Windows 10: Failed W10

Discus and support Failed W10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I first set up this thread, I had already had at least 2 goes at trying to instal W10 -- whether they are still on this notebook I have no idea,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by joodyanne, May 13, 2016.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

Failed W10

I'm confused. You stated:
    And yet it's right there, second one, below contacts:

Failed W10 [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, May 17, 2016
  2. joodyanne Win User

I have now made a backup copy of windows 10 on a disc. It seemed the best thing to do given all the problems I'd had. Plus a clean reinstal.

Because I could not find the original disc for the Toshiba notebook (which is unusual as I have the discs for every other computer I've had (must have put it in a safe place lol), I made another copy on a 16gb usb. I need to do a clean reinstal before loading w7 and then w10. Need some help though.

joodyanne, May 18, 2016
  3. simrick Win User
    I'm guessing you probably never got disks with the Toshiba, as most OEMs now just include a recovery partition on the hard drive itself.

Regardless, you don't need to reinstall W7 and then upgrade to W10. You can just clean install W10 and use your W7 keycode to activate it.

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

If you don't know your W7 keycode, you can grab it using this program:
    ShowKey Plus

simrick, May 18, 2016
  4. joodyanne Win User

Failed W10

Thans Simrick, I know I would have put my papers and disks for Toshiba in a safe place, so maybe they didn't actually send me one. I'll give your suggestion a go after dinner - fingers crossed! I have never formatted a hard drive before, so will have a look around first.

joodyanne, May 18, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    Windows will do it at the install if you tell it to. Cheers and good luck! *Thumbs

simrick, May 18, 2016
  6. joodyanne Win User
    Ok - I'll need all the luck I can get - thank you!!!!

joodyanne, May 18, 2016
  7. joodyanne Win User
    It didnt take THAT long to instal, but I did it in stages over the past 2 days. Win10 is now installed - it made no reference to Win 7. I hope my daughter will be able to change my address to hers, as the notebook picked up info from either the deleted Win 7 or from my new Win notebook of both my email addresses.

I have just one query. (I am not talking about the notebook I've just put Win 10 on) I am referring my desktop (Win 7), my iPad and my new notebook (Win 10) At the moment, all three download the same emails on Outlook.com. Is it possible to "unsync" them, so that the mail only comes down on the particular computer I am on? I dont want 3 copies of every email.

joodyanne, May 19, 2016
  8. simrick Win User

Failed W10

So glad you've got the W10 install completed!
    The email is setup that way on purpose - it's so you can go to any of your devices and have everything there as you left it. You don't want to have to go looking on three different devices to try and find a particular email. *Smile

simrick, May 19, 2016
  9. joodyanne Win User
    well I used the desktop 95% of the time - I only use the notebook or ipad if I am away from home overnight. So there is no way I can unsync them?

joodyanne, May 20, 2016
  10. simrick Win User
    Hmm...delete the email accounts on the email clients and just grab your emails from your web browser when you're away?

simrick, May 20, 2016
  11. joodyanne Win User
    lol Is that about all I can do?

joodyanne, May 20, 2016
  12. Fabler Win User
    Fabler, May 20, 2016
  13. joodyanne Win User

Failed W10

I'm not sure if the message above is related to me, but as I don't like using my browser for mail (the private one is not on browser anyway) I just wondered why I can't unsync them.

joodyanne, May 22, 2016
  14. simrick Win User
    simrick, May 22, 2016
  15. joodyanne Win User
    joodyanne, May 23, 2016
Thema:

Failed W10

1. Failed W10 - Similar Threads - Failed W10

2. W10 VPN Error: The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 VPN Error: The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a...: Hi guysI recently replaced my hard drive with a SSD and used a clean install on Windows 10 via flash drive / recovery media. All has gone fine, except when I try and log on to my VPN I get the error: The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a...
  3. W10 VPN Error: The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 VPN Error: The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a...: Hi guysI recently replaced my hard drive with a SSD and used a clean install on Windows 10 via flash drive / recovery media. All has gone fine, except when I try and log on to my VPN I get the error: The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a...
  4. W10 VPN Error: The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11 install from W10 failing on 2nd boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 install from W10 failing on 2nd boot: It says it can't find the boot device. I updated everything, clean booted, disconnected everything except kbd and mouse, tried installing from usb, updated the bios, TPM enabled, the install is not finding the drive for some reason. Any Ideas on this?...
  6. Windows 11 install from W10 failing on 2nd boot

Windows 11 install from W10 failing on 2nd boot: It says it can't find the boot device. I updated everything, clean booted, disconnected everything except kbd and mouse, tried installing from usb, updated the bios, TPM enabled, the install is not finding the drive for some reason. Any Ideas on this?...
  7. Cumulative updates 21H2 and 22H2 fail to apply on W10 20H1

Cumulative updates 21H2 and 22H2 fail to apply on W10 20H1: Hello. In the past years I tried to update the system a few times. Antivirus, driver and other software updates did complete flawlessly, however it seems that Windows Update did not update Windows' core components at all. For security reasons I would like to finally update my...
  8. Cumulative updates 21H2 and 22H2 fail to apply on W10 20H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cumulative updates 21H2 and 22H2 fail to apply on W10 20H1: Hello. In the past years I tried to update the system a few times. Antivirus, driver and other software updates did complete flawlessly, however it seems that Windows Update did not update Windows' core components at all. For security reasons I would like to finally update my...
  9. Cumulative updates 21H2 and 22H2 fail to apply on W10 20H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Increasingly common BSOD on W10 - wdiwifi.sys failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Increasingly common BSOD on W10 - wdiwifi.sys failed: Since December of 2021, I have been occasionally getting BSODs with the same error messages each time:Stop Code: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDWhat failed: wdiwifi.sysIn the past few days, these crashes seem to have become increasingly more common. I have gotten two more...