Windows 10: ethernet connection

Discus and support ethernet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an ethernet cable from my moden to my mini pic but it isn't listed as a viable network connection. Why not?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DearDean, Aug 16, 2019.

1. DearDean Win User

ethernet connection

I have an ethernet cable from my moden to my mini pic but it isn't listed as a viable network connection. Why not?

:)

DearDean, Aug 16, 2019
  2. MarcoArik Win User

How to delete an ethernet connection?

Just as title says. I have some old ethernet connections in my list, and I would like to delete it to clean.

Any suggestion?

MarcoArik, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Zedrick Del, Aug 16, 2019
  4. EdTittel Win User

ethernet connection

Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

Please permit me to respectfully disagree, battlezone. Not only is it possible to do this, TenForums offers a tutorial that explains exactly how, step-by-step: Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10. Do please check it out, won't you?
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

ethernet connection

1. ethernet connection - Similar Threads - ethernet connection

2. Ethernet connection issues - is there a way to choose which network to connect to?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet connection issues - is there a way to choose which network to connect to?: Hi guys, So i've just moved into university and i tried to set up my wired connection. However for some reason, the networks I get connected to keep switching. So for eg i'll plug in my ethernet cord and get connected to Network 5, which is fine since i can use the...
  3. Ethernet unplugged - > not connected/cable unplugged

Ethernet unplugged - > not connected/cable unplugged: Like the title says, it says ethernet unidentified and then unplugged all within 2 seconds and it keeps happening again, and again, I can fix this by going to adapter properties then qos packet scheduler - > configure - > advanced and change speed & duplex to 10mbps half or...
  4. My pc doesn't connect to the internet via ethernet when it is first switched on. In order...

My pc doesn't connect to the internet via ethernet when it is first switched on. In order...: I am forced to leave my pc powered on all the time to avoid repeating this procedure and this is a major inconvenience. I have tried many things such as buying a new ethernet cable, trying different ports, resetting router, trying network troubleshooter , resetting TCP/IP,...
  5. ADSL router disconnects from the Internet when I connect Ethernet cable (LAN cable)...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ADSL router disconnects from the Internet when I connect Ethernet cable (LAN cable)...: The Problem is as simple as that. It appeared suddenly and with no obvious reason. The troubleshooter says there's something wrong with the DNS server. So I changed the DNS server addresses in "Adaptor settings " and in the ADSL setting ,it worked for three days ,but it...
  6. Need help with connecting a network device (Media Player) via Ethernet

Need help with connecting a network device (Media Player) via Ethernet: I have had a Dune Media Player for probably about 8 years and 2 or 3 windows reinstalls. I would install windows 10 and click on Network in file explorer and I would see my Dune which has 3 hard drives connected to it and I would simply assign drive letters to each hard...
  7. USB TETHERING THROUGH THIRD PARTY APP AND SHARING THE CONNECTION TO ETHERNET PORT AND ROUTER.

USB TETHERING THROUGH THIRD PARTY APP AND SHARING THE CONNECTION TO ETHERNET PORT AND ROUTER.: USING PDANET+ TO USB TETHER ANDRIOD DEVICE AND SHARE NETWORK WITHIN WINDOWS 10 TO ETHERNET AND HOOK UP TO ROUTER TO USE AS A HOME NETWORK. CAN NOT GET INTERNET TO THE ROUTER. HAVE HEARD SO MANY DIFF THINGS TO MAKE IT WORK. ANY HELP PLEASE!!...
  8. Ethernet connection to laptop

Ethernet connection to laptop: My laptop is constantly bringing up unidentified network when I try to connect to my Realtek PCIe FE controller network ethernet. please help with solving the issue...
  9. Windows 10 will only connect to Ethernet

Windows 10 will only connect to Ethernet: Hi all, I'm back again. This time, I've got a different situation. Just this morning, I activated my Windows 10 ISO from the USB drive, so that is all good. The desktop and systems are operating just fine; however, it will only connect to Ethernet and it won't let me...
  10. Can't connect to the PPPOE error 651 - endless loop of identification on ethernet - unknown...

Can't connect to the PPPOE error 651 - endless loop of identification on ethernet - unknown...: Hello, I ran in an issue, I can't connect my windows 10 home via PPPoE with my ethernet cable, when i plug it in ethernet connection is on endless loop of: identification - connected (just for a 0,1 sec) - no connection. From time to time it stops and stays at Unknown...