Windows 10: Family Apps and game limits in time frame 12AM not valid

Discus and support Family Apps and game limits in time frame 12AM not valid in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; so I am trying to set app limit from 1PM to 12AM but it kept saying "choose a valid time frame", how do I setup to only use the app between 1pm until... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by sangweb2, Apr 25, 2020.

1. sangweb2 Win User

Family Apps and game limits in time frame 12AM not valid

so I am trying to set app limit from 1PM to 12AM but it kept saying "choose a valid time frame", how do I setup to only use the app between 1pm until midnight? It only allow me set from 9:30 or earlier to 12AM, any other time will says it's to choose valid time frame.

Another question is can we set the app by day instead of just weekdays and weekend? I normally allow them stay late on Friday by not Sunday so days would be much better way to limit the app. TIA.

:)

sangweb2, Apr 25, 2020

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Apr 25, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    New App and Game Limits for Family Settings on Windows 10 and Xbox One

Source: New app and game limits empower parents with more specific settings | Windows Experience Blog

How to Set App and Game Limits of Microsoft Family Child on Windows 10, Xbox One, and Android

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twitter

Brink, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Family Apps and game limits in time frame 12AM not valid

Family Safety to limit game time on WP8

Hi,

just managed to setup family safety for the WP8 of my 10 year old. Maybe I am doing some thing wrong, but I fail to see how I can limit the game time he can play on the device per day.

Thing is, he needs a phone to be reachable and do emergency calls. But he also needs to be prevented from playing games all the time. On Windows8 I can limit the computer time per day and allow/disallow apps / games. But on WindowsPhone8 it seems there are
    only webfilters to configure and nothing else.

Has any one found a list of configurable parental controls for WindowsPhone8? That would help me determine if it is my bad or a missing feature by Microsoft.

Thx

MobilePaul, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

Family Apps and game limits in time frame 12AM not valid

1. Family Apps and game limits in time frame 12AM not valid - Similar Threads - Family Apps game

2. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  3. Family safety time limit not limiting time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family safety time limit not limiting time?: I've set a 30min limit on Saturday and Sundays for my son but he is able to carry on for longer without the limit stopping him. How do I make it work?...
  4. Microsoft family app and time-limit features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft family app and time-limit features.: So let's say I'm a kid. I accidentally disabled the notification that tells you how much game time you have and the reminders of when it is about to end. This includes the option to ask for more game time. How do I get the reminders back?...
  5. Microsoft family app and time-limit features.

Microsoft family app and time-limit features.: So let's say I'm a kid. I accidentally disabled the notification that tells you how much game time you have and the reminders of when it is about to end. This includes the option to ask for more game time. How do I get the reminders back?...
  6. Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family: In Microsoft Family I need a feature where I can set a time limit for a group of apps together. This important for video game limits for example. If I can only limit time per app then I either have to make the limits on game apps very short which isn’t fair or give larger...
  7. Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family: In Microsoft Family I need a feature where I can set a time limit for a group of apps together. This important for video game limits for example. If I can only limit time per app then I either have to make the limits on game apps very short which isn’t fair or give larger...
  8. Time Limit For A Group of Apps in Family

9. "App and Game Limits" not recognizing apps to limit in MS Family

"App and Game Limits" not recognizing apps to limit in MS Family: I want to use Microsoft Family to limit kids' ability to pay a specific game Kerbal Space Program to no more than X hours per day, on just a single Windows 10, brand new Acer laptop. No other devices at issue or being used with these accounts. But when I go to "App and...
  10. App and game limits - Microsoft Family

App and game limits - Microsoft Family: Suddenly my daughter gets messages she has to ask a parent for more time to use Chrome. App and game limits in Family is OFF and grayed out, I have never set any restrictions. How can this be fixed?...