Windows 10: error 0x800405 While trying to creAate Partition on vmware

Discus and support error 0x800405 While trying to creAate Partition on vmware in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; What is this error ? 0x8000405 error? [img] Here is my AutounAttended.xml Code: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RBCC, Apr 23, 2018.

1. RBCC Win User

error 0x800405 While trying to creAate Partition on vmware

What is this error ? 0x8000405 error?

error 0x800405 While trying to creAate Partition on vmware [​IMG]

Here is my AutounAttended.xml
    Code: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <unattend xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:unattend"> <settings pass="windowsPE"> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <InputLocale>0409:00000409</InputLocale> <UILanguage>en-US</UILanguage> <UILanguageFallback>en-US</UILanguageFallback> <UserLocale>en-US</UserLocale> <SystemLocale>en-US</SystemLocale> </component> <component name="Microsoft-Windows-Setup" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <DiskConfiguration> <Disk wcm:action="add"> <CreatePartitions> <CreatePartition wcm:action="add"> <Order>1</Order> <Size>58250</Size> <Type>Primary</Type> </CreatePartition> <CreatePartition wcm:action="add"> <Order>2</Order> <Size>58250</Size> <Type>Logical</Type> </CreatePartition> <CreatePartition wcm:action="add"> <Order>3</Order> <Size>50000</Size> <Type>Logical</Type> </CreatePartition> <CreatePartition wcm:action="add"> <Order>4</Order> <Size>500000</Size> <Type>Logical</Type> </CreatePartition> <CreatePartition wcm:action="add"> <Order>5</Order> <Size>239500</Size> <Type>Logical</Type> </CreatePartition> </CreatePartitions> <ModifyPartitions> <ModifyPartition wcm:action="add"> <Active>true</Active> <Extend>false</Extend> <Format>NTFS</Format> <Label>Golden-Windows</Label> <Letter>C</Letter> <Order>1</Order> <PartitionID>1</PartitionID> <TypeID>DE94BBA4-06D1-4D40-A16A-BFD50179D6AC</TypeID> </ModifyPartition> <ModifyPartition wcm:action="add"> <Active>true</Active> <Extend>false</Extend> <Format>NTFS</Format> <Label>Golden-Apps</Label> <Letter>D</Letter> <Order>2</Order> <PartitionID>2</PartitionID> </ModifyPartition> <ModifyPartition wcm:action="add"> <Active>true</Active> <Extend>false</Extend> <Format>NTFS</Format> <Label>Golden-Utils</Label> <Letter>E</Letter> <Order>3</Order> <PartitionID>3</PartitionID> </ModifyPartition> <ModifyPartition wcm:action="add"> <Active>true</Active> <Extend>false</Extend> <Format>NTFS</Format> <Label>Golden-Temp</Label> <Letter>Z</Letter> <Order>4</Order> <PartitionID>4</PartitionID> </ModifyPartition> <ModifyPartition wcm:action="add"> <Active>true</Active> <Extend>false</Extend> <Format>NTFS</Format> <Label>Golden-Downloads</Label> <Letter>Y</Letter> <Order>5</Order> <PartitionID>5</PartitionID> </ModifyPartition> </ModifyPartitions> <DiskID>0</DiskID> <WillWipeDisk>true</WillWipeDisk> </Disk> </DiskConfiguration> <ImageInstall> <OSImage> <InstallTo> <DiskID>0</DiskID> <PartitionID>1</PartitionID> </InstallTo> </OSImage> </ImageInstall> <UserData> <ProductKey> <Key>W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX</Key> <WillShowUI>Always</WillShowUI> </ProductKey> <AcceptEula>true</AcceptEula> <FullName>John Marshall</FullName> <Organization>Golden Computers</Organization> </UserData> </component> </settings> <cpierror 0x800405 While trying to creAate Partition on vmware :eek:fflineImage cpi:source="wim:f:/sources/install.wim#windows 10 E" xmlns:cpi="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:cpi" /> </unattend>[/quote] What have i done wrong?? Is it a out of space error? John

:)

2. VMWare

I'm running windows 10 (64 bit) and have installed VMWare. How can I legally load a Windows 7 operating system into a VMWare partition?

