Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?

Discus and support Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi all - Do you think that Fast Startup should be enabled in W10? Yes or no? Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Compumind, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Compumind Win User
    Compumind, Jun 7, 2018
  2. Rob Welsh Win User

Windows 10 Fast Startup Boot Fail

Since about the update to W10 V1607 a Fast Startup enabled boot stalls. The four window panes appear but the circle of dots chasing it's tail do not. Prior to V1607 Fast Startup was working. Update KB3194798 failed, but was subsequently successful. A "sfc
    /scannow" didn't turn up any problems, and its to early for a boot log. Any suggestions for tracking down this annoying little problem?

Rob Welsh, Jun 7, 2018
  3. Beasley104 Win User
    Fast Startup Setting in Windows 10 will not stay enabled

Hibernate IS enabled, but the Fast Startup box will not stay checked.

Beasley104, Jun 7, 2018
Thema:

Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable?

Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable? - Similar Threads - Fast Startup W10

1. Black login screen + fast startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Black login screen + fast startup: After starting up my pc the first thing that I see is the image and date, so after pressing enter i should get the login screen but in my case i get a black screen and after 2-3 seconds back at the first screen. Pressing enter again get me the same resoults few times,...
  2. Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze/BSOD after sleep and with fast startup enabled: Hey there! I have this strange problem since I have installed 2x8GB DDR3 memory on my Desktop computer. Sometimes when I start the computer with Fast Startup enabled I have BSOD with ... well you will see in the dmp files - DRIVER IRQ LESS OR EQUAL, NTSOKRNL or...
  3. No pb to mount partition in linux e/t Fast Startup is enabled in W10

in Windows 10 Support
    No pb to mount partition in linux e/t Fast Startup is enabled in W10: hi.I just found out that Fast Startup feature is still enabled in my version of Windows 10 (currently 1703).And I was able to mount the C: NTFS partition in linux read/write without problem (ntfs-3g is supposed to warn you and prevent you from mounting it RW if fast startup...
  4. Cmd prompt to turn off Fast startup at boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Cmd prompt to turn off Fast startup at boot: Would an Autoexec Bat file work? Maybe turning off hibernate (?) The problem is on my Asus UX303LA laptop with Fast Start on I can't boot from a recovery usb. If I turn off Fast Startup all is well and the computer boots. What would be be the code? Thanks 98382
  5. Fast Startup Issue - Can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Startup Issue - Can't turn it off: As stated in the title. Since i got the Creators Update, my computer will not shutdown and continues to "fast startup" with all my previous windows still open, even with the setting turned off. Checked the BIOS setting for this as well and made sure it was set to 0. Really...
  6. Beware of Fast Startup in multi-boot scenarios!

in Windows 10 Support
    Beware of Fast Startup in multi-boot scenarios!: This isn't really new advice, and it's in fact quite well known, but this should be a sticky in this forum: Do not, ever, have WinX's Fast Startup option enabled if through whatever means you anticipate booting your system into an OS other than the one you just hibernated...
  7. HP Pavilion 15 randomly shuts down incorrectly if fast startup enabled

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Pavilion 15 randomly shuts down incorrectly if fast startup enabled: I've just updated an HP Pavilion 15 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (Home 64 bit). If fast startup is enabled, the laptop freezes at the very least step of the shutting down process. The shutting down process goes like this: 1. First you click on shut down 2. The shut down...
Fast Startup in W10. Enable or disable? solved