Windows 10: Enable Allow files to download to the Host setting on Edge in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable Allow files to download to the Host setting on Edge in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Windows Defender Application Guard makes sure that any file you download stays in the virtual container. This makes sure that malicious files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 5, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Enable Allow files to download to the Host setting on Edge in Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 5, 2018

2. How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Microsoft Windows Defender on Windows 10/ Edge download settings

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community and we apologize for delay in response.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Do you receive any error message, while to scan full system?

2) Have you installed any other antivirus on your computer?

I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Perform
    System File Checker
    (sfc) scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Step 2:

To change the default download location in Microsoft Edge Browser.

• Open File Explorer.

• Right click on Downloads and select
      Properties.

• Select Location tab and click Move
      and then select where you want to have your downloads to be saved.
    For more information about Microsoft Edge browser, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/microsoft-edge

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 7, 2018
  5. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Enable Allow files to download to the Host setting on Edge in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Allow files

2. Permission settings hosts file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permission settings hosts file: Hi all,Can anyone tell me what the default permissions are for the windows hosts file.I am talking about:1 ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES2 ALL RESTRICTED PACKAGES3 Users device name\UsersI have 1 set to:Read & executeRead2 is set to:Read & executeRead3 is set to:Read & executeReadI...
  3. Permission settings hosts file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permission settings hosts file: Hi all,Can anyone tell me what the default permissions are for the windows hosts file.I am talking about:1 ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES2 ALL RESTRICTED PACKAGES3 Users device name\UsersI have 1 set to:Read & executeRead2 is set to:Read & executeRead3 is set to:Read & executeReadI...
  4. Permission settings hosts file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded

in Windows 10 News
    Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded: [ATTACH]If you encounter the error message “Your current security settings do not allow this […] This article Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. mvps hosts file download

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mvps hosts file download: I have windows 10 home 64 bit and have been trying to download the MVPS Hosts file. I get a note that says "MVPS HOST file cannot be downloaded because there is a problem with the contents of the Hosts (1) file. I assume that is referring to the contents of the existing...
  7. enable windows script host

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    enable windows script host: Help me please, I cannot find how to enable windows script host. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/enable-windows-script-host/99c42619-8537-416c-86dc-e6f27449fa72
  8. Setting download destination in Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Setting download destination in Edge.: Is there any way to get Microsoft Edge to ask every time where to download files like you can in IE 8 and up, instead of just setting it to 1 folder at a time. 30605
  9. Enable or Disable Sync Microsoft Edge Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sync Microsoft Edge Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sync Microsoft Edge Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sync Microsoft Edge Settings in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be...
  10. Enable Download to Host from WDAG Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable Download to Host from WDAG Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: How to: Enable Download to Host from WDAG Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Enable Download to Host from Windows Defender Application Guard Microsoft Edge session in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is...