Windows 10: Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

Discus and support Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Chuck38, Jul 27, 2015.

1. Chuck38 Win User

Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

How to: Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

How to Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the sign in to Windows 10 with your account.

This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the sign-in screen background image for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to enable or disable the sign-in screen background image.

If you enable the sign-in screen background image, then the Hero wallpaper will be used as the background on the sign-in screen. When a user selects a color, it will only change the accent color on their sign in screen.

If you disable the sign-in screen background image, then a solid color will be used as the background on the sign-in screen. When a user selects a Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen option on the Lock screen settings page will be removed.

EXAMPLE: Sign in screen background image enabled and disabled

Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Here's How:

*note The .reg files below will add and change DWORD value in the registry key below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System

DisableLogonBackgroundImage DWORD

0 or delete = enable
    1 = disable

1. Do step 2 (enable) or step 3 (disable) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Enable Sign in Screen Background Image for All Users
    *note This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Enable_Sign_in_Background_Image.reg

Download

3. To Disable Sign in Screen Background Image for All Users
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Disable_Sign_in_Background_Image.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. If you like, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

8. Users will see the change the next time they sign in.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Chuck38, Jul 27, 2015

2. Windows 10 Login Screen - How to Modify

In short, No.I haven't seen an article like this where this could happen.Ten forums has following tutorials related to sign In screen:

• Sign-in Animation - Turn On or Off in Window 10
    • Sign-in Message for Users - Add in Windows 10
    • Sign-in on Wakeup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10
    • Sign-in Screen Accent Color - Change in Windows 10
    • Sign-in Screen Background Image - Change in Windows 10
    • Sign-in Screen Background Image - Enable or Disable in Windows 10
    • Sign-in Screen - Do Not Display User Name in Windows 10
    • Sign-in Screen - Enable or Disable Num Lock in Windows 10
    • Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Sumit Dhiman2, Jul 27, 2015
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    BossDweeb, Jul 27, 2015
  4. Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

Thanks so much! This was great and super helpful, that new login is the worst.

mintyfruitscake, Jul 29, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello mintyfruitscake, and welcome to Ten Forums.

I'm glad it was able to help. *Smile

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  6. jimbob Win User
    fantastic. I was looking for a way to get rid of that ugly wallpaper. thank you!

Is there a way to change the colour of the background to be black instead of blue?

jimbob, Jul 29, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  8. Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

Thanks again Shawn! *Biggrin

nomadgamer13, Jul 29, 2015
  9. GCASim Win User
    Is there a way to put a custom image? instead of a Solid Color?

GCASim, Jul 29, 2015
  10. Akane Win User
    Hey @Brink Thank you for this tutorials

Btw, Are there anyway to change that back ground image ? *Smile

Akane, Jul 29, 2015
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Not that I'm aware of currently. *Sad

Brink, Jul 29, 2015
  12. Akane Win User
    Thank you I am looking forword to see if I can change this in the future *Smile

Akane, Jul 29, 2015
  13. Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

Try to find the background file and change it for another image with the same format and resolution (dont forget to rename it as well). Im gonna try the same later. *Huh

protactinio, Jul 30, 2015
  14. wpcoe Win User
    Hmmm. I must be doing something wrong. I downloaded the Disable_Sign_in_Background_Image.reg file and seem to have successfully merged it into the registry:

But even after a reboot, I still have the (what I consider to be garish) Hero logo on the screen where I enter my password. What's up with that?

This is on a system upgraded from Win8.1 Pro to Win10 Pro.

Never mind. After a Windows Update installed, the sign-in screen is now a monocolor (turquoise?) color. Much better, even if it's not my color of choice.

wpcoe, Aug 1, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

1. Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Enable Disable Sign

2. Enable or Disable Show Lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Enable or Disable Show Lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In Windows 10, you can decide how long you want each image to be […] This article Enable or Disable Show Lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  3. Lock Screen Background Replaced by "Windows Sign-in" image, Cannot Sign-in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Background Replaced by "Windows Sign-in" image, Cannot Sign-in: When I booted up my Toshiba Windows 10 this morning, the normal sign-in screen with the default changing-image Microsoft background was replaced by a blown-out image of a "Windows sign-in" box pictured here: https://i.imgur.com/q86fIRk.jpg. Typically, you click somewhere on...
  4. Update to the background image of the Office 365 sign-in screens

in Windows 10 News
    Update to the background image of the Office 365 sign-in screens: I’d like to give you an early heads up on a visual design update that is coming to the Office 365 sign-in experience. These are the screens used to sign in to Microsoft's apps and services, including Office 365, Azure and Dynamics. We’re updating the...
  5. Enabling the "show background image on sign-in" sets a grey background on my lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Enabling the "show background image on sign-in" sets a grey background on my lock screen: As the title says. I've tried many workarounds that have been posted, powershell etc. but none worked. Here is an image. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/enabling-the-show-background-image-on-sign-in-sets/0cefff04-cfc3-4487-a358-b5867f8d70b7
  6. Enable background image in both lock screen and login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable background image in both lock screen and login screen: Hello, Is it possible to enable a background image for both the login screen and the lock screen? Even if it is the same one. Thanks! 80425
  7. Enable or Disable Changing Lock Screen Background in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Changing Lock Screen Background in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Changing Lock Screen Background in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Changing Lock Screen Background in Windows 10 [img] Information By default in Windows 10, users are able to change their lock screen background image to Windows Spotlight,...
  8. Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Email Address in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Email Address in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Email Address in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Email Address on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the sign in to Windows...
  9. Enable or Disable Num Lock on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Num Lock on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Num Lock on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Num Lock on Sign-in Screen in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the sign...
  10. Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10: How to: Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 How to Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the sign in to...