Windows 10: Enabling the "show background image on sign-in" sets a grey background on my lock screen

Discus and support Enabling the "show background image on sign-in" sets a grey background on my lock screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; As the title says. I've tried many workarounds that have been posted, powershell etc. but none worked. Here is an image. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by mariosaxa, Mar 10, 2019.

1. mariosaxa Win User

Enabling the "show background image on sign-in" sets a grey background on my lock screen

As the title says. I've tried many workarounds that have been posted, powershell etc. but none worked.

Here is an image.

Enabling the "show background image on sign-in" sets a grey background on my lock screen 02e21dd1-934c-4d65-b42f-7885459d5c8b?upload=true.png

:)

mariosaxa, Mar 10, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Can't set background picture on sign-in screen

Hello Rob, *Smile

Odd. Just to verify, did you scroll down all the way on the Lock Screen settings page?

*Arrow Show Lock Screen Background on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 | Tutorials

If this setting is missing, then you may have disabled the sign in screen background. Enabling it should restore this setting if this is the case.

*Arrow Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Brink, Mar 10, 2019
  3. jaredt Win User
    Lock screen background image does not appear (Anniversary Update)

Hi folks,

Background

• A year or more ago I followed [this guide](How to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10) to set the Sign-in screen to a single colour rather than having to use Microsoft's default background image.
    • So I set my own custom background image for the Lock screen (with no problem), and then once I hit a key to bring up the Sign-in screen it would should a solid background colour (happy days!).
    Issue

• I just upgraded to the Anniversary Update with no problems. My setup of Lock screen = custom image and Sign-in screen = solid colour was still working.
    • I read that Microsoft had changed it so that when you hit a key to bring up the Sign-in screen it would just keep your Lock screen image behind and show the password box on top. This sounded good to me so I ran the 'undo' script provided in the link above (the 'enable' script).
    • Now, when I lock my computer I see no image at all (a completely black background, but it's not broken because the date and time show up), and only when I hit a key to bring up the Sign-in screen do I see the custom Lock screen background image I selected. *Sad
    • The kicker is: if I go into the Lock screen settings and turn "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" OFF, then it reverts to my old custom setup: showing my selected Lock screen background image on the lock screen, but then showing a solid colour when I bring up the Sign-in screen :/
    I'm wondering if the registry setting changed at all for the Anniversary Update? I note that in the article and in the registry script they refer to it as "login/logon" whereas the setting in the Anniversary Update references "sign-in". Don't know if there's a clue there or it's just a red herring?

Can anyone help me get back to the default Anniversary Update behaviour (Lock screen background image shows on lock screen and sign-in screen)? Enabling the "show background image on sign-in" sets a grey background on my lock screen :)

UPDATE: Interestingly, when I do a restart, the default Anniversary Update behaviour works. Ie. it shows the background image on the first screen and also on the sign-in screen (is there a subtle difference between the first screen you see after powering up vs any subsequent lock screen?).

jaredt, Mar 10, 2019
  4. Enabling the "show background image on sign-in" sets a grey background on my lock screen

How to change sign-in screen (NOT lock screen) background?

Yes you can change the sign-in screen background.

Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10.

Follow these simple steps below together with these screenshots

from this guide

Step 1: Head over to your Settings and then
    Personalization.

Step 2: Once you’re here select the Lock screen tab and enable the
    Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen option.

If you want to change the background of your sign in screen then you can do that.

All you have to is just:

Step 1: Do you see that Windows Spotlight option? Yeah that gives you all the spectacular background images from various beautiful places in the world.

You can also select Picture or Slideshow if you want your own family photos, or pictures that you simply want to cherish each day by using it as your background on your Windows 10.

Do note that the image that you select here will appear as both your lock screen background and your sign in background.

If you instead want to go with a flat color rather than a background image itself then follow these simple steps:

Step 1: Go ahead and disable the Show lock screen background picture on the sign in screen.

Step 2: Once you have done that, head over to your Settings, then
    Personalization, and then finally Colors.

You can try and experiment with these three options and see what you like. Enabling the "show background image on sign-in" sets a grey background on my lock screen :)

Let me know how it goes.

Source: 2 Simple Steps to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10 - Saint

jakekovoor, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

Enabling the "show background image on sign-in" sets a grey background on my lock screen

1. Enabling the "show background image on sign-in" sets a grey background on my lock screen - Similar Threads - Enabling show background

2. Enable or Disable Show Lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Show Lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In Windows 10, you can decide how long you want each image to be […] This article Enable or Disable Show Lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Lock Screen Background Replaced by "Windows Sign-in" image, Cannot Sign-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Background Replaced by "Windows Sign-in" image, Cannot Sign-in: When I booted up my Toshiba Windows 10 this morning, the normal sign-in screen with the default changing-image Microsoft background was replaced by a blown-out image of a "Windows sign-in" box pictured here: https://i.imgur.com/q86fIRk.jpg. Typically, you click somewhere on...
  4. Lock Screen and Background settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen and Background settings: Can someone explain why my pictures on my Lock Screen and Background randomly change to Album Art picture I never even browsed. I reset to the pictures I want and within an hour they are changed out again. Then tell me how I can stop it from happening....
  5. Windows lock screen background images

Windows lock screen background images: Hi I use the random picture for my windows lock screen background similar to the one shown below [img] Well the other day I had one of a couple of otters in Homer Alaska and my wife fell in love with it. I was going to save it for her but with the holidays and all it...
  6. Windows lock screen background images

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows lock screen background images: Hi I use the random picture for my windows lock screen background similar to the one shown below [img] Well the other day I had one of a couple of otters in Homer Alaska and my wife fell in love with it. I was going to save it for her but with the holidays and all it...
  7. Unable to set a lock screen background image (Win10).

Unable to set a lock screen background image (Win10).: I am currently unable to set a lock screen background image (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit). When on the Lock Screen customization window, it is pretty bare with no images to choose from. Browsing and choosing any image results in nothing happening and it does not add it (refer to...
  8. Enable background image in both lock screen and login screen

Enable background image in both lock screen and login screen: Hello, Is it possible to enable a background image for both the login screen and the lock screen? Even if it is the same one. Thanks! 80425
  9. Background info on lock screen images?

Background info on lock screen images?: I typically like the lock screens that Windows 10 shows very much. Already several times I was wondering how to get more background info on the picture shown, specifically: where was that picture taken? Or like today: what village does it show? It's beautiful and I'ld...
  10. Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the sign in to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pictures for lock screen

2. lock screen windows 10