DonaldKosciusko, Apr 23, 2018
  3. JPN23233 Win User
    Insufficient Memory Errors Windows 10

I just took the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703. Now I am receiving "insufficient memory" errors although I am running only one program - a virtual machine connection (VMWare Horizon). Windows appears to be shutting down the VMWare connection
    - I'm getting kicked off. Task manager looks like I have plenty of memory space while VMWare is running (i.e., VMWare is taking ~24% of memory and less than than for CPU). Any known solutions?

JPN23233, Apr 23, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Please do not take this too personally, but your answer file is about as wrongly made as possible. There's no way that answer file would ever work.

First, you do not create any UEFI or BIOS system partitions. Then, you are creating Windows (C: drive) first (wrong place!) and marking it as recovery partition.

My recommendation: please start from scratch, this time following instructions given in this tutorial: Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

Thema:

1. error 0x800405 While trying to creAate Partition on vmware - Similar Threads - error 0x800405 While

2. Deleted partition on HDD while trying to adjust the partition size, the hdd now shows as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted partition on HDD while trying to adjust the partition size, the hdd now shows as...: Some Info - I have two HDDs, both of them had unallocated space The issue is with HDD1I tried to expand the volume of a local disc in HDD1 using windows partition manager, in the options I selected all and it assigned the unallocated space of both HDDs to the specified...
  3. Deleted partition on HDD while trying to adjust the partition size, the hdd now shows as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted partition on HDD while trying to adjust the partition size, the hdd now shows as...: Some Info - I have two HDDs, both of them had unallocated space The issue is with HDD1I tried to expand the volume of a local disc in HDD1 using windows partition manager, in the options I selected all and it assigned the unallocated space of both HDDs to the specified...
  4. Error when trying to expand partition size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error when trying to expand partition size: I am trying to partititon the unallocated space to new volume d: but whenever I try to do that I get this error: what is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-trying-to-expand-partition-size/d1975c5a-5dcf-4eb7-aee8-20f7388c6c17
  5. Error when trying to expand partition size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to expand partition size: I am trying to partititon the unallocated space to new volume d: but whenever I try to do that I get this error: what is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-when-trying-to-expand-partition-size/d1975c5a-5dcf-4eb7-aee8-20f7388c6c17
  6. How to fix VMware Internal Error while powering on

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix VMware Internal Error while powering on: [ATTACH]For many users, VMware is a go-to platform for creating and using Virtual Machine. It allows you to have multiple Operating Systems on a single host computer. But as of late, many users started complaining about VMware Internal Error and want to see some solutions to...
  7. Trying to install Minecraft in VMWare

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trying to install Minecraft in VMWare: Microsoft store shows that I have DirextX 12, but it won't allow me to install Minecraft. I'm using VMWare 11.5.7 on macOS Catalina 10.15.17. Windows version is Windows 10 v1909. Windows, macOS, VMWare have latest updates. I've tried resetting Windows Store and rebooting....
  8. Extend partition in vmware workstation

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Extend partition in vmware workstation: I have a C: drive (vmdk file) of around 100 GB. I used the vmware tools to add another 100 GB. It then says that I must then start the VM (Windows 10) and use OS tools to expand the existing 100 GB C: drive. So I started the VM and ran the disk management tool. You can see...
  9. Errors while trying to sign in to the Microsoft Store and while trying to sign in with a...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Errors while trying to sign in to the Microsoft Store and while trying to sign in with a...: I am unable to sign in to the Microsoft Store (with the error "We encountered an error. Please try signing in later."), and on the "Your info" page in Settings, it shows that I am signed in with a Microsoft account. The "Sign in with a local account instead" in the same page...
  10. VMWARE using physical HDD's - IGNORE invalid Partition table error

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMWARE using physical HDD's - IGNORE invalid Partition table error: Hi folks. Specifically for VMWARE users although the results of using Raw HDD's on VBOX and HYPER-V should be the same - I think the partition error message only applies to VMWARE. If say you want to use entire Linux formatted HDD's on a VM then when adding these as...