Windows 10: EDGE - problem

Discus and support EDGE - problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi Guys apologies, if this subject has been done to death. I am looking to fix a problem with next door neighbours W10 / 64bit OS Laptop. Have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Skofab, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Skofab Win User

EDGE - problem

Hi Guys
    apologies, if this subject has been done to death.
    I am looking to fix a problem with next door neighbours W10 / 64bit OS Laptop.

Have re-installed W10, electing to save his apps and data. All has gone well, with the exception that Edge when clicked, momentarily flickers, but no window appears (not loading). I know this has been a long-term problem, but wonder if there is now a realistic workaround to this issue that I may have missed.
    Thanks in advance for your help

C

:)

Skofab, Apr 18, 2017

2. Edge keeps crashing

That does not work for me. I tried it several times.

RonCheney1, Apr 18, 2017
  3. bavalde Win User
    How to Resolve Microsoft Edge crashing to desktop

Hi,

I'm having the same experience, i.e. Edge crashes approx 5-20 after launch. Every time.

This is on AU (14393.10 Enterprise).

The "fix" suggested above (ie re-create a new user etc) is a rather ugly hack.

I'd rather not do it to be honest. Are there any other ways to fix this?

I've not seen this crash on any of the recent pre-AU Insider builds of Edge...

Baffled.

BR Bjørn

bavalde, Apr 18, 2017
  4. EDGE - problem

Caledon Ken, Apr 18, 2017
  5. Skofab Win User
    Many thanks Caledon Ken
    did as suggested, and instant result.
    Thanks again

Skofab, Apr 19, 2017
  6. Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

EDGE - problem

1. EDGE - problem - Similar Threads - EDGE problem

2. The new version of Edge BETA/DEV/CAN has problems with favorites syncing on the same laptop...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The new version of Edge BETA/DEV/CAN has problems with favorites syncing on the same laptop...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/newecreator [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dsnkfz/the_new_version_of_edge_betadevcan_has_problems/
  3. Microsoft Edge print to pdf problem

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge print to pdf problem: I need to save some webpages to pdf. I tried a Firefox extension Save as PDF, but that adds the company name to every page (fair enough - it's freeware). So I tried Microsoft Edge print to pdf function. Works OK, but for some reason, Edge adds a watermark of sorts 'Skip...
  4. YouTube on Edge Problems

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube on Edge Problems: Greetings! For the past 2-3 days or so I've noticed YouTube behaving weird while using regular Edge. At first it started with the YouTube DarkMode settings getting ignored and it reverting back to default LightMode. Later it came to the point where the entire Website would...
  5. REMOVE A HOTMAIL Account from Edge Browser Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    REMOVE A HOTMAIL Account from Edge Browser Problem: I followed instructions from another help thread that said - effectively that the email address used by EDGE was determined by the account signed in to Microsoft on the device -A Windows 10 PC in my case - I removed that account from my windows settings in accordance to the...
  6. gmail problems with outlook and edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gmail problems with outlook and edge: I can't change my gmail password in outlook using edge as my browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-problems-with-outlook-and-edge/6d6489f9-1065-4877-b5de-e62c1808f40f
  7. Problems printing PDF after Windows 10 update, works with Adobe but not Edge etc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems printing PDF after Windows 10 update, works with Adobe but not Edge etc.: Hi Many at my work have trouble printing PDF-files after the latest major Windows 10 update. It worked earlier this summer but now very many cant get their PDF to the printers. The standard PDF-viewer is set to Edge after update, so all PDF-files opens up automatically in...
  8. unable to access start up menu or microsoft edge what is the problem and please fix it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unable to access start up menu or microsoft edge what is the problem and please fix it: unable to acess start up menu or Microsoft edge please fix problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-start-up-menu-or-microsoft-edge/989471fe-8634-4c30-8ac2-632e94c14b95
  9. Microsoft Edge problems with online payments

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge problems with online payments: Hello, My name is Asen and I have been using Microsoft Edge since almost the very beginning of the browser. It was not my primary browser at first but from almost two years it has been. It is true that I have some problems with web sites like Youtube since the last update in...
  10. Microsoft Edge search problem.

in Cortana
    Microsoft Edge search problem.: Every time I open Microsoft Edge, Yahoo appears instead of Bing. Even when I look up things, Yahoo powers the search. Its really annoying and its a time waster. Can anyone help me on this, like getting rid of yahoo from anything I look up. Best Regards, Doubled...