Windows 10: Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Good news so far. You should be able to use one of the options in the tutorial below to boot back into normal mode. *Smile... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by poolwizard, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10

Brink, Dec 17, 2016

2. Thank you! I'm out of safe mode and back to normal!

InfiniteAlpha, Dec 17, 2016
  3. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I'm happy to hear all is well now. *Smile

Brink, Dec 17, 2016
  4. jimmiwill Win User

Hello, I just followed option FOUR. However, now every action requiring admin rights opens a window demanding admin username and password. No matter what I put in, it says "the request operation requires elevation". What do I do now?

jimmiwill, Apr 24, 2017
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 24, 2017
  6. jimmiwill Win User
    Hello Brink, the only name that shows up under Members is "Administrator".

I am also unable to do anything related to UAC Settings because I am not an administrator! What do I do? I thought option FOUR would give me access to the admin account.

Edit: the account is not an administrator, but I followed option FOUR, and then proceeded to rebbot my computer. I used option FOUR because I had accidently removed admin privileges from my personal user account.

jimmiwill, Apr 24, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Were you able to sign in to the "Administrator" account?

If so, then it appears that you may have also removed administrator rights for the built-in Administrator account somehow if it is not by default anymore.

Brink, Apr 24, 2017
  8. jimmiwill Win User

To log into the Administrator account, it says I need a smart card? I don't even know what that is. BTW, thank you for the quick responses.

jimmiwill, Apr 24, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 24, 2017
  10. jimmiwill Win User
    I do not have any options on the Administrator sign in screen. The only option I have is to Sign in, which leads to a smart card is required.

I am not entirely sure by what a domain means. My laptap only had one account on it, which was my personal user account. It had administrator privileges, until I stupidely removed all rights from the account.

I really don't know what to do anymore.

jimmiwill, Apr 24, 2017
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you don't see "Administrator" on the Sign-in screen, then it didn't get enabled.

If you like, you might try Option 4 again to see if you may have just made a mistake or missed something the first time.

12. jimmiwill Win User
    Administrator is on the Sign-in screen, however I am unable to log onto it because it requires a smart card, which I do not have (or have never heard of for that matter).

jimmiwill, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Elevated Administrator account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Elevated

2. Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Administrator Account has been disabled on Windows 10: This article mentions various methods to fix your disabled administrator account on Windows 10. To access most of the features, you need administrator privilege on your PC. And, if you are not able to access the administrator account for some reason, it can prevent you from...
  3. Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation policy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enumerate administrator accounts on elevation policy: I am the only one using my laptop and I set the UAC elevation prompt to Prompt for Credentials on the Secure Desktop for local Admin accounts which I prefer to use....
  4. Enable Administrator account through user account in windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Enable Administrator account through user account in windows 10: Dear All, I just created a local user account in windows 10 pro. But unfortunately, I disable the administrator account and restart the system. i wanted to enable administrator account again now but its showing access is denied error. Can anyone suggest me to enable...
  5. Elevated administrator name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Elevated administrator name: On the cmd prompt I entered a name for the "elevated administrator". Now I want to change it but I forgot what it was, and I need to know what it is to change it. How or where can I go in win 10 to see what it is?*Redface 36592
  6. Windows 10 automatically disabled my administrator account

Windows 10 automatically disabled my administrator account: So I have an old admin account on my computer, that I dont remember the password for because I haven't used it in over a year. I started using my administrator account and when I upgraded to win10, it automatically disabled my administrator account and now i can't login to...
  7. Administrative account disabled

Administrative account disabled: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and wanted to get rid of the login screen password and turn off UAC because I find both of them annoying. After I tried to disable the main user password, it basically removed all permissions from my profile and I couldn't access...
  8. Access denied disabling Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied disabling Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account: Following an internet tutorial to disable Group Policies at start-up, I've found out somewhere on my PC ( domain=9PP0802 ) that I only had read permissions. Full Control, was in the hand of the mighty Built-in Elevated "Administrator" Account. So I've tried to change...
  9. See if Process is Running as Administrator (elevated) in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    See if Process is Running as Administrator (elevated) in Windows 10: How to: See if Process is Running as Administrator (elevated) in Windows 10 [img] Information A process is an instance of a program that is being executed. Each process running in Windows is assigned a unique decimal number called the process ID, or PID. Some...
  10. Enable or Disable Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Account in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Account in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable User Accounts in Windows 10 User accounts help control which files and apps each person can use and what changes they can make to the PC. If you have a user account that you want to make...