Windows 10: Endless boot loop after reset

Discus and support Endless boot loop after reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok so basically, after successfully installing windows 10 from windows 7, I decided to clean my hard drive and reset windows because I deleted my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TMPattar, Aug 4, 2015.

1. TMPattar Win User

Endless boot loop after reset

Ok so basically, after successfully installing windows 10 from windows 7, I decided to clean my hard drive and reset windows because I deleted my "edge" and thus my apps were not working. The problem then started, the reset went fine until it reached 64% and read "configuring settings" then it just restarted my PC and went in a loop like this;
    >startup
    >bios screen (Asus/Intel)
    >monitor turns off
    >monitor turns back on
    >blue win10 logo and loading circle
    >black screen for 5-10 secs
    >install screen displaying 64%
    >restarts and loops
    This wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't been up for 5 hours already trying to fix it, I really need help now. Thanks

:)

TMPattar, Aug 4, 2015
  2. indra_t Win User

Nokia Lumia 530 stuck at boot

I got same problem, and already tried soft reset, hard reset, recovery tool

Nothing works.. still stuck on endless boot loop

indra_t, Aug 4, 2015
  3. After Install of free Upgrade to WIndows 10, virus/spyware attacks occur..reset causes reboot loop.

I am out of commission, my new laptop with the Windows 8.1 needed updated to Windows 10. After install, it functioned fine for about a day and then started having problems with spyware and popups. I tried Bit Defender and no luck. After trying a couple
    of other spyware downloads, it was getting worse. I decided to 'reset' the entire system, but after the reset finished, it just ended in a endless loop with an error "Inaccessible Boot Device". It tries to reboot and continues to loop. ANy ideas?

HamiltonHunter, Aug 4, 2015
  4. TMPattar Win User

I don't have a disk or USB because I did the free upgrade, and don't have a windows 7 disk because I got the code straight off the phone from Microsoft, does this mean ins going to have to pay for something I've already got? Because of this bug?

TMPattar, Aug 4, 2015
  5. mrpumpkin Win User
    The endless reset is a known bug. The only solution I am aware of is to reformat. If you upgraded a licensed copy of Windows 7 using the update this PC option, then your PC is validated. I do not understand the receiving a code by phone option and how that relates to having a windows 7 disc. You need to get to another PC and create a bookable Windows 10 USB or ISO and reformat. In order to have the USB boot, you may have to enter the bios and change the boot order so that USB is 1st.

mrpumpkin, Aug 4, 2015
  6. edrum Win User
    Sorry new but what if i have a the same thing going on but the Win10 came pre-installed and do not have bootable usb.

edrum, Sep 18, 2015
  7. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Sep 19, 2015
  8. dand1178 Win User

I have the same problem as TMPattar only mine is on a Surface Pro 4 which I bought, and then immediately downloaded a crap-load of malware and spyware to because I thought I was getting Chrome..... Anyways, I have seen numerous posts on other sites and then this one here saying to do a fresh install from a bootable USB. I got a USB, used the MS media creator tool thingy and plugged it into my Surface with the power off, I turn it on and I just get the same boot menu. Anyone have any idea how to get the thing to stop looping through the "64%" screen as described above, long enough to try and boot from the USB??.... This is so much fun!

dand1178, Dec 21, 2015
  9. dand1178 Win User
    Okay, I found how to boot from a USB on a Surface Pro 4 only. If you have a different manufacturer you would have to enter the BIOS and select the appropriate pathway so that the machine would read the USB drive when powered up rather than boot from the existing OS.

As for the Surface follow the below steps:
    -Power the device off completely.
    -Attach a bootable USB storage device.
    -Hold the volume down button.
    -Press and release the power button
    -When the Surface logo appears, release the volume down button.
    -You should see a blue screen then the menu from the Windows install on the USB.
    Follow steps from there!

dand1178, Dec 21, 2015
  10. Didymos Win User
    Hey guys, i have same problem. I made bootable Windows usb but i cannot access Bios. It loads too fast and goes directly to instalation which is stuck at 64% and keeps it in loop .

