Windows 10: Failed fresh Windows 10 re-install from Version 1709 to Version 1903 with catastrophic BSOD...

Discus and support Failed fresh Windows 10 re-install from Version 1709 to Version 1903 with catastrophic BSOD... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I bought my Gateway PC in 2010 and lately I have had very serious updating problems! The following is my System Info November 2019: [ATTACH] Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PauLee BlueStreet, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Failed fresh Windows 10 re-install from Version 1709 to Version 1903 with catastrophic BSOD...

I bought my Gateway PC in 2010 and lately I have had very serious updating problems!

The following is my System Info November 2019:

Failed fresh Windows 10 re-install from Version 1709 to Version 1903 with catastrophic BSOD... 7cc02f86-0ddb-4cbf-ad4d-e7848ad27cc9?upload=true.png

Since the first week of October 2019, when I started my PC it started acting up to a point where it had gone into a catastrophic Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD). Since June, my PC was successful in updating to Version 1803 from Version 1709. I own an original MS Windows 10 Version 1709 installation disk and although it did update to V.1803, my PC started acting up a few weeks ago to a dead-end point!

I have done anything and everything possible to try and reinstall my original V.1709 disk trying to update to V.1903 now with complete failure, so I tried to update to the older V.1803 also with complete failure!

For the last few weeks I've reinstalled my V.1709 disk about 20 times doing everything from running a SFC Scannow, DISM Restore Health command scan, do the update....failed!

I've gone to the Services tab disabling Windows Update in the Startup Type tab, do the update....failed!

I've gone to C:/ Windows and deleting the contents of the SoftwareDistribution file, do the update....failed!

I've gone to the Power and Sleep tab and setting my system to Never sleep nor power down the screen, do the update....failed!

I've gone to the Date and Time tab, turn the system to on in the Set time automatically, do the update....failed!

I've unplugged everything from my PC only leaving the mouse and the screen, do the update....failed!

I've even unplugged my SSD and plugged in a new (formatted) HDD drive and tried reinstalling my Windows 10 and then restart only for it to go into a BSOD.....again failed!

I've done everything as said numerously and again trying to update to the newer versions after everything and anything possible that I've done, restarted my PC, it goes into Update mode on log in and then it freezes at about 30% forcing me to do a hard start only to go into BSOD (with the sad face frozen) screen......all failed!

The best I've succeeded was to get up to 90% updates only to completely freezes and completely fail!

Now I'm not a gamer, and I realize my system is old but also I do know what I'm doing keeping my system optimized with updated files from my Device Manager and I've been using Bitdefender Total Security antivirus services for 9 years now with no problems, but one week ago, I've replaced my 10 year old display graphics adapter card with a brand new NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 adapter and as said, I've tried troubleshooting in the Settings Update and Security tab and then updating and restarting, only ending in BSOD.

About 10 months ago, my old HDD crashed altogether, so I installed a brand new Samsung SSD drive for my dedicated C:/ Windows system and installed a second HDD for all my other media and this really increased my performance running at under normal temperatures but about 4 weeks ago, I noticed that while right in the middle of using my PC, this is when my problems started going into BSOD. I've restarted and it wouldn't even go into log in and this happened a few times forcing me then to do a complete reinstall of my MS Windows disk.

I suspected that maybe my PSU has failed but it hasn't because what I've done now, is doing a fresh reinstall of my MS Windows V.1709 disk and it installs with no problems all right up to this point where I am using my PC to write all this out here and everything is mysteriously running perfectly!

My system has at the moment updated itself from the Update Status with it's showing all the necessary updated V.1709 Security files and even the included Feature update to Windows 10, Version 1903 file and it's prompting me to do a restart which I have NOT DONE now for 3 days leaving my PC permanently on!

After fully reinstalling my original V.1709 disk and removing it from my PC, I have tested what I can by even disabling my current Internet service and forcing my system to go into Sleep mode over-night now for the last 3 days and I'd simply wake it up by pressing any key and it lights up perfectly and here I am using my system with ZERO problems, but I know that if I re-started my PC at this moment, it would crash and completely freeze forcing me to reinstall my Windows V.1709 disk again, removing the disk and continue on where I am right now using my system flawlessly!

