Windows 10: empty taskbar and Win Menu not responding to left click

Discus and support empty taskbar and Win Menu not responding to left click in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Am asking from a Win 7 Desktop - have prob on Win 10 laptop. Laptop was new 3 months ago (with Win 10 pre-installed) - have been using Win 10 to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RAPw10, Apr 1, 2016.

1. RAPw10 Win User

empty taskbar and Win Menu not responding to left click

Am asking from a Win 7 Desktop - have prob on Win 10 laptop.

Laptop was new 3 months ago (with Win 10 pre-installed) - have been using Win 10 to get used to it before installing on desktop PC (IE main PC).

Hadn't used laptop in 2 weeks but tonight when booted, taskbar is empty (had 8-10 icons there) and can't get win menu (IE when left click on win icon, nothing happens -- can right click and get that menu -- the win key doesn't work either). BTW when move cursor over icon it turns 'blue'.

All icons are on the win desktop and are accessible (IE can run the apps)

Last time I used the laptop was to update windows and everything was good.

:)

RAPw10, Apr 1, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

start menu changed a week ago and NOW no start menu properties available

Right click an empty part of the Taskbar and select properties, this will bring you to the Settings App

In Settings, click Start on the left hand side, this is where Start menu Settings have been moved to.

I hope this Answers your Question!

DaveM121, Apr 1, 2016
  3. Notification Center Greyed out and not Showing on Taskbar

Try pressing Win-A ? A related keyboard sequence to try is: Win-T, Tab, Cursor-Left (yes, Left) and then either Spacebar (to try to open it) or Menu (or Shift-F10) to see its right-click menu.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Apr 1, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

.............Hadn't used laptop in 2 weeks
    .............Last time I used the laptop was to update windows and everything was good.
    ............All icons are on the win desktop and are accessible (IE can run the apps)

Suggestion :
    Do a system restore. Pick a date at lease 2 weeks ago, preferably the date after you updated windows as your restore point.

System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Apr 1, 2016
  5. RAPw10 Win User
    good catch ... after my initial Q that's what I did ... however the sys restore failed - but - when the laptop 'came back' the taskbar was populated with my icons and the left/right click on the Win icon worked.

Why? Who knows!! Another Microsoft mystery.

Maybe it was due to rebooting -- BUT -- I had rebooted initially and got no joy

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion and the time/thoughts.

RAPw10, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. empty taskbar and Win Menu not responding to left click - Similar Threads - empty taskbar Menu

2. Left Click Not Working On Taskbar and Windows Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Click Not Working On Taskbar and Windows Menu: Recently I have been having issues with not being able to click on anything in the taskbar. I already updated my drivers, used sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restore Health to check for corrupted files and rolling back my computer to before the issue occurred,...
  3. Left Click Not Working On Taskbar and Windows Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left Click Not Working On Taskbar and Windows Menu: Recently I have been having issues with not being able to click on anything in the taskbar. I already updated my drivers, used sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restore Health to check for corrupted files and rolling back my computer to before the issue occurred,...
  4. Left Click Not Working On Taskbar and Windows Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Taskbar WiFi menu empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar WiFi menu empty: I've looked through the FAQs without success, direction to the question if duplicate appreciated. But...After Upgrade to Windows 11 the WiFi-button in the task bar does not show the available networks any more. They are accessible through the log-in screen and through the...
  6. Taskbar WiFi menu empty

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar WiFi menu empty: I've looked through the FAQs without success, direction to the question if duplicate appreciated. But...After Upgrade to Windows 11 the WiFi-button in the task bar does not show the available networks any more. They are accessible through the log-in screen and through the...
  7. Make Left mouse button click launch Win Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Make Left mouse button click launch Win Menu: In the Win10 task bar on the left edge is the windows symbol which currently responds to a rightmouse button click. Can I change it to respond to a left button click instead ?Settings show Right-handed (left Primary Click ) radio button is set. What do you suggest ? Bob 133732
  8. Make Left mouse button click launch Win Menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Make Left mouse button click launch Win Menu: I prefer using the left mouse button to launch the Windows menu PopUp.Now the right mouse button does this.How do I change it in Win10 Home ? TIA Bob 132919
  9. Make Left mouse button click launch Win Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Make Left mouse button click launch Win Menu: I prefer using the left mouse button to launch the Windows menu PopUp.Now the right mouse button does this.How do I change it in Win10 Home ? TIA Bob 132919
  10. Windows 10 Taskbar, Left clicking icons no respond, the right click menu OK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Taskbar, Left clicking icons no respond, the right click menu OK: I tried every method on the Internet, none can fix the problem completely. I have two computers the same issues, I use the latest version Windows 10, I bet MS cannot resolve this stupid problem in 10 years....