Windows 10: Extract A Single Version from All-in-One ISO

Discus and support Extract A Single Version from All-in-One ISO in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I have a Windows 8.1 PC with UEFI BIOS. I am going to upgrade this Windows with Windows 10. I downloaded the ISO because recently I formatted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rohidroid, Aug 28, 2015.

1. rohidroid Win User

Extract A Single Version from All-in-One ISO

Hello. I have a Windows 8.1 PC with UEFI BIOS. I am going to upgrade this Windows with Windows 10. I downloaded the ISO because recently I formatted this PC so inorder to get the free upgrade is a long way! Unfortunately, the ISO I downloaded is an All-In-One type and is about 4.8GB, So for the UEFI to boot the flash drive, it needs to be FAT-32 but since the install.wim is more than 4GB, that won't work. So instead of downloading another x64 bit ISO which would take about a day in our area (Damn You ISPs of INDIA!),
    I need to know if I can extract a single version i.e. Windows 10 Single Language x64 from the All-in-One ISO?

:)

rohidroid, Aug 28, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade consistently fails at 24% (installing from USB created with the 'creation tool')

Thanks for the links. I've just one final query. My laptop came with pre-installed Windows 8 Home 64-bit Single Language Version 6.2.9200. However, I 've managed to extract the "Product Key" using a "Key Finder" software. If I download the Windows 8 ISO
    file from the links you have provided, will it accept it for activation? I also notice from MSDN site as well as from net sources that the official ISO file of Windows 8 is "en_windows_8_x64_dvd_915440.iso".

If the SHA-1 sum matches can I use the ISo file mentioned later?

SaktinathMukherjee, Aug 28, 2015
  3. Windows Photo Viewer can't navigate to prev/next image in ZIP file

There is no way to do this without extracting images first. In fact, that's what it's doing when you open a file inside the zip, you just don't know it. When you double-click a picture file inside the ZIP, it secretly extracts that one single file, then
    opens it with the picture viewer (because picture viewer program can't read inside the ZIP directly). As far as the picture viewer knows, you opened a single file from a place that has no other files with it (because only the file you clicked was extracted).
    If you want to be able to go next/back, you must extract them all, not just one.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 28, 2015
  4. Extract A Single Version from All-in-One ISO

NO GO! Sorry about that but if you see that one written to an 8gb or larger flash drive you are presented with the options for either the 32bit or 64bit flavor of the edition you downloaded.

I saw that as well as made repeat downloads to not only get both dual flavor iso downloads but each flavor for both editions since I also upgraded a 7 Home Premium laptop as well as one 7 Ultimate and another 7 Pro pair of desktops. When going for the separate 64bit iso simply right click on the MC Tool and select the run as admin option. Once you go through the selections to bypass the upgrade now or create media to save the download onto the drive be ready to rename it from "Windows.iso to "Windows 10 Home or Pro x64.iso" and find the 64bit coming at about 3,1gb for the 64bit Pro.

The 64bit Home iso is slightly larger at 3.11gb for some reason while Pro typically should be the larger. Both Home and Pro edition will see the new Windows DVD Player free as one of the first updates to go on until performing a clean insstall to replace the initial upgrade. That can be still bought for $15 at the MS Online store separately.

I opened up the Combo as well sa the 64bit Home iso for side by side by view here. When origially trying to separate the 64bit from the 32bit it was an automatic fail as the two are too far integrated in this particular type of download as you will see by noticing more folders are present with the 64bit only iso.

Extract A Single Version from All-in-One ISO [​IMG]

Disregard the two versions of the MC tool sitting in the same folder on the right. I simply left them there when having to go back for each of the other separate downloads which tends to work out much better.

Night Hawk, Aug 28, 2015
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    You were told how to do it in the other thread where you asked the exact same question....
    Solved UEFI Install AIO - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

1. If you are upgrading an existing Windows 7, 8, or 8.1, you don't need to boot from the USB in order to do that. You run setup.exe from the USB as a storage device not a boot device.

2. Since you don't need to boot from the USB in order to do an upgrade, the USB can be formatted with NTFS.

3. If you do a clean install before doing an upgrade from within the previous operating system, Windows 10 will not activate.

4. In order to extract a single version install.wim from the AIO install.wim you are going to need to use imageX to do that which is part of the Windows Automated Installation Kit (WAIK). Read the WAIK Tools section of this tutorial:
    Installing Windows 10 Technical Preview [VHD] ~ Hyrokumata

NavyLCDR, Aug 28, 2015
  6. rohidroid Win User
    So the thing is the ISO which I've downloaded is an AIO, so the guy who complied it, deleted the bootx64.efi, because when I run the setup.exe from the root of the ISO, it gives me an error to put the 64-bit installation disc, but this AIO contains 64-bit too. And when I run Setup.exe from the sources folder, it gives me an error that the setup cannot install a 32-bit OS on a EFI-based System. So the guy made some changes to it. I need to know how can I make it run from this ISO?

rohidroid, Aug 29, 2015
  7. Somebody made changes to it? The best and fast solution is to simply run the tool again and download the 64bit single flavor iso and then be able to open up the image file to extract the set up files needed to see that written to flash drive by the MC tool and run the setup.exe file while booted in Windows as previously advised.

This "other guy"? Who is that? If someone has been tinkering with things that's even more reason to go after a fresh download of 10 where nothing has been altered! You want the genuine article in 100% complete form!

Night Hawk, Aug 29, 2015
  8. AddRAM Win User

Why not just burn the AOI iso to dvd, then just choose the version you want when you do the upgrade, I`m sure it`ll ask you.

Your only other option is to just do the normal upgrade through windows update or download the correct iso, this time pay attention to what you`re doing.

