Windows 10: Email Alias Problem

Discus and support Email Alias Problem in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I will cut to the chase. We have an office 365 subscription that is connected to our on-premise AD. I have set up an email with an alias to receive... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Shottas202, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Email Alias Problem

I will cut to the chase.

We have an office 365 subscription that is connected to our on-premise AD. I have set up an email with an alias to receive inquiries that will go directly to our ticketing system. Our goal for creating the alias is to separate the tickets that are being addressed to another department of our company.

When the sender comes from outside our domain/company and the recipient is the alias email, it will be received by that email as the alias mail. But the concern is when the sender is from within our domain and the recipient is the alias email.
    The received message will be redirected to the main email address which is causing our problem.

:)

Shottas202, Dec 3, 2019

2. Email Alias

I have a primary email alias that i no longer have access to. In following the steps to create a new one, I run into one major issue.

I'm prompted that for security reasons I have to verify my existing email alias, which again I do not have access to, prior to creating a new one.

How can I get past this issue and add a new alias?

The email address i intend to use is already set up to receive security alerts and I can verify the phone number associated with it but so far i've had no luck or leeway in this.

G0DZ R1TE HAND, Dec 3, 2019
  3. unable to make my email alias a primary - no primary link appears to the right of the alias

There is no primary link next to my email alias to allow me to make it a primary as noted in the instructions. Any ideas? I am using Windows 10 Pro (not available to click in the drop down)

• Under Account aliases, click/tap on the Make primary link to the right of an added email alias you want
      to be your primary alias.
    Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

Cynthia413, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Email Alias Problem

Unable to change primary alias - Microsoft Account

Hi John,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you are unable to change the primary alias for your Microsoft account on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would like to provide you with the information that
    an account alias is an email address or phone number that you use to sign in to your Microsoft account. You can have multiple aliases, and use any of them with Microsoft services such as Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive,
    Office, Xbox, Windows and more.

Your primary alias appears on devices such as your Xbox, Surface, and Windows Phone, and is the email OneDrive sends from when you share. You can choose a different alias to be the primary one at any time.

An alias is also the best way to change your email, but keep all your mail.
    Add an alias, then make the new alias primary. Then you can
    keep or remove the original alias.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Note: The email alias at the top of the list without a Make primary link is your current primary alias.

• Uncheck the Send me promotional offers from Microsoft box if you like, and click/tap on Yes to confirm.
    You may also try the following steps given below and check if that helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Account>Your Account.
    • In the right pane, click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    • Provide your current Microsoft Account Password.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • You can leave the Enter Password option empty, however, it is highly recommended to keep a password on your system to keep it safe.

For reference:

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Microsoft account help

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/microsoft-account

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Email Alias Problem

1. Email Alias Problem - Similar Threads - Email Alias Problem

2. Changing email name for alias emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing email name for alias emails: Is it possible to change the sender name of an alias email in Outlook.com to another name, and keep the rest set to my account name?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-email-name-for-alias-emails/f3aa281b-d089-4023-a44c-8a589952ba15
  3. Changing email name for alias emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing email name for alias emails: Is it possible to change the sender name of an alias email in Outlook.com to another name, and keep the rest set to my account name?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-email-name-for-alias-emails/f3aa281b-d089-4023-a44c-8a589952ba15
  4. Changing email name for alias emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Alias Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alias Problem: I am just an old lady with a problem. I downloaded MS One Drive. As I understood it asked for different email, so I used my husband's email. As a result it changed my primary alias to his email address. Really messed up my MS Account. So I uninstalled One Drive, but...
  6. email apparently using alias

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email apparently using alias: My email is showing a weird return address which I assume is an alias. How to I eliminate that and have the "from" address be my functioning email address? Thanks....
  7. Alias email not getting verified

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Alias email not getting verified: Hello, I am adding an email into " Manage how you sign in to Microsoft " under Account aliases I verify the email "Verify this alias You need to verify that you own this email address. We'll send an email with a link to XXX@X****. Follow the instructions in the mail to...
  8. Email was removed by an "alias"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Email was removed by an "alias": Im signing in here through my wifes account because my email "No longer exists". I got a text saying "Primary alias changed from my email to xyz. Not Correct? Visit...…went to said website and still couldn't do anything. All this after finding out that a Microsoft Tablet of...
  9. Microsoft account email alias problem

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft account email alias problem: My default alias used to be my default email address. Now I changed the alias not knowing that I would not be able to revert back to my @HOTmail.com alias.... so now unless I send a email to the alias all mail becomes undelivered. How can I switch the alias back to my...
  10. Alias email addresses

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Alias email addresses: I want to add my primary email address as an alias and remove the current alias. But when I attempt to, the system comes back with "email address already taken" even though its my primary email address. How do I get around this?...