Windows 10: Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?

Discus and support Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all - Do you think that Fast Startup should be enabled in W10? Yes or no? Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Compumind, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Compumind Win User

Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?

Compumind, Jun 6, 2018
  2. Rob Welsh Win User

Windows 10 Fast Startup Boot Fail

Since about the update to W10 V1607 a Fast Startup enabled boot stalls. The four window panes appear but the circle of dots chasing it's tail do not. Prior to V1607 Fast Startup was working. Update KB3194798 failed, but was subsequently successful. A "sfc
    /scannow" didn't turn up any problems, and its to early for a boot log. Any suggestions for tracking down this annoying little problem?

Rob Welsh, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Fast Startup Setting in Windows 10 will not stay enabled

Hibernate IS enabled, but the Fast Startup box will not stay checked.

Beasley104, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?

1. Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable? - Similar Threads - Fast Startup W10

2. Disabling Fast Startup on AVD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Fast Startup on AVD: Afternoon all,I am having some issues with some assistive technology and the developer of the assistive tech has suggested that turning off Fast Startup may resolve the issue. I am connecting to a Windows 11 Azure Virtual Desktop via the Microsoft Remote app and the IT team...
  3. Disabling Fast Startup on AVD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Fast Startup on AVD: Afternoon all,I am having some issues with some assistive technology and the developer of the assistive tech has suggested that turning off Fast Startup may resolve the issue. I am connecting to a Windows 11 Azure Virtual Desktop via the Microsoft Remote app and the IT team...
  4. Disabling 'Fast Startup' not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling 'Fast Startup' not working: I am having an issue with the Nvidia GeForce Experience driver. My brother and I both use the PC for gaming and we use separate Windows User accounts (Mine is admin, his is regular). The problem we have is when one of use uses the PC before the other the GeForce Experience in...
  5. BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD at shutdown with fast startup feature enabled: I have an Intel NUC which is having BSOD only at shutdown, with Windows 10. I have narrowed it down to the fast startup feature. If disable it shutdows properly, without BSOD. If it is enabled, it display BSOD just before shutdown. I have latest BIOS and latest drivers. Can...
  6. Fast startup can not be disabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast startup can not be disabled: Since the latest windows update (This evening): Even though Fast startup is NOT selected. The computer still starts up and basically logs in in the background (the apps in the startup folder are already running) and the username is displayed even though dontdisplaylastlogon...
  7. Can't Enable Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Enable Fast Startup: Hi, guys. I can't see a way to enable fast startup in my H P laptop running W10 Home. I go to the power settings section (following instructions from the Internet). and there is no check box to enable fast startup. Any ideas? Thanks/ 122620
  8. Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enable NumLock on Fast-Startup: Hello all, The issue I am currently having is enabling NumLock before the logon, I have modified the corresponding registry key (Find attached my screenshot below) and that works perfectly fine when restarting my PC, however I have fast-startup (Screenshot also below)...
  9. No pb to mount partition in linux e/t Fast Startup is enabled in W10

in Windows 10 Support
    No pb to mount partition in linux e/t Fast Startup is enabled in W10: hi.I just found out that Fast Startup feature is still enabled in my version of Windows 10 (currently 1703).And I was able to mount the C: NTFS partition in linux read/write without problem (ntfs-3g is supposed to warn you and prevent you from mounting it RW if fast startup...
  10. No option to disable Fast Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to disable Fast Startup: All of the guides I have seen say that to disable Fast Startup you should: - Settings | System | Power & Sleep - Additional Power Settings - Choose what the power buttons do Then under "Shut down settings" there should be a tick box - but I dont have it. Screenshot:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. howto disable faststart in w10 1903 update

2. how to get a fast startup w10