Windows 10: Effects of a repair install in-place upgrade

Discus and support Effects of a repair install in-place upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Will a repair installor inplace upgrade remove any of my software? I have photoshop on my computer and have lost the cd, so Id rater not have it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ahnafic, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Ahnafic Win User

Effects of a repair install in-place upgrade

Will a repair installor inplace upgrade remove any of my software?

I have photoshop on my computer and have lost the cd, so Id rater not have it removed.

Do you think this will happen?

:)

Ahnafic, Apr 6, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade  

Hello dlfetters48, and welcome to Ten Forums. Effects of a repair install in-place upgrade :)

Yes, you can use a Windows 10 DVD as well. When you open the DVD, you would just pick up at step 4C.

A repair install is used to repair your current installation by basically doing an in-place upgrade using the same build so you don't lose anything during the process.

Brink, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade  

step:4 To do a repair install of Windows 10 with an ISO file - Can I use a Windows 10 DVD that I burned?
    This tutorial will show you how to do a repair install of Windows 10 by performing an in-place upgrade without losing anything. ​Is this tutorial just for an upgrade? Or can I use this method to repair my Windows 10 Pro install, while keeping all of my installed programs? Thanks

dlfetters48, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade  

In earlier Windows versions and in Windows 10 version 1507 (all builds prior to version 1511 build 10586) when Users folder was relocated to another drive using Sysprep and an unattended answer file, repair and in-place upgrade installations required the process being reverted, the Users folder sysprepped back to C: drive. After repair or in-place upgrade installation it could then be relocated again to another drive.

Windows 10 version 1511 build 10586 (so called November Update) changed this. You can now in-place upgrade from Windows 7 or 8.1 to Windows 10 even with relocated Users folder, subject to in-place upgrade media being Windows 10 version 1511 build 10586 or later.

Any Windows 10 version and build since build 10586 can be repair installed and in-place upgraded without relocating Users folder back to C: drive. This also includes build and feature updates through Windows Update which can now be done with relocated Users.

Short answer: Yes, repair and in-place upgrade will keep your Users folder on D: drive. No worries, no problems.

Related Tutorials

Kari, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Effects of a repair install in-place upgrade - Similar Threads - Effects repair install

2. Repair install/in-place upgrade not proceeding normally

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repair install/in-place upgrade not proceeding normally: I am confused... After problems with the 2021-06 cumulative update for x64 machines, I had to uninstall the latest quality update. Now having different problems (no sound devices detected), I wanted to try an in-place/repair install. Using the Media Creation Tool, I...
  3. Repair Install (in place upgrade) question

Repair Install (in place upgrade) question: Ive got a new Dell laptop arriving later in the week. I normally clean install and blow away the partitions using a Media Creation Tool created flash drive which gets rid of bloatware as well. Im doing things differently this time though. It has a some useful software pre...
  4. "repair install" or "in place upgrade" is broken in 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "repair install" or "in place upgrade" is broken in 20H2: You cannot to a "repair install" or "in place upgrade" and keep files and apps with 20H2. It works fine with 2004. The installation media will not allow you to keep your files and apps. All other options other than "Nothing" are greyed out. To be clear, you CAN upgrade from...
  5. Windows in place repair upgrade failure

Windows in place repair upgrade failure: This is a part two to my orginal post as the repair upgrade failed and i dont know what to do. It rolls back Original link here[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-in-place-repair-upgrade-failure/e4b9e6e8-df1a-455f-9160-d416d3cba31a
  6. Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade ..error

Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade ..error: I follow exactly these istructions Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade and i select to not update drivers etc.. and also if i select to update drivers etc.. but after reboot i have the error on image Please can you suggest me? Thank Hispa P.S. Secure boot is...
  7. Failed to upgrade from 1709 with In Place/Repair Upgrade

Failed to upgrade from 1709 with In Place/Repair Upgrade: First things first, my winver is 1709 Build 16299.192 I have been stuck at updating for over 2 years, finally i was unable to upgrade my nvidia driver forces me to find a way through this. These 4 method doesnt seem to work: FIX: Windows 10 Update 1903 failed to install...
  8. Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-Place Upgrade fails...

Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-Place Upgrade fails...: Yesterday I attempted a Repair Install of Windows 10 with Media Creation Tool as per the TenForums Tutorial but for some reason it all went pear-shaped… I downloaded and ran the Media Creation Tool (1803) and get the following screens:- “Getting a few things ready”...
  9. Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade: Hi , I want to do a repair install of windows 10 ( new 1607) with an in-place upgrade using DVD media ( .iso 1607 , engl/us ,all the same ) because of corrupted files although windows operation so far is good . sfc /scannow , command prompt > DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  10. Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade: How to: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade How to Do a Repair Install of Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade If you're having problems with Windows 10 on your PC, you could use reset Windows. Refresh your PC Fixes software problems by reinstalling...