Windows 10: Error 0x80073715 installing iCloud

Discus and support Error 0x80073715 installing iCloud in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have encountered this error when trying to install iCloud after being forced into a clean install of Windows 10. Halfway through it comes up with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Plantajenet, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Error 0x80073715 installing iCloud

I have encountered this error when trying to install iCloud after being forced into a clean install of Windows 10.

Halfway through it comes up with the error and rolls back the install.

It seems that this is a common problem and there is a pile of gobbledygook on the web suggesting there is a hot fix available, but I cannot find where to get this hot fix from.

Does anyone have a solution, in plain English? I have installed the Visual C++ updates it says are required, but still keep getting the error.

Thanks

:)

Plantajenet, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Icloud install

Hi Chris,

To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• Where did you download the iCloud?

• Were there any error messages?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 12, 2018
  3. Icloud install

Hi

Thanks for replying

• Where did you download the iCloud?
    https://support.apple.com/en-

• 2. Were there any error messages?

No error messages on download but the below when trying to install

Error 0x80073715 installing iCloud de5e8cf3-2940-4999-a48b-e167d7a47c54.jpg

The is a problem with the Windows Installer package.

A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected.

Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

• followed the trouble shooting steps via the 'properties' section of the programme application

Thanks

Chrispy929, Oct 12, 2018
  4. HansW Win User

Error 0x80073715 installing iCloud

Error 0x80073715 in kb4058258

Hey Gaius,

Thanks a lot for reiterating the steps clearly for me.

So I followed them through, and got hung up at DISM w/ it stopping at 20%. (Note that fsr, there was not a single instance of KB4056892 when I started your steps)

Error 0x80073715 installing iCloud [​IMG]

Looked for a way to make it complete and found some threads related a bit to this one; here and here.

<With the network cable removed>
    I resetted windows update (using the info from the first link), restarted, installed KB4073290 (via link in the second aforementioned link), restarted and ran DISM StartComponentCleanup. It completed at 100%!

Followed the rest of your steps to the letter. Restarting after the KB4058358 install, I found Windows Update was trying to download 2 versions of a 1709 update:

Error 0x80073715 installing iCloud [​IMG]

Also, my OS build was still reporting an incorrect version like .194 or something (not 16299.214) and there was no timestamp on the previously installed KB4073290, or KB4058358.

I then went through and followed the steps from the beginning. Upon having uninstalled KB4056892, of which there was only one instance, the DISM StartComponentCleanup completed successfully...at 20%...again.

I'm just going to wait and hope for a formal fix for this before I trash my system. If anyone knows of something I ought to do to let MS know I'm still having probs, I'd really appreciate the instruction.

Thanks again for trying to help, Gaius. Very kind of you!

HansW, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Error 0x80073715 installing iCloud

1. Error 0x80073715 installing iCloud - Similar Threads - Error 0x80073715 installing

2. iCloud for Windows error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    iCloud for Windows error: I’m trying to download iCloud for Windows on my Windows 10 HP laptop. However I cannot launch iCloud and keep getting annoying msg which i have to click 20 times to close it: iCloudPrefs.exe - Bad Image C\ProgramFiles\McAfee\WebAdvisor\win32\DownloadScan.dll is either not...
  3. HRESULT: 0x80073715 Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    HRESULT: 0x80073715 Error: Please help, I got this error while i reinstalled Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 Update 4 to support the Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 update 3. Can you provide me the support hotfix to solve this problem? Thank you...
  4. Install iCloud

Install iCloud: When I was installing iCloud on my computer, I received a message that sayin Setup can't continue because Outlook isn't configured to have a default profile. Check your Outlook settings and try again. But I have my ID in Outlook as a default profile. How to solve it out?...
  5. Can't install icloud

Can't install icloud: I have a new laptop running windows 10 with the 1803 update. I am having trouble installing both iTunes and iCloud. iTunes appears in the list from windows on the bottom left and I can open it from there but it is not in my installed program files. iCloud starts installing...
  6. Problem with iCloud installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with iCloud installation: I was forced to do a clean install of Windows 10 and then tried to install iCloud. But in the middle of the process I encountered an error with code 0x80073715 and the installation process started again. Can you explain how to fix this problem?...
  7. when install icloud

when install icloud: There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor."...
  8. iCloud won't install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    iCloud won't install: I am running Windows 10, ver 10.0.1734 build 1734. Recently my iPhone has stopped synchronizing with Outlook through iTunes = I get an error message saying the required software is missing and I need to reinstall iTunes. I have tried completely removing and reinstalling...
  9. Error 0x80073715 in kb4058258

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error 0x80073715 in kb4058258: I can not install the update kb4058258 from windows update, I have also tried to download the update from Microsoft Update Catalog giving me the same error. 103580
  10. iCloud update error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud update error: my laptop will not allow iCloud 7.3 update. does not allow manual download either 106641

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error - 0x80073715 icloud