Windows 10: Ethernet Connectivity Problems

Discus and support Ethernet Connectivity Problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new gaming pc with windows 10. Im working with an asus hero motherboard with wifi. When i first got the pc it would randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TylerDollar, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Ethernet Connectivity Problems

I recently purchased a new gaming pc with windows 10. Im working with an asus hero motherboard with wifi. When i first got the pc it would randomly drop my ethernet connection and say it was not connected when the cord was plugged in. Recently i got a replacement motherboard from the company and installed it with no problems. Before the new issue arose i had the internet provider come out and test everything from the server port and they replaced everything top to bottom. But now whenever my computer enters sleep mode or restarts it shows I have no ethernet connection. It will do the same thing on occasions whenever I shut down my computer and restart as well. I have deleted and reinstalled the driver settings and updated them as well but the issues keeps happening.

:)

TylerDollar, Oct 3, 2018
  2. MarcoArik Win User

How to delete an ethernet connection?

Just as title says. I have some old ethernet connections in my list, and I would like to delete it to clean.

Any suggestion?

MarcoArik, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Zedrick Del, Oct 3, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Ethernet Connectivity Problems

Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

Please permit me to respectfully disagree, battlezone. Not only is it possible to do this, TenForums offers a tutorial that explains exactly how, step-by-step: Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10. Do please check it out, won't you?
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Ethernet Connectivity Problems

1. Ethernet Connectivity Problems - Similar Threads - Ethernet Connectivity Problems

2. Ethernet connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection problem: My PC with Win11 has a problem with the ethernet connection. I checked the ethernet I connected but no internet access as you can see in the screenshot. How can I sort it out?...
  3. Ethernet connection problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connection problem: My PC with Win11 has a problem with the ethernet connection. I checked the ethernet I connected but no internet access as you can see in the screenshot. How can I sort it out?...
  4. Facing Problem with connecting Ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing Problem with connecting Ethernet: I am facing problem with connecting my ethernet cable. My cable is fine , I have tested it with other computer. But every time I am connecting , It shows no result. I have followed some youtube video, but according to their description, my setting was okay. I would be very...
  5. Problems connecting to the ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems connecting to the ethernet: up until now everything was working fine but then suddenly windows stopped identifying my ethernet cable i tried restarting and whatever steps the bot asked me to follow but none of them worked. my internet is working fine for the rest of the devices its only my pc where it...
  6. Ethernet connection problems

Ethernet connection problems: For the last few weeks, I've experienced connectivity issues with my ethernet connection to the internet. At random times the connection drops and it says I have no ethernet cable plugged in. Which isn't true. Sometimes I have a connection for sereval hours and sometimes it...
  7. Ethernet connection problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet connection problem: Ive recently reconnected my PC again, using the same power cables and lan cables. As well as a usb Ethernet extension adapter but my windows keeps telling me there’s not a valid IP address. I’ve restarted the router and computer but nothing seems to work. I don’t know what to...
  8. Problem with Ethernet Connection

Problem with Ethernet Connection: So this is a problem I've been having for the past few months and it really irks me because it's basically rendered a PC I just got worthless and I haven't been able to do anything with it. The basic problem is just that the ethernet is running ungodly slow. I did a speed...
  9. Ethernet connection problems...

Ethernet connection problems...: Hello, I've recently changed my broadband provider, and have gone from using powerline adaptors to CAT 6 wired from my PC into my router, however my PC still thinks the ethernet connection is a TP-Link powerline connection, I was wondering how to change this? As I've also...
  10. Problems with Ethernet Connection.

Problems with Ethernet Connection.: Hi this is my first forum post and i desperately need help. I apologise in advance if i do not post all the information needed regarding my problem to seek out a resolution. I have owned my PC for almost two years and it has acted up in the past before. At first i...