Windows 10: Error when updating Windows

Discus and support Error when updating Windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; This issue has happened for a long time, but I think it's time I've actually tried to fix this. Nearly everytime I turn on my computer, I get prompted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ryryxd, Aug 5, 2016.

1. ryryxd Win User

Error when updating Windows

This issue has happened for a long time, but I think it's time I've actually tried to fix this. Nearly everytime I turn on my computer, I get prompted by a Installing updates screen, followed by a Update failed, restarting. This happens once or twice before it skips to the login screen. This is what happens:
    Error when updating Windows [​IMG]

I tried installing Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant to fix it, but it comes back with error 0xc1900204

Could anyone please shed some light onto what I should do?

Thanks.

:)

ryryxd, Aug 5, 2016
  2. kwdavids Win User

Error code error 0x80073B0C when updating apps

My Weather Channel app finally updated this morning.

kwdavids, Aug 5, 2016
  3. Krypts Win User
    Error code error 0x80073B0C when updating apps

Same problem on my Windows Phone. Therefore the support engineer's suggestions do not help.

Lumia 1020 on 10536.1004

Krypts, Aug 5, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Aug 5, 2016
  5. ryryxd Win User
    Wow, this worked. I'm not prompted anymore.

Thanks!

ryryxd, Aug 5, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    *Biggrin sometimes the standard fixes work Always worth looking at the extensive Tutorials.

dalchina, Aug 5, 2016
  7. ryryxd Win User
    I tried checking for updates again and it came up with the same update. I restarted my computer for it to install after it had downloaded and the same problem has happened again. *Sad

Should I just repeat the same process but not click "Check for updates" afterwards?

ryryxd, Aug 5, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Suggest a couple of basic checks:
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed.
    Post back the result, which will be on the screen briefly.
    Otherwise you can get the result as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

If clear or fixed, now
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    sfc /scannow
    - this will take some time.

dalchina, Aug 5, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Error when updating Windows - Similar Threads - Error updating

2. 0x80070643 Update error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0x80070643 Update error: Hello,I have read the threads in regard to the update error, it suggested you need the recovery to be at least 250 mg? OK, before delving into making it larger possibly nowhere have I seen yet how to see if it is bigger than 250?I know it is a little more than right clicking...
  3. 0x80070643 Update error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x80070643 Update error: Hello,I have read the threads in regard to the update error, it suggested you need the recovery to be at least 250 mg? OK, before delving into making it larger possibly nowhere have I seen yet how to see if it is bigger than 250?I know it is a little more than right clicking...
  4. 0x80070643 Update error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. [Windows Update] Permission error and unable to log in to built-in Administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows Update] Permission error and unable to log in to built-in Administrator account: So let's get straight to the point, I can't update my Windows. When I opened Windows Update settings, the display displayed `Something went wrong, Try to reopen Settings later.`image1.pngSo of course I was patient and waited, but it's been a week and my update display is...
  6. [Windows Update] Permission error and unable to log in to built-in Administrator account

[Windows Update] Permission error and unable to log in to built-in Administrator account: So let's get straight to the point, I can't update my Windows. When I opened Windows Update settings, the display displayed `Something went wrong, Try to reopen Settings later.`image1.pngSo of course I was patient and waited, but it's been a week and my update display is...
  7. Error 0x80040154 for 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Update Version 23H2 for x64...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0x80040154 for 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Update Version 23H2 for x64...: Hello everyone ! I'm unable to update Windows 11 on my laptop for the past few days. I keep getting the same error Error 0x80040154 again and again. I have tried several solutions as mentioned below: 1 Run Windows Update Troubleshooter Troubleshooter shows that problem is...
  8. Error 0x80040154 for 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Update Version 23H2 for x64...

Error 0x80040154 for 2024-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Update Version 23H2 for x64...: Hello everyone ! I'm unable to update Windows 11 on my laptop for the past few days. I keep getting the same error Error 0x80040154 again and again. I have tried several solutions as mentioned below: 1 Run Windows Update Troubleshooter Troubleshooter shows that problem is...
  9. error code 0x80070002 while trying to update

error code 0x80070002 while trying to update: ive had this issues for a few months now and havent been able to update to the newest version of windows for a while. i tried to update to windows 11 to see if that would fix it but got that error code. ive tried manually downloading and installing the update from the...
  10. error code 0x80070002 while trying to update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error code 0x80070002 while trying to update: ive had this issues for a few months now and havent been able to update to the newest version of windows for a while. i tried to update to windows 11 to see if that would fix it but got that error code. ive tried manually downloading and installing the update from the...