Windows 10: Edge won't save anything. I broke it.

Discus and support Edge won't save anything. I broke it. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I went to download some files with Edge (10 Pro x64, build 1511) and of course it tossed them all into the default Download folder without asking.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Galane, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Galane Win User

Edge won't save anything. I broke it.

I went to download some files with Edge (10 Pro x64, build 1511) and of course it tossed them all into the default Download folder without asking.

So I went to the settings. Nothing. Advanced settings. Still nothing to make it do as *I* want and ask where to save everything.

So I turn to... the Internet! <evil laugh> I find a couple of registry files that claim to enable and disable the function.

I try the first one then launch Edge and try to download something. It does... nothing. So I close Edge and do the disable registry file. Back to Edge, try to download and... still nothing. No file saving anywhere.

Uh oh. I broke it. How do I fix it AND make it ask where to save files? (And why did MS remove that option when earlier versions of Edge had it in Advanced settings?)

At least IE11 and Firefox and Chrome work...

:)

Galane, Jul 22, 2016
  2. DanMakutz Win User

EDGE Microsoft needs a browser that works

Windows 10 won't let me change the default browser to anything other than Microsoft edge. Internet explorer worked great. When is Microsoft going to learn, "if it aint broke, don't fix it."

DanMakutz, Jul 22, 2016
  3. No voice tags saved? 6680

okay have a temporary phone whilst mine is broke/being sent a new phone

but now this one has broke! everytime i turn it on within a minute no voice tags saved appears without me even pressing anything - and it doesnt let me press any buttons after

HELP!

sophhstarr, Jul 22, 2016
  4. Galane Win User

Here's the turn on
    Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 ; Created by: Shawn Brink ; Created on: April 2nd 2016 ; Tutorial: Turn On or Off Download Save Prompt in Microsoft Edge [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\Download] "EnableSavePrompt"=dword:00000001[/quote] and the turn off

Code: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 ; Created by: Shawn Brink ; Created on: April 2nd 2016 ; Tutorial: Turn On or Off Download Save Prompt in Microsoft Edge [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\Download] "EnableSavePrompt"=dword:00000000[/quote]

Microsoft Edge Download Save Prompt - Turn On or Off in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Galane, Jul 22, 2016
Thema:

1. Edge won't save anything. I broke it. - Similar Threads - Edge won't save

2. KB5016691 broke MS Edge.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5016691 broke MS Edge.: After updating two machines with this Windows update. MS Edge no longer launches...totally unusable. Had to go to Firefox to browse now.Repaired MS Edge...nothingUninstalled and reinstalled Edge...nothing...
  3. KB5016691 broke MS Edge.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5016691 broke MS Edge.: After updating two machines with this Windows update. MS Edge no longer launches...totally unusable. Had to go to Firefox to browse now.Repaired MS Edge...nothingUninstalled and reinstalled Edge...nothing...
  4. Edge won't save Passwords.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge won't save Passwords.: Hi all, I prefer using MS Edge to using chrome but because MS Edge will not save passwords I counting to use chrome. I have a laptop and pad both running MS windows 10 and edge and with no problems, it's only my main PC that will not save passwords I have all the same...
  5. not saving anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not saving anything: when ever i restart my computer everything dissapears its hasnt done this before but now it is and i have to sign back in and sometimes my computer has to restart for an update but when i did it it made all my downloads were gone my desktop changed to how it never was and...
  6. Edge won't save "do not clear" sites

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't save "do not clear" sites: I want to add sites to Edge's "do not clear" list so that their cookies will be saved. I can add sites to the list but as soon as I close and reopen the browser the list is cleared. Am I missing something required to save the list or does this not really work? Thanks Win 10...
  7. 2004 Broke Saved Credentials

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2004 Broke Saved Credentials: Hi, Ever since installing the 2004 update ,none of my saved system credentials persist. Its not a case of them having been forgotten, they're just not kept. Each time I log in to Windows, I have re-sign into OneDrive, my browsers, LastPass, etc... I haven't installed 2004...
  8. Opening a document that I've saved and won't open with anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Opening a document that I've saved and won't open with anything: I have a document that won't open. I've saved it and when I put it in and I can't get it to open with anything. Could you please help me with it? Marcia Coons...
  9. Creators Update Broke Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Creators Update Broke Edge: All other browser work fine... but after the Creators Update Edge is behaving badly with intermittent problems. Main error is 'Hmmm... cannot reach this page' with 'The DNS server might be having problems. Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND' when Details is clicked....
  10. Microsoft Edge won't save passwords

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge won't save passwords: Hi, I have a problem with Microsoft Edge. It won't save my passwords on sites, nor it will ask me to save passwords on sites. I have quite a few that were save previously with Windows 7, but obviously, not all of them have transferred to Windows 10. I have been to Settings,...