Windows 10: Enable or Disable Emoji Context Menu in Google Chrome in Windows

Discus and support Enable or Disable Emoji Context Menu in Google Chrome in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Emoji Context Menu in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Emoji Picker Context Menu in Google Chrome in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by mrgolfr, Jun 15, 2016.

1. mrgolfr Win User

Enable or Disable Emoji Context Menu in Google Chrome in Windows

How to: Enable or Disable Emoji Context Menu in Google Chrome in Windows

How to Enable or Disable Emoji Picker Context Menu in Google Chrome in Windows

Starting with Google Chrome 68, you can set a flag for an experimental feature to enable or disable the Emoji picker item in context menus for editable text areas.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the Emoji picker item in context menus for editable text areas in Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10.

EXAMPLE: Emoji picker in Google Chrome

Enable or Disable Emoji Context Menu in Google Chrome in Windows [​IMG]

Here's How:

1. Open Google Chrome.

2. Copy and paste the link below into the address bar of Chrome, and press Enter.
    *Arrow chrome://flags/#enable-emoji-context-menu
    3. Select the Emoji Context Menu flag setting (Default, Enabled, or Disabled) you want in the drop down menu. (see screenshot below)

4. Click/tap on the RELAUNCH NOW button at the bottom to apply.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

mrgolfr, Jun 15, 2016
  2. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 27, 2019
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    How do I turn off all text emojis?

Hmm, I forgot Windows even has an emoji option and found I have the 'Don't close panel...' option enabled.

I've just played with a bunch of settings and can't even work out how to activate the emoji panel (thankfully), but...

"Don't close panel automatically after an emoji has been entered."

- Translates to - When you select an emoji to use the panel will stay in your face if you have the box ticked.

All the first article does is tell you to clear the tic box to disable the option that leaves the panel on your screen.

So, the first article does not address the issue of saying goodbye to the emoji 'feature', or make it available for that matter.

- Ah Ha! I just found these links at the bottom of the first article
    . Have you been using the Widnows key in conjunction with

the period key ? Still does not uninstall the feature from Windows, but may show why it is popping up.

(maybe hitting the Windows keyinstead of Shift, Ctrl or Alt ? )

entering-emoji-hardware-keyboard-emoji-panel-windows-10-

If you use Google Chrome web browser check this one...

-enable-disable-emoji-context-menu-google-chrome-windows

- Or, because you are also having issues with your mouse cursor, I wonder if you machine may have another software\app installed that

is wreaking this havoc ?

Most machines from the big mfg's such as DELL come with a bloatware bundle, so you may want to investigate that option if all else fails ?

BossDweeb, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Enable or Disable Emoji Context Menu in Google Chrome in Windows

Problem with New Context Menu

The option to add a new Rich Text File seems to have disappeared from my Context Menu and I'm not sure why.

I'm not computer savvy, but after a bit of Googling I read how you can add and delete options from the New Context Menu though the Registry Editor. When I went to check it the .rtf folder under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT still has it's ShellNew folder so I'm not
    sure what the issue is or if perhaps there's something wrong with it. I also found a tool to easily enable/disable file types on the New Context Menu, and .rtf is listed along with everything else and checked off as "enabled" but for some reason is not showing
    up, even after I tried disabling and enabling it a couple of times. This is extremely frustrating as that's the file type I use the most.

Any suggestions as to what the problem is or how to fix it?

MadeOfKittens, Oct 27, 2019
  5. How do I turn off all text emojis?

Well, the Chrome option doesn't work, because emoji-context-menu isn't listed in the available side. I get several dozen options (yes, I scrolled through all of them) none are the emoji-context-menu. I tried entering emoji is the Search Flag box, but I got
    no results. I tried Menu only five have menu in the "title" for lack of a better term, and several more have menu in the description, but none of them reference emojis. Entering context menu provides three results none of them have anything to do with emojis.

I thought maybe not adding the dash between words was the problem. Nope just tried context-menu and emoji-context-menu and I still get nothing available.

Thank you for trying to help.

HeatherSweeny, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Stitch194 Win User

Thanks Shawn for the tutorial. However, I saw this windows tip yesterday for opening and inserting emoji. To open Press Win Key+. (period) works great.

Stitch194, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Enable or Disable Emoji Context Menu in Google Chrome in Windows - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Emoji

2. Disable emojis in right-click context menu in new Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disable emojis in right-click context menu in new Edge: Emojis in right-click context menu in new Edge is driving me crazy. How can one disable this and get back to a productive web browser? Otherwise, please suggest a productive web browser....
  3. Enable or Disable New Tab Page Customization Menu in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable New Tab Page Customization Menu in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable New Tab Page Customization Menu in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable New Tab Page Customization Menu version 2 in Google Chrome When you have Google set as your default search engine in Google Chrome, you can open a New Tab page Ctrl+N in...
  4. Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Extensions in Google Chrome You can customize extensions from the Chrome Web Store. Sometimes you may need or want to temporarily completely disable an added extension in Google Chrome...
  5. Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Sync in Google Chrome in Windows To save your info to your Google Account, you would sign in to Google Chrome and turn on sync. What happens when you sync: You can see and update...
  6. Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Saving Passwords in Google Chrome in Windows By default in Offer to save passwords. When turned on, Google Chrome can remember your passwords for different sites....
  7. Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows If you dont want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can browse the web privately in Incognito mode. However, downloads and...
  8. Enable or Disable Tab Audio Muting in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Tab Audio Muting in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Tab Audio Muting in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Tab Audio Muting in Google Chrome in Windows In Google Chrome, you can enable or disable a flag for an experimental feature to be able to quickly mute or unmute a tab by clicking on the...
  9. Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome in Windows In Google Chrome, you can enable or disable a flag for an experimental feature to animate smoothly when scrolling page content in Google...
  10. Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10 You can open a context menu in the Start Menu by right clicking or pressing and holding on an app's tile on the Start screen or...