Windows 10: Extremely slow mapped network drive access to images in folders windows 10 Pro Ver 1809

Discus and support Extremely slow mapped network drive access to images in folders windows 10 Pro Ver 1809 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all. Hoping we can find how to correct an issue we are having. Extremely slow mapped network drive access to images in folders windows 10 Pro Ver... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by 2nicepeople, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Extremely slow mapped network drive access to images in folders windows 10 Pro Ver 1809

Hi all. Hoping we can find how to correct an issue we are having. Extremely slow mapped network drive access to images in folders windows 10 Pro Ver 1809

When we open windows 10 browser and go to the mapped drive (z), everything works fine -- BUT about 80-95% of the time - when we click on folders with images in them, all we see is a thumbnail at first, - then the line in the browser that shows the path, it slowly creeps a green line across the path line (really slow), even when the green line is completed (and goes away) we still can only see some images in the thumbnails.

Most thumbnails we can not see images, still just thumbnails.

We work with images all day - so this is a real issue for us. The photos average 1.5MB to 3MB in size, but this issue happens on tiny files 30k -- this extremely slow and then still not being able to see all the pictures as thumbnails happens whether we have 20 images in a folder, or 100 photos.

This condition occurs on all four of our PCs - all 4 PCs are Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 (Build 17763.805, installed 7/31/19) - completely windows updated.

As a mention: Windows browser in view / options / view (in properties always show icons, never thumbnails) is unchecked, applied to all folders. Display file icon on thumbnails is checked.

We have a Seagate NAS 4 bay server mapped on our PC's as we have had for years with out the extremely slow images issues (all files type thumbnails show up fast, just the issue with ,jpg, .gif, .png pictures. Our NAS is 440/420 model - it is a 440 configured with Raid 5 with four 2TB drives (8 TB total). About 55% full spacewise, with 45% available.

We have checked there are no updates for the NAS server.

Any ideas to resolve this issue?

Thanks we appreciate all help.

:)

2nicepeople, Dec 4, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mapped network drives don't work in Windows 10 version 1809

Yep. *Wink

Mapped drives issue now resolved. See "Current Status" table on first post for more details.

*Arrow Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 Now Re-Released - Windows 10 Forums

[table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Current Status[/td] [td]Affected Platforms[/td] [td]Details[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]December 5, 2018 3:00 PM PT[/td] [td]Resolved[/td] [td]
    • Windows 10, version 1809
    • Windows Server 2019
    • Windows Server, version 1809
    [/td] [td]Mapped drives may fail to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows device. Symptoms include:
    • In File Explorer, a red "X" appears on the mapped network drives.
    • Mapped network drives show as "Unavailable" when you run the net usecommand from a command prompt.
    • In the notification area, a notification displays, "Could not reconnect all network drives."
    Resolved: KB4469342 addresses the issue that may cause mapped drives to fail to reconnect after starting and logging onto a Windows device. This supersedes KB4471218 for workaround scripts to automatically reconnect a mapped network drive when you log on to the device.[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Brink, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2019
  4. DrXDon Win User

Extremely slow mapped network drive access to images in folders windows 10 Pro Ver 1809

W10 Network Drive Access

Jan 2016, no body at my company will use Windows 10 because of extremely slow network access.

Environment is gigabit Ethernet LAN with 25 Windows Desktop Computers and one server running 2008 R2. Server manages two network drives: one with about 1 TB of data in 100.000 folders/files. Desktops map both network drives for quick access.

Any desktop that upgrades to W10 experiences the slow access.

Noticed that normal speed access is restored by disabling UAC

If my only options are: secure system with slow data access OR less secure system with normal speed access or W7, I have no choice but to pick W7.

Does Microsoft have any plans to address?

DrXDon, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Extremely slow mapped network drive access to images in folders windows 10 Pro Ver 1809

1. Extremely slow mapped network drive access to images in folders windows 10 Pro Ver 1809 - Similar Threads - Extremely slow mapped

2. Windows 10 offline map download extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 offline map download extremely slow: Hi! I wanted to download the offline map data on windows onto my laptop. The file is apparently 671MB. I have a 135mbps download speed on my internet. I am still waiting for it to download after 90 minutes! This question asked in 2020 and the answer given was that the...
  3. Windows 10 offline map download extremely slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 offline map download extremely slow: Hi! I wanted to download the offline map data on windows onto my laptop. The file is apparently 671MB. I have a 135mbps download speed on my internet. I am still waiting for it to download after 90 minutes! This question asked in 2020 and the answer given was that the...
  4. Very slow access to mapped network drives in Explorer and Office Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow access to mapped network drives in Explorer and Office Apps: I know this issue has been raised on many websites, many times. However, I still have not found a solution. I have tried every registry change and service verification, going so far as to doing a clean install of Windows.I have two very fast Synology NAS devices on my network...
  5. Very slow access to mapped network drives in Explorer and Office Apps

Very slow access to mapped network drives in Explorer and Office Apps: I know this issue has been raised on many websites, many times. However, I still have not found a solution. I have tried every registry change and service verification, going so far as to doing a clean install of Windows.I have two very fast Synology NAS devices on my network...
  6. Mapped network drive/ shared folder not accessible after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mapped network drive/ shared folder not accessible after reboot: I have a folder on a file server Windows XP Pro - Logon: USER no logon password which I have shared share permission read/write to ALEX not administrator and added ALEX into the security list. File server IP = 192.168.1.111 I have a desktop Windows 10 Home Logon: USERno...
  7. Windows 10 offline map download extremely slow

Windows 10 offline map download extremely slow: Greetings, I had posted this problem once before on my windows feedback hub, but I just posted few minutes ago, answers were 1 month ago, that was really weird, I didnt know what happened so I post again at here. Im trying to download some offline maps in settings, it...
  8. Win 10 Pro ver 1809

Win 10 Pro ver 1809: I had a local network set up and working good and within the last 2 or 3 months it died! None of the four computers can see anything except itself. I have tried all the solutions that I can find on the 'net and changed settings to match what people said works, but still...
  9. Windows 10 Pro ver.1809 , Domain change option gray out and not able to access network...

Windows 10 Pro ver.1809 , Domain change option gray out and not able to access network...: Hi , We have observed in our environment there are 10 machines are automatically disconnected from domain and mappen networked drive not accessible from the machines which earlier working fine on same machines. While mapped network drive access its shows error code...
  10. Mapped Network Drives issue in Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    Mapped Network Drives issue in Windows 10 version 1809: If you run a Windows 10 PC with mapped network drives you may want to hit the brakes to make sure that the Windows 10 October 2018 Update is not deployed on the device. Microsoft released, re-released to be precise, the latest feature update for Windows 10 two days ago after...