Windows 10: Enable 'Always Ask Before Opening This Type of File' in Outlook 2016

Discus and support Enable 'Always Ask Before Opening This Type of File' in Outlook 2016 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I accidentally remove the checkbox 'Always Ask Before Opening This Type of File' when opening an attachment in outlook 2016 on windows 10. Anyone... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by papajohn777, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Enable 'Always Ask Before Opening This Type of File' in Outlook 2016

I accidentally remove the checkbox 'Always Ask Before Opening This Type of File' when opening an attachment in outlook 2016 on windows 10.
    Anyone knows how i can restore this please? *Mad
    i find that you can resolve this by deleting the long string number in the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\AttachmentExecute.
    Problem is that this key is not in win10 registry

:)

papajohn777, Mar 1, 2018

2. "Always ask before opening this file" - why can I not just open my pictures, jpg? How to disable

That "Reset" option is a great choice when there seems to be problems with the system and you just want to get it in good working order. When you use that, you can tell it to keep all your files/apps/settings. But just one note: you will need to install
    again any desktop-based programs (for example, your favorite web browser or office software). Still, it's an option that means you can basically have a pristine "like new" experience without losing all your settings and files, and it takes only about 20 minutes
    (plus the time to reinstall your favorite browser and such). You'd probably be done in under an hour.

Even though it should be completely safe, I'd still suggest making a backup of your files you care about before starting it off. Always better to be extra careful.

I will say that after updates, sometimes it runs background processes that take a lot of time and can make even a well-equipped computer feel slow. I usually recommend to set your power options to "do not sleep" and let it run overnight to finish all the
    background work after the updates.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 1, 2018
  3. "Always ask before opening this file" - why can I not just open my pictures, jpg? How to disable

This isn't from UAC nor WebRoot. The file is correctly marked with the "mark of the web" bit, but that should not be causing the warning you see. The warning is only intended to happen with files that are potentially dangerous (jpg is not one that is set
    to show the message usually).

I suspect you could fix this by resetting your security settings for downloads to default. Here's how:

• Open the Run box (
      Enable 'Always Ask Before Opening This Type of File' in Outlook 2016 [​IMG]
      +R) and run the command
      inetcpl.cpl
    • On the Security tab, click "reset all zones to default", then click OK.
    • Restart your computer, then try downloading a picture again and opening it

If that doesn't work, I'd like to know. But my next suggestion just in case is still as follows (only if the above doesn't work).

• From the Run box, open gpedit.msc
    • Go to User Config > Admin Templates > Windows Components > Attachment Manager
    • Open the Low Risk item and set JPG as a low-risk file type
    • Restart your computer, then try downloading a picture again and opening it

If you don't have Pro edition, you won't be able to use GPEDIT to make the change. If that's the case, go to this website for instructions on how to do the same thing using Notepad: How to Turn Off and Disable "Do You Want to Run This File?" Warning in Windows 7 and Vista | Web Talk

Let me know how it goes.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 1, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable 'Always Ask Before Opening This Type of File' in Outlook 2016

Hello papaJohn, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

What file type was this for?

Brink, Mar 1, 2018
  5. its for all file types. i usually open pdf, doc, xls etc

papajohn777, Mar 1, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 1, 2018
  7. thanks but didn't work *Sad

papajohn777, Mar 1, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 1, 2018
  9. thanks again, didn't work, it opens the file with windows default program without prompt *Banghead
    there must be a registry setting for win 10...

papajohn777, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Enable 'Always Ask Before Opening This Type of File' in Outlook 2016 - Similar Threads - Enable 'Always Ask

2. Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning in Microsoft Dynamics...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning in Microsoft Dynamics...: I unchecked "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" from File Security Download dialog box when downloading .XML files from within Microsoft Dynamics Navision 2018 and the warning box is not showing anymore. What I want is to revert the settings again so that the dialog...
  3. Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning in Microsoft Dynamics...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning in Microsoft Dynamics...: I unchecked "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" from File Security Download dialog box when downloading .XML files from within Microsoft Dynamics Navision 2018 and the warning box is not showing anymore. What I want is to revert the settings again so that the dialog...
  4. Re-enabling 'Always ask before opening this file type' check box in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Re-enabling 'Always ask before opening this file type' check box in Windows 10: Hi, Is there any way of re-enabling the check box 'Always ask before opening this file type' in Windows 10? It is for a .docx file. I have tried removing the default program association through regedit, but cannot find anything online that shows how to re-enable this tick...
  5. How to enable Always ask before opening such a file in Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable Always ask before opening such a file in Win10: such as .exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-always-ask-before-opening-such-a/195e7c2c-3b6f-4f3d-98e4-ae388affecec
  6. Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box in Internet...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enable: Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box in Internet...: I accidentally uncheck "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" from File Security Download dialog box and the warning box is not showing anymore. What I want is to revert the settings again so that the dialog box will appear again. Please help. Tried searching a work...
  7. How to Re-enable "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Re-enable "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" Security Warning Check Box...: I accidentally uncheck "Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File" from File Security Download dialog box and the warning box is not showing anymore. What I want is to revert the settings again so that the dialog box will appear again. Please help. Tried searching a work...
  8. Outlook always asks for a password...

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook always asks for a password...: hi guys, i know this problem exists for years already, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013. I tried everything, like deleting the credential in Credential Manager. Recreating the user account does not help, tried that, problem comes back. So this must have...
  9. Disable 'Always Ask Before Opening This File'

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable 'Always Ask Before Opening This File': When I'm about to install an .exe file I get a security warning with the heading, "Do you want to run this file" along with an option to, "Always ask before opening this file." I checked off that option and I disabled UAC. I don't want to see this message again when I install...
  10. Reenable 'Always ask before opening this file'

in Windows 10 Support
    Reenable 'Always ask before opening this file': How do I reenable back the 'Always ask before opening this file' security popup for a .js script file? It is normally executed by Microsoft Windows Based Script Host. While it is annoying for everytime I double-clicked it instead of right-clicking it to edit the code,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. always ask before opening this type of file

2. enable always ask before opening outlook

3. revert always ask before opening on outlook

4. always ask before opening,
  5. how to enable warning when opening attachment in outlook,
  6. ask before opening file in outlook,
  7. Re-enable Always Ask Before Opening this Type of File ,
  8. GPO always ask bfoire opening file outlook,
  9. how to turn on alway ask before opening this type of file in outlook,
  10. always ask before opening this type of file outlook,
  11. whenever open any attachment in outlook it always ask how do you want to open cant keep the default app to open :solved,
  12. always ask before opening outlook 2013 disable,
  13. Always ask before opening this type of file outlook 365,
  14. how to disable always ask in outollk,
  15. regedit always ask before opening this type of file