Windows 10: email query

Discus and support email query in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have been using Windows 10 for a couple of months now and I have three email addresses that all appear within the email section and, up until today... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bluenose1940, May 13, 2016.

1. email query

I have been using Windows 10 for a couple of months now and I have three email addresses that all appear within the email section and, up until today it always defaulted to my gmail address but now, when I click on the email box I find that my @Sky address is always highlighted.

I have obviously done something but I don't know what. I have tried going into 'settings' to see if I can change things but I haven't been able to as yet.

Does anyone have any ideas please? Many thanks.

:)

Bluenose1940, May 13, 2016

2. N96 Email Query

Hi All,

I have configured my N96 to download my Gmail automatically. It is set to download only the headers which is fine.

The problem I have is that I have around 8000 emails in my gmail mailbox and when I connect my phone to the internet it seems to be only downloading around 500 headers.

I take it there must be a limit on how many emails I can have in the inbox on the phone and I want to know if I can up that amount. My Text messages and emails are all being stored on the 16gb mass storage drive built into the phone and I have around 9GB
    free.

I have tried deleting and re-creating the mailbox on the phone without any luck.

Please help anyone!!!

Thanks

Chris

christoph99---01, May 13, 2016
  3. seb42 Win User
    N96 - email query

does it cost to send and recieve emails? Just you normal data usage, depends on the size of the email, same cost to view webpages etc.

does it automatically check the server for new emails?

I think if you leave it connected it will, have not try it.

does it work with pop 3 accounts? Yes, have use my old N70 with pop3.

I am using IMAP, work well for me, I use my N96 to check new messages only on my gmail account. I only use the N96 if I am waiting on a important email.

Under setting in gmail they have links to these guides

imap google info for symbian S60

https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78887

pop3 google generic info

Read Gmail messages on other email clients using POP - Gmail Help

Message Edited by on 09-Jan-2009 02:12 PM

seb42, May 13, 2016
  4. email query

What eMail client are you using?
    Win10 Mail App?
    Windows Live Mail?
    Thunderbird?

It miht be as simple as the last mailbox used.

Try highlighting your gMail account and closing the application.
    Then open the application again.

If that didn't work, try right clicking the account to see if there is a context menu that allows you to se the default or move the account up or down in the list.

Slartybart, May 13, 2016
  5. Hi Slartybart, thank you for coming in on my query. This is where I get totally confused. As mentioned in my first post, I have 3 email addresses that I use, @Sky.com, @gmail.com and @live.co.uk. These all come up when I right click on the 'Start Button' and then click on 'mail'
    As a bit of a grey haired old wrinkly I'm afraid that I don't understand the question "What email client are you using" Are the three addresses that I have mentioned classed as 'clients'?

6. To the O P have you tried Windows 10 Mail App
    With that you can sync and link all your e-mails into one inbox
    I have AOL
    GMail
    Outlook
    Yahoo
    All put into Mail App
    Then instead of opening them one by one
    Have Linked them
    So when I am notified I have mail I just click on the Mail App that seats in the taskbar and any mail I have all appears in there
    The only mail I have to clear separate is Bulk or Junk Mail
    If you want to know how to set it up please get back to us and I will post for you in plain English how to set it up

hTconeM9user, May 13, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    This might be just a temporary fix, but no harm trying .....................

Do a system restore. Pick a few days ago, or a date you did NOT have this problem as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, May 13, 2016
  8. email query

Yes please, this sounds like a good route to take. Thank you

9. Ok once you have the Mail App on Taskbar
    Click to open it and go to Settings
    Once there go to Manage Accounts
    Then Add an account
    Once you have set up your first one
    Reading the Questions put of how you want to set it up
    You will see change sync settings
    In mine I have set it to as mail arrives
    Then anytime
    Once done
    Click Save
    Do same with all your e-mail accounts
    Then click the Link button
    It will ask you what name you want entered as your main inbox
    I have set mine up using my username
    Then click save
    Now all your e-mails should come into that inbox
    You will also get a button come up telling you when you have mail
    Should you get stuck on anything then let us know

I am nearly 70 and set mine up in 20-30 mins all told
    The only ones I clear separate is my junk, bulk and deleted boxes

hTconeM9user, May 13, 2016
  10. dafydd Win User
    May I ask hTconeM9user a question Please.
    You mention in your posting regarding new email notification the mail app sits on your task bar would that be near the right side with clock etc.
    Thanks.

dafydd, May 17, 2016
  11. eMail Servers (aka ISP mail servers): Sky.com, gmail.com and live.co.uk

An eMail client is what you you to get mail from the server.
    Mail App, Windows Live Mail, Thunderbird, and Outlook are examples

I going to guess (from your description: click on the 'Start Button' and then click on 'mail') that you're using the Windows Mail App

Did you try selecting the account you want, closing the app, and re-launching it?
    I'm guessing that it might be a most recently used thing.

It might also be sort related in that the most recent mail recv'd by an account is displayed higher in the list. If this is he case, I'm not sure a user can change anything.

I looked at the following support pages, but I didn't see anything that might help you. Your eyes might be better than mine *Wink

Mail and Calendar for Windows 10 FAQ - Outlook
    Set up your account in Mail for Windows 10 - Outlook
    Use Mail for Windows 10 - Outlook

The only other thing I can offer is:
    Poke around in the app settings - is there an option to set the order or move an account up/down?
    See if any options are provided if you right click the account itself.

I don't use the Mail app - sorry I couldn't be more help.

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

email query

1. email query - Similar Threads - email query

2. im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to: im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to it does not make any sence you need to the password to verify the account to acsess anything related to it but when i do that i end up in a loop of not having acsess to the email that is it linked to,...
  3. im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to: im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to it does not make any sence you need to the password to verify the account to acsess anything related to it but when i do that i end up in a loop of not having acsess to the email that is it linked to,...
  4. im signed into a account on my pc yet do not have the email its linked to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email

I want to delete an administrator account which linked to my brother's email: I have used this laptop since 2022, and the main administrator account already appeared with my brother's email. Now he has his own laptop but there is still his onedrive, and his personal files on my laptop. I have created a local account with my email and set it as the...
  6. Microsoft Hotmail email id sign on query

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Hotmail email id sign on query: I am having an old laptop with Windows 10 and signed in it with a Microsoft Hotmail email idMS Office, MS Teams are also associated with this email idLast week, I brought a new laptop also with Windows 10. Can I use the same email id mentioned above to sign in to the new...
  7. Microsoft Hotmail email id sign on query

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Hotmail email id sign on query: I am having an old laptop with Windows 10 and signed in it with a Microsoft Hotmail email idMS Office, MS Teams are also associated with this email idLast week, I brought a new laptop also with Windows 10. Can I use the same email id mentioned above to sign in to the new...
  8. Microsoft Hotmail email id sign on query

9. Windows 10 email query

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 email query: I have got a constant message at the top of the Windows 10 email page. It says "There was an error while sending your message" There is a box on the right hand side of the message which simply says 'Dismiss' There does not seem to be an option to see the detail of this...
  10. Query over validity of email

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Query over validity of email: Have received emails from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** about changes to a Microsoft Services agreement. Does anyone know if this is a phishing attempt? There are links to open but wary. Thanks...