Windows 10: Expand System Reserve Partition

Discus and support Expand System Reserve Partition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Have a HP - Windows 10 Desktop. It originally came with windows 7. It upgraded fine to Windows 10, but when the latest version was released,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tomc1057, Jan 5, 2018.

1. tomc1057 Win User

Expand System Reserve Partition

Hi,

Have a HP - Windows 10 Desktop.
    It originally came with windows 7.
    It upgraded fine to Windows 10, but when the latest version
    was released, it is unable to update as the System Reserved Partition is only 128 MB.
    I am also not getting the latest security updates as I don't have the latest version of Windows.

Is there an easy way to expand this Partition?

Thanks for any insight!

:)

tomc1057, Jan 5, 2018

2. Windows 10 "Can't update system reserved partition"

I shrank the main partition to make room to expand the system reserve partition as described above. The unallocated space was ample. However, the disk management tool would not expand the system reserve partition. The expand choice was greyed out for
    the system reserver partition. I saw a could of posts that described command line approaches to do the expansion, but Partition Wizard was simpler and perhaps safer.

Jim Boone 70810, Jan 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 couldn't be installed

Have u tried to expand ur system reserved partition

InnocentSmoothie, Jan 5, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Jan 5, 2018
  5. tomc1057 Win User
    Thanks, but I tried that and it did not work.

the error code I get are 0xc1900200.

tomc1057, Jan 9, 2018
  6. zbook New Member
    Please update the system specs in the "My Computer" section:

How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Site Use Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

1)Download and install minitool partition wizard:
    MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com
    2) Post an image of the drive
    3) Open disk management > widen each volume and status columns so that the contents of each row is in full view and nothing is cut off > post an image into the thead
    4) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    a) sfc /scannow
    b) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    c) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread
    d) chkdsk /x /f /r
    This may take many hours so run overnight.
    5) Find the chkdsk report in the event viewer using the information in this link and copy and paste it into the thread:
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials
    6) Run HD Tune:
    HD Tune website
    Post images into the thread for:
    a) Health (SMART)
    b) Benchmark
    c) Full error scan (surface)
    7) Backup all files on the drive to another drive or to the cloud
    8) Make a backup image using Macrium
    Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    9) Place the backup image onto another drive or into the cloud
    10) Create a new restore point
    11) Find these Panther logs and post share links into the thread:
    setuperr.log
    setupact.log
    12) run this log collector and post a zip into the thread for troublshooting:
    log collector v2-beta06.zip

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Expand System Reserve Partition - Similar Threads - Expand System Reserve

2. Remove system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove system reserved partition: I recently built a new pc, installed windows on my m.2 and everything works great etc. I decided to bring my old HDD and SSD and connect them. The old SSD was recently my main C drive, with Windows installed, but now im not using it for anything else then normal storage. I...
  3. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  4. Two System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Two System Reserved Partition: I had dual boot in my laptop for windows 10 + ubuntu. I deleted the ubuntu part. But after that, I haveTWO system reserved memory in my SSD mine is a hybrid system with 256 SSD+1TB HDD. I don't know if I should delete one of the reserved partition or not. If yes, then guide...
  5. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  6. System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserved Partition: Hello, I did some storage upgrade on my system by adding an M.2 NVME 1TB SSD drive and cloned my old drive that has windows 10 operating system. I now have two systems reserved partition on both the old and newly installed drive. The system reserved section limits my...
  7. System reserved Partition

System reserved Partition: as you can probably see in the screenshot , my System reserved Partition and the partition where my windows is installed are on totally different drives: windows: drive 0 (SSD) System reserved Partition: drive 1 (HDD) what i want is simple: move System reserved Partition...
  8. Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions: I have Windows 10 Home Version 1803 installed in my pc. Windows is installed on Disk 5. Disk 5 contains my C drive and D partition that I created after Windows was installed. It also contains a partition named System Reserved which Windows created when I installed Windows...
  9. How to expand System Reserved partition to accept Windows 10 1709.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to expand System Reserved partition to accept Windows 10 1709.: In an effort to get 1709 update to install, one of the "solutions" that has been suggested is that is should expand my current 100 MB NTFS System Reserved partition from its current 100 MB to 550 MB ( the cause of the Oxc1900200 error). However, when I research how to expand...
  10. No system reserved partition

No system reserved partition: Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was cloned from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 runs great off the SSD. Got a Windows 10 upgrade notice and received an automatic download of Win10 but when it tries to install I get the...