This is making me so-ooooo sick and tired and warned out and stuck in a weird loop where I cannot restart after an update but I can use my PC after and install.......ANYONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP HELP HELP.........Thank-you

:)

PauLee BlueStreet, Nov 2, 2019
  2. PJ French Win User

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 failing to install

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1709 keeps failing to install and it recycles in an attempt to install. When I clicked on the link to get more info on the failure, no error code was present. Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

PJ French, Nov 2, 2019
  3. Al Burc Win User
    Unable to update Window 10 Pro version 1607 to version 1709

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1607 to the latest version 1709 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer
    • Ran the DISM.exe
    Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101 - 0x30018
    • 0x900704c7
    Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you

Al Burc, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Failed fresh Windows 10 re-install from Version 1709 to Version 1903 with catastrophic BSOD...

How to get the Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

Who told you that? It's not true, you can skip as many versions as you like. Just use the MCT to make the 1903 ISO, mount it, then run Setup.exe on the root of the ISO to start an in-place upgrade.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

This tutorial tells you how to do an in-place upgrade, see Step 4.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Not having tried the step from 1709 to 1903, I've tested it for you. Here is my test machine (System Two below). part way through an in-place upgrade from 1709 to 1903.

Failed fresh Windows 10 re-install from Version 1709 to Version 1903 with catastrophic BSOD... [​IMG]

Failed fresh Windows 10 re-install from Version 1709 to Version 1903 with catastrophic BSOD... [​IMG]

Edit: and some 90 minutes later it finished, with all files and apps still there.

Bree, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Failed fresh Windows 10 re-install from Version 1709 to Version 1903 with catastrophic BSOD...

1. Failed fresh Windows 10 re-install from Version 1709 to Version 1903 with catastrophic BSOD... - Similar Threads - Failed fresh install

2. Re-Install a Fresh Version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-Install a Fresh Version of Windows 10: Hi, I have a PC running Windows 10 that I want to gift to someone, but before I do so, I want to install a separately licenced version of Windows 10. I have tried to buy a new licence and then substitute the activation code, but Microsoft keeps taking the product out of my...
  3. Windows 10 version 1903 failed to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 version 1903 failed to install: Last successful feature update Windows 10 ver 1803, 6/23/2018 Feature update Windows 10 version 1809 amd64-2019-03 last failed install attempt on 8/18/2019 - Oxc1900101 Ran toubleshooter, no help Ran Media Creation Tool - Oxc1900130, retried, no help I have copied...
  4. Windows 10 update from version 1903 fail

Windows 10 update from version 1903 fail: Hello this is Rob I have wiped my surface 7 times and still can't update from version 1903 still get error 0x80004002 everytime https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-update-from-version-1903-fail/aafa83b7-1f0d-40e6-8e45-d0c5457ca961
  5. Fail to install Windows 10, version 1903

Fail to install Windows 10, version 1903: Hi all, I was not able to install windows 10, version 1903 update. When I install this, got the below screenshot error message and interrupted. I don't have the AVG Antivirus application in my system while purchased, but it populate the error message "AVG Antivirus is...
  6. Windows 10 update from Version 1709 to Version 1903 resulting in looping BSOD could be...

Windows 10 update from Version 1709 to Version 1903 resulting in looping BSOD could be...: A link to my One Drive minidumps and system specs is https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsDonPWtSeJQ2wZD_0hoO-EibV-3?e=wH9ddW I've tried to boot into safe mode, it will only do so with minimal and reverts to BSOD when network is selected. I've updated the graphics driver Intel HD 630, to...
  7. Windows 10 version 1903 failed to install

Windows 10 version 1903 failed to install: I keep getting a failure to install with Windows 10 1903. I the error message appears to be 0x80070005 and 0x80070643. I'm not sure what either of these mean or what the best way to get the installation to work....
  8. Windows 10 fails to update from version 1709 to version 1803

Windows 10 fails to update from version 1709 to version 1803: Failed twice using Microsoft Update and once using Media Creation Tool. Here is a clue from Event Viewer - - - Windows update could not be installed because of error 2359302 "" (Command line: ""C:\WINDOWS\system32\wusa.exe"...
  9. What Fresh Hell Is This Re: MS Version 1709??

in Windows 10 Support
    What Fresh Hell Is This Re: MS Version 1709??: When I plugged in and booted up this morning I was greeted with this "Your Device Needs The Latest Security Updates." Imgur I have been on 1703 (win 10 pro) since I got the machine in early Dec. The culprit that started this unwanted and unstoppable upgrade appears to...
  10. version 1709 installed

version 1709 installed: version 1709 installed and Microsoft wants wordpad to be default, I have apache office which Microsoft is ignoring, it has tried 3 times to be default but winpatrol stops it, how do I get Microsoft to stop asking 99979