Windows 10: Expectations of Internet Explorer 12

Discus and support Expectations of Internet Explorer 12 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; @Peter7 Sorry for your lost photo's. Surly your must have seen all sorts of posts on these forums stressing backup, backup and backup again! Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kesto, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Nuccii Win User

Expectations of Internet Explorer 12

@Peter7
    Sorry for your lost photo's. Surly your must have seen all sorts of posts on these forums stressing backup, backup and backup again!

Nuccii, Sep 27, 2014

2. The shame of it is there was MaxThon II that used the IE engine and had a community providing user written extensions. It was multi-tabbed years before IE thought of doing it. But with MaxThon 3 they killed off the entire user written code community by requiring extension to be from "authorized" sources. Big Bummer.

*Smile

Any little hotkey utilities I write for browsers work with FF derived browser, Opera, chromium derived browsers, but never with IE. The only way to control IE is through the ActiveX Object. For the small things I do it's not worth the effort.

MilesAhead, Sep 27, 2014
  3. unifex Win User
    I got no expectations as I don't use IE. That said, the latest version is basically fine, the only thing that makes a difference for me these days is the ability of Firefox to selectively delete cookies and Co on exit. Other than that, I don't see any significant difference between FF and IE.

Honestly, a browser is a program that has a place to enter a web address and then shows you the site. It has a forward button and back button. It remembers the sites you want it to remember and remembers passwords you want. Unless you really care whether the edges are straight or round, whether the tab headers are above or below address line, etc., I don't see what "great new" design can there be.

unifex, Sep 29, 2014
  4. Atomic77 Win User

I think There won't be any internet explorer 12 since Microsoft created EDGE that's going to be the browser from here on out starting in windows 10.

Atomic77, Nov 21, 2015
  5. They were reluctant to include 11 in Windows 10. I'll bet a lot of users don't know where it is. No chance there is an IE12 dev team at work.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html

Cbarnhorst, Nov 21, 2015
  6. torre Win User
    I think you are correct. I recall reading that IE11 will be the final version of IE and will just receive updates.

torre, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Expectations of Internet Explorer 12 - Similar Threads - Expectations Internet Explorer

2. Not getting expected Internet speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not getting expected Internet speed: I pay for gigabit internet with my internet provider and on my Dell OptiPlex 790 desktop computer, I am not getting close to the expected speed. I understand the speed will not be exactly a gigabit but I have been told to expect at least 700 mbps download. The computer is...
  3. Not getting expected Internet speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not getting expected Internet speed: I pay for gigabit internet with my internet provider and on my Dell OptiPlex 790 desktop computer, I am not getting close to the expected speed. I understand the speed will not be exactly a gigabit but I have been told to expect at least 700 mbps download. The computer is...
  4. Not getting expected Internet speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Not getting expected Internet speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Not getting expected Internet speed

7. Not getting expected Internet speed

8. Not getting expected Internet speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Not getting expected Internet speed

10. Not getting expected Internet speed