Windows 10: F8 Key Wont Put Me In Safe Mode Anymore After upgrading from win7 to win10+ Fix?

Discus and support F8 Key Wont Put Me In Safe Mode Anymore After upgrading from win7 to win10+ Fix? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, As mentioned F8 key on my windows 7 put me in safe mode, but as soon as i upgraded to windows 10, the F8 key Don't Work Anymore!! I know the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tomslm, May 7, 2019.

1. tomslm Win User

F8 Key Wont Put Me In Safe Mode Anymore After upgrading from win7 to win10+ Fix?

Hi, As mentioned F8 key on my windows 7 put me in safe mode, but as soon as i upgraded to windows 10, the F8 key Don't Work Anymore!! I know the other ways to get into safe mode but I want to be able to use the F8 key like i use to, any idea's on how to get it to work again on windows 10? Thanks

PS: i am using desktop not a laptop.

:)

tomslm, May 7, 2019

2. Does F8 key still work to boot into Safe Mode?

It was Option Two, step 4 (holding shift key while pressing restart) that worked.

CountryBumkin, May 7, 2019
  3. Does F8 key still work to boot into Safe Mode?

I ran into a problem installing Win10 on my laptop (I posted about it here). I got into an endless reboot cycle where Win would go to desktop but no taskbar/apps worked and a popup message left me no choice but to reboot again. I needed to get to Safe Mode to fix this. I had a USB stick with the Win10 install files on it, but no way to boot to it.

I tried repeatedly pressing F8 key from BIO screen to Windows start, but could not get into Safe Mode. F8 and Shift+F8 didn't work (nor did F6). It seemed that mu USB keyboard was not being recognized during the boot up process (is this possible?).

so, I could get to desktop but no further, however I was getting to the login screen where there is a icon to shutdown or restart. I read here that holding the Shift key while selecting Restart would boot into Safe Mode. That worked!

So does F8 no longer work during boot up? Or is my keyboard not being recognized until after Windows loads?

CountryBumkin, May 7, 2019
  4. Raner Win User

F8 Key Wont Put Me In Safe Mode Anymore After upgrading from win7 to win10+ Fix?

How to enter windows 10 in safe mode with f8 key!

I saw some were on this forum a post discussing safe mode and how it did not work on windows 10 using f8 key...
    I like knowing if I need to get into safe mode on my pc the f8 key will work... So I started checking the web and found how to make windows 10 go into safe mode with f8 key...
    The information I found is for windows 8 but I checked it out on my windows 10 pc and it works just fine...
    Here is the link to the tutorial: How to enable the F8 key to start Safe Mode in Windows 8
    Admin...If this is information you all know about just delete this post...

Raner, May 7, 2019
Thema:

1. F8 Key Wont Put Me In Safe Mode Anymore After upgrading from win7 to win10+ Fix? - Similar Threads - Key Wont Put

2. upgrade problems from win7 to win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade problems from win7 to win10: Hi, Having some issues upgrading a windows 7 system to windows 10. Ran the MS upgrade using mediacreationtool1909.exe on an older AMD processor (Athlon II X2 250 3.00ghz 32 bit) and the supporting motherboard, no other devices. It ran for awhile and then failed with this...
  3. upgrading from win7 to win10

upgrading from win7 to win10: I can't find HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win7-to-win10/f289a046-d68b-471b-8f6f-de8ed5ccafa6
  4. Retrying win10 upgrade from win7

Retrying win10 upgrade from win7: I accidently downloaded and tried to install the 32 bit version. My system is 64 bit. The download/install goes through the steps until it gets to 27%. I've tried three times It stops the install and resets the system back to win7. The error code is "0x8007005-0x2000A...
  5. After Upgrading from win7 to win10, nothing works.

After Upgrading from win7 to win10, nothing works.: I recently done an upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro and having issues. For starter, the start menu doesn't open. Search, Settings, Updates & Securities, Apps & Features and the list goes on will not open. Event MS Edge doesn't open. Basically anything that belongs to...
  6. dual boot win7/win10 wont boot to win7 anymore +BSOD "memory managemen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dual boot win7/win10 wont boot to win7 anymore +BSOD "memory managemen: My pc specs * asus z97-p motherboard * intel i7 4790 cpu * bequiet 630w psu * 8gig corsair vengeance ram * samsung 850evo 250gig ssd (win 7pro 64bit drive) * sandisk ultra II ssd 128gig ssd (win 10 drive) * 2x crucial 500gig bx100 ssd (data drives) i recently rebuilt this...
  7. Reactivate F8 to boot safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Reactivate F8 to boot safe mode: I happened across this cmd.exe line while looking for a shortcut to open in safe mode: Code: bcdedit /set {default} bootmenupolicy legacy[/quote] . It worked. I found a startup menu and got to safe mode with network. One little problem: after trying it out I rebooted and...
  8. Upgrading from win7 to win10

Upgrading from win7 to win10: Hello, I have 4 PCs; I was able to upgrade 3, but the fourth one the desktop I couldn't upgrade it. I followed all the workarounds and solution were offered I downloaded the Windows Creation Tool and still cannot update. What should I do? 13716
  9. Using Win7 product key after upgrading to Win10?

Using Win7 product key after upgrading to Win10?: I'm wondering, if after upgrading a PC to windows 10, can I use the old Windows 7 product key to install windows 7 on another PC? 19592
  10. Does F8 key still work to boot into Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does F8 key still work to boot into Safe Mode?: I ran into a problem installing Win10 on my laptop (I posted about it here). I got into an endless reboot cycle where Win would go to desktop but no taskbar/apps worked and a popup message left me no choice but to reboot again. I needed to get to Safe Mode to fix this. I had...