Windows 10: Emoji panel on Windows 10 won't show up using any hotkey: solution

Discus and support Emoji panel on Windows 10 won't show up using any hotkey: solution in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently the emoji panel stopped showing up by pressing Win+. or Win+;. As I've found out, the reason why this stopped working was that I've changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheLegs, Jun 6, 2019.

1. TheLegs Win User

Emoji panel on Windows 10 won't show up using any hotkey: solution

Recently the emoji panel stopped showing up by pressing Win+. or Win+;.

As I've found out, the reason why this stopped working was that I've changed the language of Windows from English (United States) to English (United Kingdom) even though the keyboard layout was still set to English (United States).

In short, the only combination that works is to have both language and keyboard set to English (United States).

Right?

No!

There is just a simple value that you need to add to the registry to get it working for any layout, here the instructions:

1. Open the Registry Editor (regedit.exe);
    2. Navigate to: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Input\Settings\proc_1\;
    3. You will see a lot of keys starting with loc_, each one of them corresponds to your local language; the full list of LCIDs is available at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/openspecs/windows_protocols/ms-lcid/70feba9f-294e-491e-b6eb-56532684c37f, however for your convenience I've added some examples at the end of this post;
    4. Under this key (in my case loc_0809 for en-GB) there is another called im_1, open it;
    5. Add a new DWORD value called EnableExpressiveInputShellHotkey, and set it to 1;

To test this, you will need to first switch to another keyboard layout and then back to yours. If you have only one layout, I'm not sure if there's an easier way than just restarting Windows.

Language name ISO code loc_ + LCID
    English (United Kingdom) en-GB loc_0809
    English (United States) en-US loc_0409
    Italiano (Italia) it-IT loc_0410
    Čeština cs-CZ loc_0405
    Português (Portugal) pt-PT loc_0816

:)

TheLegs, Jun 6, 2019
  2. Jaune Bel Win User

How to fix emoji keyboard not showing up using shortcut

Hi,

This issue is often caused by a corrupted or missing data file. To better isolate if this is a user profile specific or an emerging issue, we suggest that you create a new user profile and try to use the same keyboard shortcut to get the emoji keyboard to
    show up. Here's the link for the steps on how to:
    Set up accounts

In the meantime, we'll give you the steps for a workaround to access the emojis. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Taskbar.
    • Select the Show touch keyboard button option and a keyboard icon will show up on your
      Taskbar.
    • Click the keyboard icon and select the emoji button.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Jaune Bel, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Geosammy Win User
    Win10 Emoji Panel Won't Open

Hi All,
    I also posted this same question here...
    Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10

Anyway,

I'm running the latest version of win 10 and the emoji panel will not open,
    using either Win + period, or Win + semicolon key's.

I've done a system file check and no integrity violations were found.

Is there a know service, that needs to be turned on/running for this to work?
    Or maybe there's a setting I've overlooked, or perhaps turned off?

Any suggestion on how to correct this issue, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

As a side note:
    The emoji panel use to open as intended, but now it doesn't.
    It also did not function, prior to the latest August 14, 2018 - KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) update.

Geosammy, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Geosammy Win User

Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10

@Brink

Hi
    I tried your suggested test and nothing happens.
    The emoji panel did not open.*Sad

Note:
    This was also occurring prior to the latest August 14, 2018 - KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) update.

Geosammy, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Emoji panel on Windows 10 won't show up using any hotkey: solution - Similar Threads - Emoji panel won't

2. Emoji Panel does not show up - but I can use the emojis o.O

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Emoji Panel does not show up - but I can use the emojis o.O: Before I start I will tell you that I've browsed through everything google showed me regarding emoji panel dissappearing or not working at all and I've checked what I think is "everything". I ended up reinstalling my entire system just to get emoji panel to work with a...
  3. Emojis on emoji panel broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emojis on emoji panel broken: Hello! I updated to version 22H2 of Windows 11 and now the emojis on the emoji panel appear in black in white or entirely broken. They only appear like this in the panel, but work fine if I select one to use. I'm not really sure how to fix this?...
  4. Emoji Panel not working in any App on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Emoji Panel not working in any App on Windows 10: Emoji Panel lets you use emojis in any application on Windows 10. It is a built-in feature that is used by so many around the world. It is usually opened by pressing Win+. or Win+; on the keyboard. The Emoji Panel appears as a small box with all the emojis we regularly use on...
  5. Emoji panel is not working in any app!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Emoji panel is not working in any app!: Hello! My name is Amin and I have a very big problem in the new Windows 10 update. After the 2020 update of Windows 10 the emoji panel isn't working anymore! I have no problem opening the emoji panel and I can easily open it, but my problem is that when I want to use emojis...
  6. Emoji panel is not working in any app!

Emoji panel is not working in any app!: Hello! My name is Amin and I have a very big problem in the new Windows 10 update. After the 2020 update of Windows 10 the emoji panel isn't working anymore! I have no problem opening the emoji panel and I can easily open it, but my problem is that when I want to use emojis...
  7. Windows 10 Emoji Panel Shown Up, but Not Working!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Emoji Panel Shown Up, but Not Working!: Watch this video to understand further, please :v Hello! I'm still new here, please guide me if anything. Regarding the title, I have been searching anywhere for the solutions but could not figure out. Hopefully someone here can help me. The issue is here, the panel shown...
  8. Windows 10 emoji panel

Windows 10 emoji panel: I get some interesting emojis from friends and was wondering if there is any way of adding them to the MS emoji panel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-emoji-panel/d7724d0a-a6ef-4e64-8209-3c8542a84e28
  9. Windows 10 using Sandboxie - Emoji Picker Panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 using Sandboxie - Emoji Picker Panel: With the browser opened by Sandboxie and using Winkey + point, the emoji panel comes up, but the emoji will not insert in the text. Nothing happens on the click. Using a non-Sandboxied browser, the emoji work perfect, no problem. The solution is provided by Barb of...
  10. Win10 Emoji Panel Won't Open

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Emoji Panel Won't Open: Hi All, I also posted this same question here... Entering Emoji on Hardware Keyboard with Emoji Panel in Windows 10 Anyway, I'm running the latest version of win 10 and the emoji panel will not open, using either Win + period or Win + semicolon key's. I've done a system...