Windows 10: Edge - Top Sites list randomly empty

Discus and support Edge - Top Sites list randomly empty in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just curious if this is unique to me or if others see this, and/or if it is a known bug. I oftentimes will use the top sites list to click on a... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dburne, Feb 15, 2016.

1. dburne Win User

Edge - Top Sites list randomly empty

Just curious if this is unique to me or if others see this, and/or if it is a known bug.

I oftentimes will use the top sites list to click on a webpage, I click on a new tab and that list is populated with the 8 most used sites I go to. Oftentimes, I will click on a new tab and suddenly the list is totally blank. I can close Edge out, reopen it, and it is populated once again.

Does not appear to be any rhyme or reason to it, seems to be totally random when it happens. And when it does, only way to get them back is to close Edge out and reopen it.

:)

dburne, Feb 15, 2016
  2. tphendy Win User

Top Sites Disappeared on Edge

When I first started using Edge, which I love, I really liked how the top sites I visit show up. Suddenly, a couple of days ago, the boxes are now empty for top sites. How do I get this feature back?

tphendy, Feb 15, 2016
  3. Top Sites Edge.

On my Favourites Bar, I have sites (like a family tree site) that I have to log into, and when I click a site, It opens and I`m already logged in.

BEFORE updating to Anniversary Update, when Top Sites appeared on Edge and I clicked them I was (like clicking the Favourites Bar) already logged in. This saves a lot of time.

Now, since the Anniversary Update when I click Top Sites, I have to log into everything. It is faster for me to just go back to the Favourites
    Bar.

Even copying the URL of a logged in site, and then adding it as a new Top Sites doesn`t work. It still requires a log in.

Does anyone know how to fix this, as security isn`t a problem with most of my sites. With critical ones like Banks it is absolutely necessary to log in, and even My Favourites Bar still requires a log in for critical websites like these.

barrierlee, Feb 15, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

brummyfan, Feb 15, 2016
  5. lx07 Win User
    Happens to me too. Oddly it then comes back with the old Top Sites I had before - I don't have to re-populate them.

I have the same issue with History - it disappears (says there will be something here when you have visited a website) and then it all comes back again when you reopen Edge (including the In-Private stuff, careful)...

I guess it can't read it's config file sometimes for some reason.

You are not alone anyway.

6. dburne Win User
    Ok thanks for the feedback gang, I will assume it is a bug that at some point may get addressed. Not a real big deal, just a minor annoyance at times...

dburne, Feb 15, 2016
  7. lx07 Win User
    Hope so. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful than a "me-too".

8. Edge - Top Sites list randomly empty

You're not the only one, it's happened to me a few times as well but something I've noticed today, not sure if it's always been there and I didn't notice, each icon in the list has a pin icon or a + icon, I've hit the pin mark for the sites I want to keep so will have to wait and see if that makes a difference.

Joan Archer, Feb 17, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Same here.
    Good thing I use it just for test purpose. Not my main browser.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Edge - Top Sites list randomly empty - Similar Threads - Edge Top Sites

2. Top Sites

in Windows 10 Customization
    Top Sites: all top site boxes filled. want to add more. how do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/top-sites/b99d4034-5f36-45f7-b65c-0d31c7df0eaa
  3. How to get colored the background of the Top-Sites in Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    How to get colored the background of the Top-Sites in Edge?: Hello together, I use Microsoft Edge 44.18362.449.0 and mostly the background color of the Top-Sites is white like here: [img] Sometimes, it is really rare, they are colored like yesterday, but only for a short time: [img] Does anyone know, why it is like this? I...
  4. 1809 and 'Top Sites' in Edge no longer configurable.

in Browsers and Email
    1809 and 'Top Sites' in Edge no longer configurable.: Following a clean installation of 1809 I'm finding that my top sites are not able to be moved around as you could in previous versions. Trying to drag a tile to the left or right simply places the No Entry sign over it meaning 'you can not do this'. Anyone else noticed this...
  5. Edges' Top Sites won't stick!

in Browsers and Email
    Edges' Top Sites won't stick!: Monday morning (5/15/2017), after MS updated prior to shutdown, my computer would not boot up come morning. I could only access boot options via F12 (long story) did a restore via back-up stored on an external Hdd. After got back up & running, the Top Sites icons in Edge...
  6. Edge - Top Sites wiped out ( blank) ?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - Top Sites wiped out ( blank) ?: Hey gang, I installed Windows 10 a couple of days ago and really like it so far. I have been trying out the new MS Edge browser. I noticed up towards the top in Top Sites it would populate with websites I visit frequently. Kind of like it did in IE previously when one...
  7. Permanently remove tiles from Top Sites in Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Permanently remove tiles from Top Sites in Edge: I am in the process of switching from Firefox to Edge and this is the first question of surely many to come. How can I permanently remove the Facebook, Netflix and othe tiles on the Top Sites? I keep removing them but they alway want to come back when I open Edge or go to...
  8. Microsoft Edge: Top Sites Have Disappeared

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge: Top Sites Have Disappeared: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit, and the "Top Sites" on the Startup page seems to have disappeared. I don't remember installing any software or drivers lately. Any suggestions as to how to get the "Top Sites" back will be appreciated. Thank you again. 41750
  9. Edge: how to add a top site

in Browsers and Email
    Edge: how to add a top site: I have been looking how to add a site to "Top sites"in Edge. Also tried to find out in the past how to do it with IE. In my favourites, I store many websites. But the sites I use daily, I would like to add to top sites. I would not like to wait until Edge decides when to...
  10. Microsoft Edge Top Sites

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Top Sites: I have a bit of a problem, in the Edge address bar are top sites that you have visited. I need to know how to turn that feature off for privacy reasons. Sure its helpful and saves you typing if you go to that particular website very often but what if you let someone use your...