Didymos, Jun 27, 2016
  11. cereberus Win User
    Easier as key is embedded in bios. Just create a bootable usb stick using this link, boot from it, select custom install and skip key entry.

Windows 10

cereberus, Jun 27, 2016
  12. NRG
    NrG Win User
    I can't even access bios the restart is too fast

13. Darkraid Win User

I made a bootable USB but I am having problems getting it to boot. I tried pressing F12 but it does not go into boot menu.

Any help please?

Darkraid, Aug 22, 2016
  14. Zakh Win User
    Yeah I'm having the same issue I can't get into BIOS

15. dalchina New Member
    Hi, how you get to specify the boot device and access your BIOS can be dependent on your manufacturer/motherboard/BIOS.

For example, I cannot specify the boot order of my custom laptop, a bit of a shock when I discovered this by consulting the manufacturer, and to boot from my DVD I have to press F7 (specific to my laptop) to see the boot devices. I then have to select from the list.

So I suggest you check with your manufacturer, or a forum specific to your PC.

dalchina, Sep 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Endless boot loop after reset - Similar Threads - Endless boot loop

2. Endless boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Endless boot loop: My wife's Dell has now gone into an endless boot loop with a BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO blue screen error. At one point I was able to get into the windows auto recovery screen but now I can not even get that far. Now I know my best option is to make a boot USB and run the...
  3. Boot Loop after Reset PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Loop after Reset PC: My laptop, a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 bought in March 2020, is stuck in a boot loop where the Microsoft logo appears, followed by the loading spinning dots, then it cuts to black and the entire process repeats. All I did was reset my pc and it went smoothly until after...
  4. Stuck in Boot Loop after Reset!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in Boot Loop after Reset!: Hi guys, I own a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 that i bought in March 2020. Today I decided to reset my PC as it was actually freezing on me a couple times. It went through the reset process smoothly but now its just stuck in a boot loop. The Microsoft logo appears, the loading...
  5. stuck in endless boot up loop

stuck in endless boot up loop: I have a laptop running Windows 10 with a way too small amount of free space which makes performing system updates almost impossible. During an attempt to provide additional space I changed partition sizes on the 32GB C: drive. Now boot up is in a loop so is there a method to...
  6. Stuck in an Endless Reboot Loop after Reseting PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck in an Endless Reboot Loop after Reseting PC: I wanted to reset my windows PC with the Shift + Restart method, and everything seemed to be going well up until it came time to reinstall Windows 10. An error message kept popping up with something along the lines of”The computer restarted unexpectedly.” I went to website...
  7. Stuck in an endless boot loop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in an endless boot loop.: Yesterday, instead of booting up, my computer got stuck in an endless boot loop. Everytime I try to boot it up, it shows this for a couple of seconds (sorry for blurry image, had to be quick.) Then, it restarts. After a couple of restarts, it goes into the "repair" screen....
  8. boot mgr not found endless loop

boot mgr not found endless loop: When we started the computer this morning we got the message Windows was going to automatically repair itself. After several cannot repair messages we tried the advance options - repair, restore from system restore, restore from backup, boot into windows safe mode and...
  9. Win10 stuck in endless boot loop

Win10 stuck in endless boot loop: Win10 Stuck in endless loop of boot up. Automatic Repair. I am having a windows 10 startup problem. from the command prompt I've used "bootrec /fixboot" but access is denied. Then i followed diskpart command DISKPART> select vol 1 Volume 1 is the selected volume....
  10. PC goes into an endless BOOT loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC goes into an endless BOOT loop: Boot loop Dell Inspiron 530 Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit AMD Athlon 64 dual core 4GB DDR2 EVGA Graphics Card PC showed no sign of powering on, Removed graphics card Disconnected HDD and DVD/CD ROM Tested the power supply unit with multi meter all voltages are OK Removed CMOS...