem.

Next Cortana stopped working on my husbands computer. then Edge lost his favorites too.

Enough already. I'm done.

Tamiam88atgmaildotcom, Jun 1, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Edge Favorites

A Microsoft Support Engineer has previously responded to a question posted by CharlesBrownSC. Please read the stated problem again carefully. We understand the steps how to pin favorites in Edge to a web page: e.g. Home page. When Edge is closed out
    and restarted, the process must be redone to have the favorites pinned to the web page. This is different from IE 11 and previous versions of IE in that whenever favorites are pinned to a web page and closing out IE, restarting IE, the favorites will be present.
    Please prove it to yourself by performing the steps necessary to pin favorites to a web page, close out Edge, restart Edge and observe that the favorites will not restart with Edge. If we are missing some steps to allow the favorites to appear when we start
    up Edge, please advise.

Richard L_922, Jun 1, 2016
  4. Edge lost favorites and home page

Well thanks anyway. Guess no one has had this happen. *Smile

DasDonster, Jun 7, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    I don't have a good answer for you.
    What I am suggesting is probably a Band-Aid remedy at best............................
    Do a system restore. Pick a date when you did NOT have this problem as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

P.S. Why did you mark your thread as solved ? You fixed it ?

davidhk, Jun 8, 2016
  6. I closed it as it seemed no one else had this problem happen to them, that's all.

DasDonster, Jun 9, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Ok. You can leave it open indefinitely as long as there is no solution.
    Does not matter if you are the only one with that problem. It is still an issue needs to be resolved.

If you want, you can un-mark it.

Is system restore any help at all ?

davidhk, Jun 9, 2016
  8. Edge lost favorites and home page

I did not try system restore, since the Edge pop up asked me to import my favorites, right after I opened Edge and discovered that the favorites were no longer there. I had Edge import the favorites again, and so far they have remained. Really a strange thing. This has been the only issue with Win 10 I have had since upgrading.

Thanks davidhk for your responses to this thread and issue.

DasDonster, Jun 9, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    ................ I had Edge import the favorites again, and so far they have remained ........................

Ok. Then it is sorted eventually.

Happy computing.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Edge lost favorites and home page

1. Edge lost favorites and home page - Similar Threads - Edge lost favorites

2. Lost Favorites

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Favorites: One morning most of the Favorites I use all the time disappeared. these are the favorites I use most. I looked everywhere and to no avail. The first place I looked was the recycle bin, nothing. Does anyone have any idea where they might have gone? I happen to use a lot of...
  3. Lost Favorites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Favorites: One morning most of the Favorites I use all the time disappeared. these are the favorites I use most. I looked everywhere and to no avail. The first place I looked was the recycle bin, nothing. Does anyone have any idea where they might have gone? I happen to use a lot of...
  4. Lost Favorites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge Favorites: Suddenly I'm unable to right click on a link in my favorites folder and have it open in a new window, which I used to be able to do. Now when I click on open in new window, nothing happens. If I click open in a new tab, it does and also when I right click on links in various...
  6. Missing Favorites Folder on Home Page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing Favorites Folder on Home Page: I have a PC running Windows 10 Pro. I have Yahoo as my Homepage and Google as my Default Search Engine. I have always had a Favorites Folder on the left side of Homepage a toolbar. I had over 100+ folders in there over many years that hadinfo in them. Then I noticed...
  7. Edge Favorites

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge Favorites: I don't usually use Edge, I like IE11; but I've had to dabble in Edge from time to time. I was wondering, where are the Favorites saved? I looked up & found an article that instructed to go to:...
  8. Edge will remove Favorite bar on fist page but not new pages

in Browsers and Email
    Edge will remove Favorite bar on fist page but not new pages: I went into settings and turned off the favorites bar. The bar was removed on the first page, but any new pages show the bar. If I go into settings on a new page that shows the bar, the setting is off. Tried turning it on and then off again with no change. I have the start...
  9. Lost favorites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Lost favorites in Edge: With the last update for win 10 I lost most of my favorites. I created a new folder in favorites but cannot find it on my PC. Where is it stored? Thank you. 32075
  10. Ms edge home page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge home page.: I set google.com to open edge with, but when I click on home button default page comes up. How do I set home button to go to google.com? Henry 58969

Users found this page by searching for:

1. edge lost home page and favourites

2. lost home page on edge