Windows 10: Enable pinning PowerPoint documents to the taskbar (Win10)

Discus and support Enable pinning PowerPoint documents to the taskbar (Win10) in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Recently something happened with my Windows 10, as I am not able to pin any PowerPoint documents to the taskbar (I still can pin the icon of the app)... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Pliusiukas, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Enable pinning PowerPoint documents to the taskbar (Win10)

Recently something happened with my Windows 10, as I am not able to pin any PowerPoint documents to the taskbar (I still can pin the icon of the app) and can't see recent documents. Here's the result when I right-click on the icon ("Recent" and "Pinned" menus disappeared):

Enable pinning PowerPoint documents to the taskbar (Win10) [​IMG]

I would like the menu to look like the result of right-clicking on the Excel's icon (with "Recent" and "Pinned" menus; file names blurred on purpose):

Enable pinning PowerPoint documents to the taskbar (Win10) [​IMG]

How can I re-enable this kind of menu for PowerPoint?

:)

Pliusiukas, Jun 20, 2017
  2. MikeIP6 Win User

How to pin applications to taskbar with windows 10

Hi,

Just bought a new PC with Windows 10 and installed MS Office Home & Student 2016

I can pin Word to both Start and Taskbar

BUT the option to pin to Taskbar does not appear for either Excel or Powerpoint when I right click on their icon - whether they are on the desktop, in the list of Apps in the start menu or even in the programs folder in the bowels of the file system

How can I pin Excel to the Taskbar?

MikeIP6, Jun 20, 2017
  3. theking2 Win User
    Cannot unpin documents from taskbar

Document items pinned to the taskbar are no longer available. Yet the entry in pinned documents is still there and unpinning (or deleting) has no effect.

Where is the information for pinned documents stored?

theking2, Jun 20, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Enable pinning PowerPoint documents to the taskbar (Win10)

Welcome to TenForums @Pliusiukas

'This kind of menu' is called a Jump List. There is no option to turn on or off the jump list for an individual app, so it seems the 'something' that happened was that Powerpoint's jump list got corrupted. Each app has it's own jump list, stored in the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations folder*. Unfortunately these are databases that have indecipherable names and contents, If only you could identify which one was Powerpoint's then deleting it would probably fix the problem.

Deleting them all would fix it too, but this would remove all your Recent and Pinned items for all your apps - it's the 'nuclear option' if all else fails. This can safely be done using 'Option One: Reset and Clear "Recent Items" and "Frequent Places" using a BAT file' from this tutorial.

Reset and Clear Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10

You could try Option Two (or Three) first. These will remove all Recent items for all apps, but Pinned items will remain.

* nb: this AutomaticDestinations folder is specifically hidden from view in File Explorer, you won't see it even if you have it set to show hidden items and system files. You can only see its contents by typing its full path into the address bar at the top of File Explorer.

5. Thenkyou for explanations, @Bree
    The 'nuclear option' worked.

Pliusiukas, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Enable pinning PowerPoint documents to the taskbar (Win10)

1. Enable pinning PowerPoint documents to the taskbar (Win10) - Similar Threads - Enable pinning PowerPoint

2. can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't add new documents to pinned word shortcuts on taskbar: I've got 4 pinned now when I right click on the word tab on the taskbar I see those 4 and a bunch of recently used Word files. When I try to add a new pinned document by dragging it to the word tab on the taskbar, it doesn't work. Anyone know what to do about that?...
  3. Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar: Hi,under Windows 10 I could drag & drop any file e.g. docx or xlsx to the Word/Excel icon, which is pinned on my taskbar. When righ-clicking on the Excel icon, I could see my pinned Excel files. Same with Word: I saw all my pinned documents. Windows 11 doesn't let me drag &...
  4. Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin a document to my pinned app in the taskbar: Hi,under Windows 10 I could drag & drop any file e.g. docx or xlsx to the Word/Excel icon, which is pinned on my taskbar. When righ-clicking on the Excel icon, I could see my pinned Excel files. Same with Word: I saw all my pinned documents. Windows 11 doesn't let me drag &...
  5. Saving Documents and Powerpoints

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Saving Documents and Powerpoints: I have been doing papers and projects on my laptop for over a year now and nothing has gone wrong, but I have been trying to save those papers and projects and I save them to my documents and make sure I save them multiple times throughout the process, but when I would open...
  6. Autosave documents in Word, Excel, Powerpoint

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Autosave documents in Word, Excel, Powerpoint: There is now a "feature" which has lost me documents (or would have had I not had backups). As many people do, I sometimes load an old document to act as a template, making suitable amendments and saving it under a new name. The problem is that unless I remember to...
  7. Enable or Disable Pin and Unpin Apps on Taskbar in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Pin and Unpin Apps on Taskbar in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Pin and Unpin Apps on Taskbar in Windows How to Enable or Disable "Pin to taskbar" and "Unpin from taskbar" for Apps in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display...
  8. Enable or Disable Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows How to Enable or Disable Pinned Apps on Taskbar in Windows Windows includes a special application desktop toolbar called the taskbar that shows on the bottom of a display screen by default. The taskbar allows...
  9. New Document Inspector for Excel, PowerPoint, and Word

in Windows 10 News
    New Document Inspector for Excel, PowerPoint, and Word: Beginning with the November and December 2014 updates for Microsoft Office 2013 and 2010, several enhancements are being added to the Document Inspector, also known as the “Check for Issues” tool in Excel, PowerPoint and Word. The Document Inspector helps you to prepare your...
  10. Will 'Documents' pin to taskbar in 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Will 'Documents' pin to taskbar in 10?: Wonder if this will work in 10? Configure Shortcut thusly: ==================================== Target: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15\WINWORD.EXE" C: \Users\Pam\Documents\PHONE.DOC Start In: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot