Windows 10: Family account removed by son with Admin Rights!

Discus and support Family account removed by son with Admin Rights! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Family account removed by son with Admin Rights! I set up an account for my son under Family Group to keep him safe on line and to monitor and... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SteveMarsh4, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Family account removed by son with Admin Rights!

Family account removed by son with Admin Rights!

I set up an account for my son under Family Group to keep him safe on line and to monitor and restrict his use on the laptop and Xbox for his safety to make sure he does school work at the right times without distraction. It turns out that he had admin rights and he has now removed his profile! However, he still has an account on the laptop with admin rights! How do I reinstate his account under Family Group settings so that he DOES NOT have admin rights on the laptop. It looks like I will have to save all of his schoolwork data etc elsewhere so I can remove him from the laptop and then re-inivite him under Family Group but with no guarantee that he won't have admin rights again. What we don't understand is that the restrictions I set up before he removed his profile from the group are still active but i can no longer access them.

Reading previous submissions to the Community this has been going on for years and so far nothing has been done about it. It should have been a Windows 10 update fix years ago.

If anyone with sense can assist I would be grateful.

:)

SteveMarsh4, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Bypass Family Settings by conversion to Local Account

What you describe should be impossible. To test this I just now created a child account on my PC and signing in to it tried to change it to either an admin account or a local account. Could not do that.

The only way your son can change his account to a local account and "remove" it from Family, or create a new account is to have access to an admin account on that same PC (your account), or alternatively access to your admin MS account's Family settings online. For that he needs both your MS account username and password. It means that if you protect your own personal admin account (MS account) with a strong password and especially the Two-Step Verification, he has no way to access that account and he should not be able / is not able to change your Family settings or his account status.

4. Family account removed by son with Admin Rights!

Family Safety not working on my son's account

I have checked, rechecked, reset, turned off, turned on the settings and set up the family multiple times before I even asked my question. I removed my son's account and added it again, and it did nothing.

loonybin41, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Family account removed by son with Admin Rights!

1. Family account removed by son with Admin Rights! - Similar Threads - Family account removed

2. Remove my son from family account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove my son from family account: Hi, I have been in contact with the microsoft support who directed me here. My support cas nr is 1055412827, hopefylly you get all details from there. What I need your helt with is to remove Joar from one of my familygroups i have somehow two microsoft accounts so that you...
  3. Remove my son from family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove my son from family account: Hi, I have been in contact with the microsoft support who directed me here. My support cas nr is 1055412827, hopefylly you get all details from there. What I need your helt with is to remove Joar from one of my familygroups i have somehow two microsoft accounts so that you...
  4. Remove my son from family account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to remove family restriction at a local admin account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove family restriction at a local admin account?: I am using my WIN 11 PC with a local administrator account. My son accessed the Windows Store and maybe more with his email and downloaded a game in my account. As a result, my local account is linked to his family security and restricts my access.The computer is not...
  6. cant remove myself from family account as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant remove myself from family account as admin: my mom was the admin of the family account a long time ago since she has got a new account and cant log into the old one. I was set as a admin to but I want a standard account cause the family account won't allow me to buy things. I've been stuck on this for a good hour so if...
  7. cant remove myself from family account as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant remove myself from family account as admin: my mom was the admin of the family account a long time ago since she has got a new account and cant log into the old one. I was set as a admin to but I want a standard account cause the family account won't allow me to buy things. I've been stuck on this for a good hour so if...
  8. cant remove myself from family account as admin

9. Family Group membership removed by Son

Family Group membership removed by Son: UPDATED from Security & Privacy: After 5 hours on line with MS Support I'm none the wiser. For some reason two of the 'advisers' lost connection when they couldn't resolve the issue. Funny that! Here is the exact problem: From the task bar the child Family Group member...
  10. Admin account appears to be in sons account now

Admin account appears to be in sons account now: My son was on my PC yesterday trying to login to his Microsoft account so we could watch a movie, we ended up connecting his Xbox to my TV. I am (was) the admin on my PC, there is no PW to login so when I power up the PC it used to take me directly to my Desktop. When I...