Windows 10: Ethernet connection problem when Wifi/Hotspot turns on.

Discus and support Ethernet connection problem when Wifi/Hotspot turns on. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys, Since the June17 update I have a very specific issue. I use a LAN cable for internet connection and I always used to hotspot my laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gtlukero, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Ethernet connection problem when Wifi/Hotspot turns on.

Hey guys,

Since the June17 update I have a very specific issue. I use a LAN cable for internet connection and I always used to hotspot my laptop connection to my my phone without any problems. Since the update, when I turn my laptop wifi/hotspot feature on, the connection on my phone is fine but my browsers on my laptop won’t load some pages (sometimes no pages at all). I’ve seen one person post the same issue yesterday but nothing else online.

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/th...en_a_device_connects_to_my_hotspot_Windows_11

Can someone help?

submitted by /u/gtlukero
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gtlukero, Jun 17, 2022

2. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

Ethernet connection problem when Wifi/Hotspot turns on. [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Jun 17, 2022
  3. wtenten Win User
    I need to connect both Ethernet and WiFi to a Hotspot.

Thanks for your response.
    I don't wish to use any kind of wifi adapter on the PC due to speed issue. I want it to have the same internet speed as the Laptop hotspot. So if there's a way I could Bridge connection between the hotspot and PC and still have wifi access for other wifi enabled device, I would be very happy.

wtenten, Jun 17, 2022
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Ethernet connection problem when Wifi/Hotspot turns on.

I need to connect both Ethernet and WiFi to a Hotspot.

Hi there

very easy -- I've made several posts on this but nobody seems to want to try this

1) Use an ETHERNET-->WIFI bridge by setting up an older router to ethernet wifi bridge.

How to extend your network with a Wireless Bridge | D-Link

2) you can now connect up to 4 (or however many ethernet ports the bridging router has) devices via lan cable to the bridging router.

3) the connected devices will be using their internal LAN adapters.

4) You can then use the 5GHhz band for the bridging router - this will give a max speed of 433 Mb/s -- not quite 1GB/s but plenty fast enough.

Your standard Wifi hotspot should still be available for standard wifi connections.

If you have an older spare router that doesn't have ethernet-->wifi bridge settings you could possibly use DD-WRT t get it working - but most newer routers have wifi--ethernet bridge connectivity in their setup.

www.dd-wrt.com | Unleash Your Router

I use the ethernet--wifi bridge method for connecting my NAS box to my network -- works perfectly both for serving multi-media and loading files from laptop etc etc.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Jun 17, 2022
Thema:

Ethernet connection problem when Wifi/Hotspot turns on.

1. Ethernet connection problem when Wifi/Hotspot turns on. - Similar Threads - Ethernet connection problem

2. Windows 10 WiFi hotspot problem: If a client is connected to the hotspot, there is no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 WiFi hotspot problem: If a client is connected to the hotspot, there is no...: Hello!Sorry for any translation errors, I use a google translator.The problem is that if I turn on the hostpot on Windows 10, the devices connected to it will have Internet access, but when the first device is connected to the computer, the computer will have virtually no...
  3. Windows 10 WiFi hotspot problem: If a client is connected to the hotspot, there is no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 WiFi hotspot problem: If a client is connected to the hotspot, there is no...: Hello!Sorry for any translation errors, I use a google translator.The problem is that if I turn on the hostpot on Windows 10, the devices connected to it will have Internet access, but when the first device is connected to the computer, the computer will have virtually no...
  4. Windows 10 WiFi hotspot problem: If a client is connected to the hotspot, there is no...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,...: So I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn the mobile hotspot on, there is no internet access on my laptop LENOVO IDEAPAD 310. But there is an internet access from my phone a device which is connected to the mobile hotspot from my laptop....
  6. I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,...

I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,...: So I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn the mobile hotspot on, there is no internet access on my laptop LENOVO IDEAPAD 310. But there is an internet access from my phone a device which is connected to the mobile hotspot from my laptop....
  7. I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. No wifi and no connection when connected to ethernet

No wifi and no connection when connected to ethernet: Hello, I feel like I've tried everything I've found on here but I'm sure there's a fix. I have an ASUS K73E that after updating from Windows 7 to 10 is no longer connecting to the internet. I've tried toggling F2 and no wifi. I'm currently plugged in to the ethernet cable and...
  9. Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot: Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot. To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image. [img] After that I did...
  10. I need to connect both Ethernet and WiFi to a Hotspot.

I need to connect both Ethernet and WiFi to a Hotspot.: Hi guys, I have an issue I would like to resolve. I will try to be as clear and precised as possible. I'm only allowed to one device to an internet. My laptop connects directly to internet WiFi. So the laptop (Windows 10) serves as a hotspot. But I have two other...