You said you formatted it, I hope you reinstalled a fresh copy of 8.1 for the upgrade.

Why did you download an AIO iso in the first place when it clearly asks you exactly what you want.

Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums

AddRAM, Aug 29, 2015
  9. The combo iso is simply Too Large to fit on any blank dvd and will be caught by the Media Creation tool itself as not having enough room. At first here I ended up using a 16gb flash drive until getting several 8gb in to make up Recovery Drives for each system that sees a 10 upgrade. The separate download of each edition in each flavor came about first with Pro since two were to 10 Pro and then both for the Home edition to have onhand as well as upgrading a 7 HP laptop.

With the original complete Windows.iso downloaded and saved to a folder you then have the option of seeing the full clean install once the upgrade has been tended to. If you are going to run the 64bit get the 64bit iso and make up the full install media and call it a day. That will cover everything including having a live recovery stick since on booting from it you have the recovery options found under the Install Now button.

Night Hawk, Aug 29, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    You can't. Download a legitimate genuine Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Aug 29, 2015
  11. Have not seen any MS references to their ISOs that call any of them All-in-Ones. Where you DO see such references is on pirate board where folks have crafted thing like 16-in-1 versions. Problem with using ANY of these is you do not KNOW what's in them. Maybe they're clean and just compilations; but maybe, they're NOT. Much better course of action is to use Official ISOs from MS. You know what you're getting when you do that.

Mark Phelps, Aug 29, 2015
  12. *Thumbs

Cluster Head, Aug 29, 2015
  13. Extract A Single Version from All-in-One ISO

That was seen back when 7 was new where you could unlock all editions by following a guide at SF! But when going somewhere else to examine other so called downloads people were going for ""out in the wild" malwares were detected and people were warned to stay legit!

With the genuine article being a free upgrade offer from Microsoft directly who wants anything tampered with? Going for the "Real Deal" makes for common sense. Take advantage of doing it the right way to see working results!

Night Hawk, Aug 29, 2015
  14. rohidroid Win User
    Well thanks for the replies guys. I have checked with VAIO and they say that to stay in Win 8.1 till November as they are still testing drivers for Windows 10. So by that time, I'll download a fresh Win 10 x64 ISO. So thanks.
    P.S. For all who come in search for answers to this thread.
    Solution : You can't extract a single version from an AIO ISO. Download a fresh copy.

rohidroid, Sep 1, 2015
  15. Well that's what I was pointing out at the top of the thread. You are always better off going with each separately and as you go through the options you can also rename the ISO image being downloaded for each flavor(32 or 64bit) of 10 as well as the edition. Instead of simply seeing "Windows.iso" downloaded and saved to a folder you can rename that when browsing for the location to save it to to something like "Windows 10 Home or Pro x86 or x64.iso" still keeping the 3 digit file extension unchanged! There is also a 5th option as far as the editions are concerned regarding the 10 Home Single Language iso rather then the rest which see the language packs stashed into the $Windows~BT folder upon tending to the upgrade itself when that and even the ~WS folder for the 64bit flavor holding the set up files are created.

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Extract A Single Version from All-in-One ISO - Similar Threads - Extract Single Version

2. Extract all only extracts first

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extract all only extracts first: When I select multiple zip files, right click and extract all, it only extracts the first file to a file named after it.This worked previously, I believe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extract-all-only-extracts-first/64de94fe-1632-4693-9a0b-a769e5d0daeb
  3. Extract all only extracts first

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extract all only extracts first: When I select multiple zip files, right click and extract all, it only extracts the first file to a file named after it.This worked previously, I believe. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/extract-all-only-extracts-first/64de94fe-1632-4693-9a0b-a769e5d0daeb
  4. "Extract All" option missing from File Explorer.

"Extract All" option missing from File Explorer.: Hi Folks,"Extract All" disappeared after I downloaded some software and was "Messed With".I searched for a long time and found nothing that resolved my situation.I figured it was a Registry issue, but didn't know what.My solution was to open up another computer and delve into...
  5. Extract specific Windows version from Windows 10 Multiple Edition ISO

in Windows 10 News
    Extract specific Windows version from Windows 10 Multiple Edition ISO: If you download a common version of Windows 10, it will include all the versions of Windows, including Pro, Home, Education, and the N versions. This is by design, so when you use the key, it will activate the right version, or if a custom installer is used, that tool can...
  6. How to Create a Bootable ISO Image from Windows Extracted Files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Create a Bootable ISO Image from Windows Extracted Files?: I want to create a bootable ISO Image from Windows Extracted Files. I have all the copied files from a Windows Dvd disc but I want to make a bootable ISO file from it. Please help me in making ISO with the easiest way....
  7. Will Version 2004 ISO from Insider Program be the same build as the one that is publicly...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will Version 2004 ISO from Insider Program be the same build as the one that is publicly...: What are the chances there will be an updated build for next week's public release? I've got a machine I want to clean install version 2004 on, but don't want to risk of doing it over if there's a new build. submitted by /u/---geek--- [link] [comments]...
  8. Program to extract label info from ISO disc

Program to extract label info from ISO disc: I know there is one, I had it and lost it. 93667
  9. ISO of Single Language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ISO of Single Language: Hello everyone. I just registered. I have Windows 10 Home Single Language version 1703. I tried to download the 1709 ISO for my version from the MS site: Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File) First it asks to select the version, in which the only option is...
  10. "Extract All" missing from context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    "Extract All" missing from context menu: I understand that Windows 10 has a default zip file zip/unzip feature but the "Extract All" option is not on my rt. click file context menu. Is there a setting I need to find or is there a problem? 72979

Users found this page by searching for:

1. extracte windows pro from iso AIO