Windows 10: Failure to receive emails

Discus and support Failure to receive emails in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, Up until April 4th, the mail system was working fine. We went away for six days and since returning the mail system is failing to download... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by selwyn Lewis, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Failure to receive emails

Hello,
    Up until April 4th, the mail system was working fine. We went away for six days and since returning the mail system is failing to download emails for both addresses, Hotmail and BT internet. If I use a search engine such as google I can access my emails, but what is wrong with the Windows 10 mail system?
    Selwyn

:)

selwyn Lewis, Apr 11, 2016
  2. GearWorld Win User

sharing link by email not received as a link

Indeed I sent you to that email and I didn't receive an email failure so I assume it was sent correctly. Let me try again

GearWorld, Apr 11, 2016
  3. Having trouble sending emails from my lumia 820. I am able to write it an hit send but i receive an email saying there was a failure to send email every time. hotmail and yahoo

Having trouble sending emails from my lumia 820. I am able to write it an hit send but i receive an email saying there was a failure to send email every time. hotmail and yahoo

trevormclean34, Apr 11, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

Failure to receive emails

How about an error message?

You can access your emails directly to the server thru webmail, which doesnt rule out a pop provider issue if using pop3 protocol, nor setup within windows mail.

Without more detailed information, no one will be able to assist.

RWOne, Apr 11, 2016
  5. Thanks for your attempts to help.
    I have received no error messages. Everything is as it was before we went away for a few days, apart from the non-receipt of emails through Windows Mail.
    I have no idea what pop protocol applies as the Windows 10 program installed without intervention from me. So I presume that the modem and internet settings were unchanged. I have looked into the settings but without further help I can provide nothing with which I am familiar.
    Therefore, as I have changed nothing the problem is likely to be with the Windows program as it was on one previous occasion. A patch from Microsoft eventually took care of that problem.
    Selwyn

selwyn Lewis, Apr 12, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I'd like to make sure I understand you correctly..............
    You had a similar problem before and a patch from MS had solved it.
    But now it happens again.........................

If that is correct, try do a system restore. Pick a date before April 4th as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Apr 12, 2016
  7. Hello Davidhk,
    The problem previously involved the mail program, although the problem was different. It centred around the fact that attachments did not download. The patch put that to rights.
    Selwyn

selwyn Lewis, Apr 12, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Thank you.
    Please do a system restore as suggested anyway.

davidhk, Apr 12, 2016
  9. Hello Davidhk,
    Thanks for the help. The mail is now downloading correctly, following the system restore that you suggested. I am keeping my fingers crossed that remains so.
    Thanks again,
    Selwyn

selwyn Lewis, Apr 13, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    Wonderful.
    You are welcome.
    Hope it remains so.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Failure to receive emails - Similar Threads - Failure receive emails

2. Not receiving emails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not receiving emails: Not receiving emails. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-receiving-emails/8bdac644-656d-4824-bffa-9f46d0d6db7a
  3. Received This Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Received This Email: Thames Valley ParkReadingBerkshireRG6 1WGUNITED KINGDOMDear SiriMadamMicrosoft Corporation wish to notify all online customers as we celebrates this new year Promotion Award 2023; and also to inform you that you have emerged one of the beneficiary Selected in this year 2023...
  4. Received This Email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Received This Email: Thames Valley ParkReadingBerkshireRG6 1WGUNITED KINGDOMDear SiriMadamMicrosoft Corporation wish to notify all online customers as we celebrates this new year Promotion Award 2023; and also to inform you that you have emerged one of the beneficiary Selected in this year 2023...
  5. Not receiving emails.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not receiving emails.: I'm not receiving my emails now. I received them five days ago but no more. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-receiving-emails/b4fcb55b-94d8-431d-8905-6041e15b1756
  6. Not receiving emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not receiving emails: I can only receive emails from outlook and Microsoft my iPhone is getting emails but my PC is receiving none I need help please thank you very much https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-receiving-emails/5e2befc1-1f8c-4c19-9da7-f212b3185df3
  7. receiving emails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    receiving emails: my emails will only post if I hit "send and receive", and then they come in on the side of the screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/receiving-emails/fe040e8a-dc81-42cb-8fe8-b706984ffeb9
  8. Not receiving emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not receiving emails: Can not receive incoming Emails https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-receiving-emails/64a8d1e4-3e1f-45aa-be32-f3b1667fa767
  9. Not Receiving Email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not Receiving Email: Why am I not able to receive an email from a particular business? They've attempted to send an attachment encrypted, not encrypted, and an email with no attachment at all....
  10. not receiving emails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not receiving emails: not receiving emails to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** acct. my only acct https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-receiving-emails/8619f877-aa00-4dd7-8942-5788bde8ab3b