Windows 10: Enable or Disable chrome.exe Volume Control and Media Key Handling

Discus and support Enable or Disable chrome.exe Volume Control and Media Key Handling in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable chrome.exe Volume Control and Media Key Handling How to Enable or Disable chrome.exe Volume Control and Hardware Media Key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Enable or Disable chrome.exe Volume Control and Media Key Handling

How to: Enable or Disable chrome.exe Volume Control and Media Key Handling

How to Enable or Disable chrome.exe Volume Control and Hardware Media Key Handling in Google Chrome

Starting in Google Chrome 75, you can enable or disable the Hardware Media Key Handling flag for using media keys on your keyboard to control the active media session.

For example, if you press the Volume Up, Volume Down, or Mute media keys on your keyboard, you will see chrome.exe media controls (Reverse, Play/Pause, Forward) next to the volume control on your desktop that you can use to control the active media session in Google Chrome.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the chrome.exe Hardware Media Key Handling and volume control feature in Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Contents
    • Option One: Enable Chrome.exe Volume Control and Hardware Media Key Handling
    • Option Two: Disable Chrome.exe Volume Control and Hardware Media Key Handling

EXAMPLE: chrome.exe media controls next to the volume control on desktop

Enable or Disable chrome.exe Volume Control and Media Key Handling [​IMG]

OPTION ONE [/i] Enable Chrome.exe Volume Control and Hardware Media Key Handling
    This is the default setting.

1 Open Google Chrome.

2 Copy and paste the link below into the address bar of Chrome, and press Enter.
    chrome://flags/#enable-media-session-service
    3 Select Default or Enabled in the Media Session Service flag drop down menu. (see screenshots below)

4 Copy and paste the link below into the address bar of Chrome, and press Enter.
    chrome://flags/#hardware-media-key-handling
    5 Select Default or Enabled in the Hardware Media Key Handling flag drop down menu.

6 Click/tap on the RELAUNCH NOW button at the bottom to apply.

OPTION TWO [/i] Disable Chrome.exe Volume Control and Hardware Media Key Handling
    1 Open Google Chrome.

2 Copy and paste the link below into the address bar of Chrome, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
    chrome://flags/#hardware-media-key-handling
    3 Select Disabled in the Hardware Media Key Handling flag drop down menu.

4 Click/tap on the RELAUNCH NOW button at the bottom to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Jun 28, 2018
  2. Edwin Win User

Enable Chrome.exe Volume Control and Hardware Media Key Handling

Sorta better....

Edwin, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User

OSD should show which browser has OSD focus, 2 videos in the same category, by the same uploader shows no difference except maybe for the thumbnail...
    (click on image to play)

Example:

Edwin, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Edwin Win User

... or better yet...

OSD controls in the Taskbar thumbnail...

Edwin, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  6. hsehestedt, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable chrome.exe Volume Control and Media Key Handling - Similar Threads - Enable Disable chrome

2. Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard volume keys not controlling master volume: Hi all, I have a microsoft scuplt keyboard. The volume keys on it control my Yeti mic output volume level, instead of the system master volume, for some reason. How can I make the controls attach to the master volume instead of picking one of my audio output devices seemingly...
  3. media key handling controlling

in Windows 10 Customization
    media key handling controlling: so I used to have this and I controlled it with my headset volume buttoncloud flight, now I have switched it to arctic 7 wireless and this is not working with the volume button. I tried to go to the google flags something page and switch from default to enabled but it's still...
  4. Enable or disable Hardware Media Key Handling in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or disable Hardware Media Key Handling in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge comes with some really good features like accent colors, a two-page layout […] This article Enable or disable Hardware Media Key Handling in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. volume control keys

volume control keys: HI Folks i recently put a new SSD in my Asus N55SF and put Winows 10 Home on it. i have done all the updates and running 1909. However there are some volume control keys on left of the keyboard and i cant get them to work. Has anyone else come across this and know how to...
  6. volume control keys

volume control keys: HI Folks i recently put a new SSD in my Asus N55SF and put Winows 10 Home on it. i have done all the updates and running 1909. However there are some volume control keys on left of the keyboard and i cant get them to work. Has anyone else come across this and know how to...
  7. Disabling volume control on Bluetooth keyboard

Disabling volume control on Bluetooth keyboard: I need to disable the volume control button on my microsoft designer bluetooth keyboard, how do I do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disabling-volume-control-on-bluetooth-keyboard/b964068f-eb0b-4ac1-9855-273f6f5e3889
  8. Chrome Volume Control

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Volume Control: So, does anyone know how to keep this from popping up everytime I press the volume control buttons on my keyboard? [img] 134474
  9. Enable or Disable Global Media Controls in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Global Media Controls in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Global Media Controls in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Global Media Controls in Google Chrome Starting with Google Chrome 77, you can enable the Global Media Controls experimental flag that adds a Play button to the toolbar of Google...
  10. Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store. Sometimes you may need or want to temporarily completely disable an added extension in Google Chrome...