Windows 10: Explorer opening to "This PC" instead of "Quick Access"

Discus and support Explorer opening to "This PC" instead of "Quick Access" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I find it really annoying that I have to scroll up the left nav bar to quick access when I open a Explorer window. I went to View, Options and set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Strahan, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Strahan Win User

Explorer opening to "This PC" instead of "Quick Access"

I find it really annoying that I have to scroll up the left nav bar to quick access when I open a Explorer window. I went to View, Options and set "Open File Explorer to: Quick Access" but it still opens to This PC. Anyone know how to fix that?

:)

Strahan, Jan 22, 2018

2. " Nokia Simple " theme - where it this theme?

hi,

Some days ago on page
    http://ea.mobile.nokia.com/content/spin/ea/6120c/en/theme/index.xhtml
    or in phone (nokia 6120c) themes/general/download themes/ was very cool theme (light cream white, black fonts) " Nokia Simple ", now its dissapear from this site. Where i can get it?
    or maybe somebody has it and could send to me.

thx

szympek123, Jan 22, 2018
  3. okinawa---01, Jan 22, 2018
  4. Explorer opening to "This PC" instead of "Quick Access"

Once you find Quick Access not working normally as it should, try to disable and then re-enable it.

Step 1. Launch File Explorer, click on View > Options > Change folder and search options. Now you opened Folder Options.
    Step 2. Uncheck the two options "Show recently used files in Quick Access" and "Show frequently used folders in Quick Access" under Privacy. Click "Clear" to clear File Explorer history. Click OK.

FreeBooter, Jan 22, 2018
  5. Strahan Win User
    Alas, neither of the suggestions had the desired effect. Thanks though.

Strahan, Jan 22, 2018
  6. Try Winaero Tweaker program to change File Explorer starting folder if this does not work if you like you can customize This PC folders by adding or removing folders.

FreeBooter, Jan 22, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 22, 2018
  8. Strahan Win User
    Thanks for the suggestions, but my box is really being abstinent - neither option worked to do what I wanted, but I went ahead and used the tool to adjust the "This PC" menu to add most of what I wanted. I just can't add my "Movies" folder as it is a network share and apparently the program doesn't work with UNC paths. Ah well, still good enough. Thanks.

Strahan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Explorer opening to "This PC" instead of "Quick Access" - Similar Threads - Explorer opening instead

2. Explorer&Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer&Quick Access: When you set a folder for quick access, it shows up in both the Explorer HOME folder and navigation barI want quick access folders not to show up in the navigation bar, only in the home folder. What can I do?Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎11/‎4/‎2022 OS...
  3. Explorer&Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer&Quick Access: When you set a folder for quick access, it shows up in both the Explorer HOME folder and navigation barI want quick access folders not to show up in the navigation bar, only in the home folder. What can I do?Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎11/‎4/‎2022 OS...
  4. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.: Whenever I tried to open drive c or drive d or folder in the specific drive, it is not open and only the quick access folder is open. How can I fix this problem?...
  5. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.: Whenever I tried to open drive c or drive d or folder in the specific drive, it is not open and only the quick access folder is open. How can I fix this problem?...
  6. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Why won't my quick access folders open *IN* quick access? Instead they switch immediately...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why won't my quick access folders open *IN* quick access? Instead they switch immediately...: I often open many quick access folders, repeatedly switching back and forth between them. I believe that's the point isn't it? Well at the moment I can't because on my reinstalled Win10 box, whenever I open a quick access folder, it switches to view the folder in its original...
  8. Open file explorer with quick access blank page

in Windows 10 Support
    Open file explorer with quick access blank page: I got a blank page when I open explorer which is set to open on quick access see screenshot 155878
  9. "Open File Explorer" to Quick access, keeps reverting to This PC

in Windows 10 Support
    "Open File Explorer" to Quick access, keeps reverting to This PC: It seems that every time I reboot my computer, my folder option of Open File Explorer to Quick access has reverted back to This PC. It is rather annoying, as I definitely prefer to open to quick access. I can't find anything anywhere online where I can force this change, and...
  10. Open to This PC or Quick access in File Explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open to This PC or Quick access in File Explorer in Windows 10: How to: Open to This PC or Quick access in File Explorer in Windows 10 Set File Explorer to Open to This PC or Quick access by Default in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, File Explorer opens to Quick access by default which shows your Frequent folders and...