Windows 10: Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup

Discus and support Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello all, The issue I am currently having is enabling NumLock before the logon, I have modified the corresponding registry key (Find attached my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wh0pper28, Nov 17, 2015.

1. wh0pper28 Win User

Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup

Hello all,

The issue I am currently having is enabling NumLock before the logon, I have modified the corresponding registry key (Find attached my screenshot below) and that works perfectly fine when restarting my PC, however I have fast-startup (Screenshot also below) enabled and if I shutdown my PC and then boot it up again, NumLock is disabled by default. I have made numerous searches and can't seem to find any information in regards to Fast-startup or any registry keys linked to it and I don't particularly want to disable Fast-startup. Just to clarify, NumLock is always enabled before logon when booting up my PC and Fast-startup is disabled, however with Fast-startup enabled, NumLock is only enabled when restarting my computer.

Does anyone have any information in relation to this or possibly a solution?
    Thanks in advance!

Regards

Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup [​IMG]

Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup [​IMG]

:)

wh0pper28, Nov 17, 2015
  2. JimWynne Win User

Fast Startup in WX disables NUM LOCK key

This is a known issue, and the only way around it is to disable fast startup. I have fast startup enabled and use a PIN, and find that pressing the numlock key before entering the PIN is not much of a hardship.

JimWynne, Nov 17, 2015
  3. Numlock on startup unpredictable on new Windows 10 1511

Microsoft,

Why is this acceptable? Why does Fast Startup cause an issue with a BIOS setting that indicates the NumLock should be on? It seems to me that the BIOS should control this regardless of whether Fast Startup is enabled or not. Will you be fixing this rather
    annoying issue?

bankmathguy, Nov 17, 2015
  4. Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup

Have you checked your BIOS settings?

Usually it's something that is configured in there

garydexter, Nov 17, 2015
  5. wh0pper28 Win User
    Yes, sorry I neglected to mention the BIOS is relatively limited and there doesn't appear to be any option related to NumLock.

wh0pper28, Nov 17, 2015
  6. Steve C Win User
    This is the fix which just worked for me:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

• Turn off fast start-up (if not already off)
    • Run REGEDIT and go to HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard
    • Change the value of InitialKeyboardIndicators to 2147483650
    • Reboot & turn on fast start up (if you want it)

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup

1. Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup - Similar Threads - Enable NumLock Fast

2. This question is not about the BIOS setting for enabling numlock key on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    This question is not about the BIOS setting for enabling numlock key on startup: This question is not about the BIOS setting for enabling numlock key on startup.It is about how to enable the numlock key at startup and simultaneously disable the key so it can not be turned off when accidentally hit on a laptop.I know the key can be glued down on a desktop...
  3. Windows Updates may fail if Fast Startup is enabled

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Updates may fail if Fast Startup is enabled: [ATTACH]Fast Startup on Windows 10, as the name suggests, helps you boot your computer back on quickly after you have restarted it. An attribute of the Fast Startup feature is that it could potentially prevent certain updates from installing on your Windows 10 system. In this...
  4. Fast Startup not working even when its enabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Startup not working even when its enabled: I have enabled fast startup in the control panel but still it does not work. A few days ago, it was working correctly and I had no problem. But nowadays, it does not work even when I have enabled it. I tried disabling restarting and enabling restarting, but nothing worked....
  5. permanently enable numlock?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    permanently enable numlock?: i've enabled numlock at startup by editing the registry and disabling fast startup without realizing it was only to toggle it on at startup (which it was already doing). how can i prevent numlock from disabling entirely? i've been looking for a while and it's for a problem in...
  6. BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled: I have an Intel NUC which is having BSOD only at shutdown, with Windows 10. I have narrowed it down to the fast startup feature. If disable it shutdows properly, without BSOD. If it is enabled, it display BSOD just before shutdown. I have latest BIOS and latest drivers. Can...
  7. Can't Enable Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Enable Fast Startup: Hi, guys. I can't see a way to enable fast startup in my H P laptop running W10 Home. I go to the power settings section (following instructions from the Internet). and there is no check box to enable fast startup. Any ideas? Thanks/ 122620
  8. Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?: Hi all - Do you think that Fast Startup should be enabled in W10? Yes or no? Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials Please explain your reasoning. Thanks! *Smile 111734
  9. Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled: Hey there! I have this strange problem since I have installed 2x8GB DDR3 memory on my Desktop computer. Sometimes when I start the computer with Fast Startup enabled I have BSOD with ... well you will see in the dmp files - DRIVER IRQ LESS OR EQUAL, NTSOKRNL or...
  10. Slippery Registry Changes (NumLock) in Win10: Fast Startup is Culprit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Slippery Registry Changes (NumLock) in Win10: Fast Startup is Culprit: Hi, I want to share a summary of what I think I learned in finally resolving my problem with tweaking my Win10 registry to keep NumLock on. Short version: "Fast Startup", a feature in Windows 10 (which is turned on by default during installation of Win10), runs when...