Windows 10: Enable the microsoft services that were disabled to fix an install problem

Discus and support Enable the microsoft services that were disabled to fix an install problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; While having troble installing siftware for my HP printer, I was instructed to disable the microsoft services. I took a photo of the page so I could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TreasaSkiles, May 27, 2020.

1. Enable the microsoft services that were disabled to fix an install problem

While having troble installing siftware for my HP printer, I was instructed to disable the microsoft services. I took a photo of the page so I could enable them when the install was complete, but now cannot find the prompt to enable the services. Please advise.

:)

TreasaSkiles, May 27, 2020
  2. axe0 Win User

Disabling superfetch service may fix Nvidia freezes

Enable the microsoft services that were disabled to fix an install problem [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Enable the microsoft services that were disabled to fix an install problem [​IMG]
    Clean boot
    Please try the following:
    • Open taskmanager
      • Go to the tab startup
      • disable everything
    • Search msconfig and open it
      • Go to the tab services
      • Check 'hide microsoft services'
      • Uncheck all other services
      • Click apply and click ok
    • Reboot if asked
    See if the problem persist, if the problem does not persist enable in the startup tab in taskmanager 1 item and in the services tab in msconfig also 1 service, reboot and see if the problem persist. Keep doing this until you find the culprit or there is nothing left.
    If the problem still persist, try booting in safe mode and see if the problem still persist

3. LMiller7 Win User
    Advise on disabling services

Why do you wish to disable system services?

The problem is that there are many services on your list that may cause problems if disabled. Nobody can know for certain which ones they are. It would take a long time to go through the list to make even an educated guess about each service. And that guess may be wrong. Microsoft does not publish a full description of what each service does. A service may be safe to disable today but may cause problems after the next Windows update, or after the next application you install, or after the next update to an application. There will likely be no obvious relationship with the problem to the disabled service, or even that the problem had anything to do with a service at all. Most applications that rely on a service will simply fail if it is not running with no hint of the cause.

LMiller7, May 27, 2020
  4. Enable the microsoft services that were disabled to fix an install problem

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Enable the microsoft services that were disabled to fix an install problem

1. Enable the microsoft services that were disabled to fix an install problem - Similar Threads - Enable microsoft services

2. windows service disable and cannot enable it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows service disable and cannot enable it: windows service disable and cannot enable itplease anyone tell and please dont tell to reset pc plz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-service-disable-and-cannot-enable-it/5def58fc-8307-4831-9345-b4d6352c9ab7
  3. gaming services is disabled and dont get enable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gaming services is disabled and dont get enable: how can i put this on automatic https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gaming-services-is-disabled-and-dont-get-enable/8ec4c940-20dd-45a9-86d9-55c554fbc2eb
  4. Disabled services fix

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabled services fix: I think this is a fairly common problem but I haven't found a fix. For some unknow reason several services set them selves to disabled, such as windows updates, search, storage and more. Despite setting them back to automatic when my system restarts they all return back...
  5. How to enable or disable Windows Installer Service on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Windows Installer Service on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows Installer service (msiserver) manages all the installation process of the Windows operating system. […] This article How to enable or disable Windows Installer Service on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Firewall service disabled and can't enable it back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall service disabled and can't enable it back: [ATTACH] Firewall service is disabled and as you see above it's grayed out and i can't change anything , so i need help on how to fix this and turn it back on Keep in mind that this issue occurred before installing an antivirus , but i recently installed kaspersky and ran a...
  7. Windows update service disabled and cannot enable it

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows update service disabled and cannot enable it: Trying to install App from Windows store but it need windows update to work. So i try start the services but when i changed the startup service it say access denied. I don't know why i can't enable it again. 113987
  8. "There were problems installing updates"

"There were problems installing updates": As the thread title say... This is a screenshot of what I see when I try to run updates. [img] Here is a screenshot of my winver. [img] It's been like this since September 13, 2017. I also ran the Windows Update Mini Tool and still couldn't get updates....
  9. "There were problems installing some updates" fix?

"There were problems installing some updates" fix?: Keep trying to install an update and this error keeps popping up.. 30352
  10. Disable/Enable Problem Reporting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disable/Enable Problem Reporting: Where has this gone in the anniversary update? 63902